Conor’s recent tweet

he's taken quite a few short notice / risky fights. People can say what they want about Conor but he has made some ballsy moves.

Chad on 2 weeks notice when preparing for a striker when It was thought that a wrestler was his kryptonite. Nate at 170, particularly the 2nd time around after getting choked out / embarrassed. Key point being 170

Moving up to challenge RDA.

Even fighting Mayweather.

Based on that, I wouldn't put It past him honestly.

Doubtful though, I think this Tony / Khabib fight goes down..but who knows
Hold up...your comparing a guy who was actively in training for a fight, to 2 week rolled off the couch Chad Mendes? And coming from cancun Nate Diaz?
Cmon buddy...you think Conor is the one who deserves props for taking those "risky" fights?
Shits not ballsy, just plain cherry picking...just one of those just happened to blow up in his face.

He has taken risky fights but only when he had something to gain. He was training for a fight and Chad wasn't when he took that one.

RDA he had a belt to gain.

Floyd, he had the built in excuse that it wasn't his sport.

Nate, he wasn't risking his title either time. He threatened to retire after the first loss if he didn't get an immediate rematch when Edgar and Aldo both had valid claims for a fight.

^ this right here 100%

Conor shouldn't be commended for taking these fights. The guy cherry picked opponents at a disadvantage. And if he steps in against Tony/Khabib lord knows all the nuthuggers will be saying how brave he is for saving the card...smh
<Dylan>

All those insecure shertards are crying about Conor. Yet he's the Champ Champ and has 100 million. Keep crying!

Hold up...your comparing a guy who was actively in training for a fight, to 2 week rolled off the couch Chad Mendes? And coming from cancun Nate Diaz?
Cmon buddy...you think Conor is the one who deserves props for taking those "risky" fights?
Shits not ballsy, just plain cherry picking...just one of those just happened to blow up in his face.
or maybe you just see what you want to see

Again, confirmation bias Is a powerful thing.

Last edited:
Fortunately for you, my fellow sherdoggers, I speak Conorish.

stay ready = I just wrote it so that my so-much-poorer-than-me fans can understand whatever the fuck they want and still make me relevant on the social networks, but I am retired
#andstill......uhm...retired

stay ready = it will be announced that I will fight Maywheater for a ton of money in the octagon
#kaching

stay ready = if Maywheater refuses to fight, I will probably fight Nate, that skinny leightweight who choked me, but my so-much-poorer-than-me fans believe I avenged that loss because I won a decision against him #chokeequalsdecision

stay ready = I am retired, but If RDA beats that guy who is trying to be like me and if he beats that drama queen Woodley, who I wouldn't fight because in the octagon only argue with him behind scenes, I will might fight for the MW belt and if I loose I will say that RDA is 5 times bigger than me
#lovemyuncledana

stay ready = I am ready to do some coke, but I will never be ready to fight that russian guy who will hump me so much that he will change my sexuality or that mexican guy who would change my facial structure that I wouldn't be able to sell burgers

#embraceadversitybutnotthatmuch

or maybe you just see what you want to see

Again, confirmation bias Is a powerful thing.

lol

Stop using the phrase confirmation bias;

You don't fucking know what it means.

YOU'RE the one displaying bias, dumbass.

Motherf*ker won't even show up in Vegas to watch the fight, let alone show up in Vegas in a little less than 3 weeks notice to fight and he hasn't fought mma since November of 2016...

Conor needz to stop conning his blind believers.

he's taken quite a few short notice / risky fights. People can say what they want about Conor but he has made some ballsy moves.

Chad on 2 weeks notice when preparing for a striker when It was thought that a wrestler was his kryptonite. Nate at 170, particularly the 2nd time around after getting choked out / embarrassed. Key point being 170

Stop talking so much sense, you'll never get any likes this way buddy.

most likely conors burger is coming out

lol

Stop using the phrase confirmation bias;

You don't fucking know what it means.

YOU'RE the one displaying bias, dumbass.
I know exactly what It means and It is a completely accurate phrase when describing many on this forum. Conor just happens to attract individuals which produce great examples of It on both ends of the spectrum. As do many prominent figures / fanbases for that matter.

There's no bias here. I can just see the bigger picture better than the average keyboard warrior. Which isn't saying much really.

As long as we agree that every fight is a risk to either fighter, then I agree Conor has taken risky fights. But come on, his career has been very carefully managed to weigh reward well above risk!

Accepting a short notice fight against Chad? After Conor had a 2-month $300k camp and Chad couldn’t train?

Accepting A short notice fight against Nate? After Conor has a 2 month $300k camp and Nate couldn’t train?

Rewatching Nate? Lol. This is Nate Diaz we’re talking about. The guy has double digit losses in the UFC.

Boxing Floyd? That literally had no risk to hurting his MMA career.

@MescalineDreams

Did you learn the phrase confirmation bias recently, and really wanna get it into your rambles on here to sound smart?

Incredulous Cormier gif

Youre not using that phrase right: the thing you pointed out was not CB. If it was anything it was just regular bias, but trust me youre getting it wrong.

Im trying to help you dude, ihope youre not going about in real life trying to use the phrase: you can get away with it on Sherdog but in real life youll look dumb.

And fyi, youre one of the few remaining Conor huggers deluded by bias.

Conor ducked Ferguson so both he and you should shut it...

Or is that CONFIRMATION BIAS

lol

The tweet is obviously self-referential, i.e. He's ready to step in if Tony or Khabib pull out.

You take the square root of pie (I mean a literal pie... like the super decadent chocolate mud pie that Khabib is probably eating right now) and you multiple it by the force of impact of Tony's shin hitting a metal pipe. Factor in Murphy's law, and you end up with a WMMA main even for UFC 223.
Billy-D_Approves.gif

Good post.

Conor says things to stay relevant. Nothing to see here.

in my opinion conor is irrelevant now anyways.

takes time off for no good reason, holds up divisions, refuses to fight the next guys in line, waits for others to do his dirty work so he can take easier fights, never defended his fw and has yet to defend his lw belt.

When fans consider this guy a p4p or goat its a joke, he's nothing like that, just because he was gifted a lw title shot to become a 2 division champion against an easy opponent doesn't make him that great. In all honest gsp's comeback and moving up to mw was a 100x more impressive....conors accomplishment was really backed and fabricated by the ufc and head honchos.

Fighters we've considered goat or p4p all seem to have a few things in common, they held there titles for multiple years, they defended there titles against the next person inline without any real question or debate, they all fought in a respectable amount of time defending there titles...conor's last fight was nov 2016 and he's been out for no good reasons, he's not injured, didn't tear an acl, not sick, not on personal leave, had plenty of time to stay with the gf for the birth of his child and he's still pissing around.

Guys like gsp, aldo, fedor, anderson silva, even cruz they all have those things in common i mentioned, conor on the other hand is nowhere near them so really if fans want to consider him a p4p or goat thats fine but when you compare him to many others he's near the bottom of the list in my book.

Stay ready is something he's said since before the UFC. Nothing new.

Back