Conor asks for 165 Division (allegedly)

Great idea, another belt he won't defend.

I'm sure conor wants a lot of things. like more time shopping, wearing tight pants and more weigh ins where dudes get boners during the weigh in. but this 165 weight class isn't going to happen. waste of a conversation

If he had no intention of ducking Tony or Khabib, then he should have just fought one of them. Conor simply wants a fight for a third title against someone of his own choosing (probably fucking Diaz). I am on record supporting the 155, 165, 175 framework, but allowing Conor to fight for a third title with his history of refusing to defend is absolutely shameful.

That would be kinda funny.

Conor beats Nate for the inaugural 165 pound title and then retires rustling Sherdog jimmies forever.

More weight classes, less brutal weight cuts for fighters, and better fights all around. I'm down. 15 to 20 pound differences between some weight classes is stupid.

Or they could just not cut weight at all and still fight the same people that they would've when they did cut weight.

It makes no sense for two guys to both cut from 175-170 to 155 to fight when they could still fight each other at 170. This goes for all weight classes.

The Triple Champ does what he wants!

lmao this

Conor is smart, but not sure they're gonna do that for him.

Could see him wanting that to fight once and if he wins go down as the only triple champ ever for his legacy with 0 defenses.

i actually think that this has been a pretty well-discussed topic in MMA forums, including sherdog, and most ppl seem to be in agreement of more weight classes, or some change in the structure of the system

i don't think "Conor fanboys" have anything to do with it. usually it's the more knowledgeable, long-term fans of the sport and it's history that support and often bring up the topic. i think most fighters would probably agree as well. i doubt anyone is in favor of brutal weight cuts

i don't think it hurts that Conor agrees either. he certainly has a voice/influence for reaching the mainstream
No, don’t get me wrong. I’m all for more weight classes. I have been for a while. I guess I always felt like I was in the minority in certain discussions with most people saying things like “no way! We need less weight classes!” - that’s why I thought this was funny to see so many people all for it now.

Still ducking proper challengers to the belt after all these years.

Ali Abdelaziz (Frankie's Manager) says Conor asked for a 165 belt
Also Jimmie Rivera vs Moraes in the works
Clip of GOAT getting ready for Brooklyn
And PVZ manages to annoy the shit out of me in 3 seconds

Edit: Anyone else notice Ali's hands look like they were dipped in a tub of acid?

If you were going to do it, it would have to be 162.5lbs

Edit: Anyone else notice Ali's hands look like they were dipped in a tub of acid?

I like the idea of a 165 pound division (165, 175, 185, 205 as well)

But since Ali Is-a-sleez mentioned it, I can't believe it!

why? so he can get another undeserved title shot and then run from defending a 3rd belt if he wins?

no thanks.

ONE fucking thing I agree with him

More weight classes, less brutal weight cuts for fighters, and better fights all around. I'm down. 15 to 20 pound differences between some weight classes is stupid.
I agree, plus could see a two division champ actually maintain and defend both

165 will just see people who currently fight at 170 cutting even more.

More weight divisions is fucking stupid; better safeguards for current weight classes is not.

No. Eliminate 170, and create 165 and 175. Give Tyron his choice of division for the first title fight. Obviously, he'd be at 175, but still.

I'm still up in the air about it. You know shit starts to get funny with how many belts there are.

Holy shit he would own 3 title belts ! GOAT

I'm still up in the air about it. You know shit starts to get funny with how many belts there are.
I want Men's 125 gone, because no one cares. So, you would still have the same number of divisions.

135 BW
145 FW
155 LW
165 Super LW
175 WW
185 MW
205 LHW
206-275 HW

I want Men's 125 gone, because no one cares. So, you would still have the same number of divisions.

135 BW
145 FW
155 LW
165 Super LW
175 WW
185 MW
205 LHW
206-275 HW

Yeah. Hell yeah man. That looks good. Lord knows they have enough fighters.

Back