Conor’s game plan to mentally defeating Khabib.

Khabib doesn't strike me as the type to buy into any such drama.
Freaking Artem got to Khabib with some childish insults. Artem, the guy everyone makes fun of.

Mental warfare won't work on Khabib.

Conor will hold his ground and maintain aggression and confidence but he isn't "getting in Khabibs head" and Conor stands to make himself look bad if he spends to much effort failing in attempt to do so.

The dolly incident is a perfect example. Khabib's reply was simple. "Just tell me location (to meet you)" and he was calm and composed when he said it.
Khabib couldn't even handle Artem level mental warfare.

I don't know, I thought the same thing about a kid who grew up poor in the violent Vavelas of Brazil. Apperently I was wrong though.

Certain cultures aren't used to being forced to tolerate disrespect so by the time they get a chance to do something about it they can't think straight and just want blood.
This. Khabib seems like a guy who will go for your throat if you used a mom joke on him. He went all huff and puff on Artem. There is no way Khabib comes into the fight without being emotionally affected by Conor's words. It's possible that it backfires and Khabib gives Conor the worst beating of his life. Or he just rushes in too eager and wakes up as a former champion.

a Geopolitical breakdown on sherdog's UFC forum is always a treat. Well played, sir. Well played.

Conor mentally crippled Jose Aldo in a way nobody has ever been able to and Aldo doesn't even speak English.

His trash talk is like black magic, I won't be surprised if he manages to shook Khabib.
He will trigger Khabib with ease. Look at how heated he got with Artem. Khabib is the type that gets extremely aggressive if he isn't respected to the level he thinks he should. Conor could wake up at 3am, roll out of bed, type a 1 sentence tweet, and Khabib will be so shook he'll have a seizure.

He will trigger Khabib with ease. Look at how heated he got with Artem. Khabib is the type that gets extremely aggressive if he isn't respected to the level he thinks he should. Conor could wake up at 3am, roll out of bed, type a 1 sentence tweet, and Khabib will be so shook he'll have a seizure.

wtf? Conor attacked his fucking bus and Khabib was chill. Khabib triggered Conor so fucking much by simply touching his little hoe bitch that he had to face a fucking judge. lol. Khabib has already won the mental game. He forced Conor to fight him, a man who is the least favorable match-up and the least famous opponent of his possible opponents.

Khabib already got his check-mate. the rest is just gravy.

Wasn't Conor only.
UFC had a big part in it with that "global tour" where they allowed Conor to do whatever the fuck he wanted, including steal Aldo's belt (and then protect Conor from Aldo when Aldo tried to get the belt back)...
Dana also allowed the public to curse at Aldo constantly (during Q&A)... Aldo was constantly bombarded in that tour.

Was a shame to see how they disrespected a champion like Aldo.

Conor was a very small part of it.
Lol. What a joke.

Compared to the death threats chanted by the rio crowd during the press conference. The difference is Conor didn't give a shit. If it doesn't get under his skin the crowd won't do it. Aldo has that self entitlement where he thinks he should automatically be respected - he's hot under the collar and the crowd can easily read that and they pushed his buttons.

Aldo could have done all he wanted in return but he thought it was all talk and wanted his actions to do the talking. Conor is brash and pushed the limits. The UFC doesn't need to babysit Aldo - he's a grown man.

wtf? Conor attacked his fucking bus and Khabib was chill. Khabib triggered Conor so fucking much by simply touching his little hoe bitch that he had to face a fucking judge. lol. Khabib has already won the mental game. He forced Conor to fight him, a man who is the least favorable match-up and the least famous opponent of his possible opponents.

Khabib already got his check-mate. the rest is just gravy.
Conor is hyping the fight. He's shown time and time again that the pre-fight stuff is all just to make the $$$. Did the pre-Diaz 2 stuff impact his fight? The eddie stuff? No he was calm come fight time.

When it's face to face and in a stare down Khabib will be a ball of fury. You think he will be able to restrain himself if Conor slaps his hand or gets in his face?

Look how calm Khabib was before UFC 205. Conor barely said anything and Khabib was worked up and pushed a security guard.

Khabib isnt worried about conors show. He knows its a show. Sure he straightened artem out.. And look how much that got under conors skin. All khabib has to do is talk about artem and conor will fly off the handle. Look at all the crap conor had to go thru just because artem ran his mouth. I dont see making khabib mad at him as a good idea. He's not gonna try to ko conor like aldo did with the rush in face first move. He will punish him on the ground. Its going to be hilarious watching khabib talk crap to conor as he's on top pounding on him.

Doubt Conor will go for a religion angle. The payoff simply is in no healthy ratio with the possible backlash. A public figure shit talking Islam can get super serious real quick. You'll get shit from SJWs but no one cares about that. The actual problem is that he and his family will get legitimate death threats because there are some psychos out there that really don't take kindly to this type of shit talk. Does he really want to live his life fearing someone wants to blow him up just for a MMA win? Doubt it.

Political angle makes more sense. He can try that, not sure if it'll work but it seems much better than the religion angle at least in terms of risk.

you dont fuck with muslims

do you want anything compromising the events safety?

The muslims need to learn that not everybody shares their (in my opinion ridiculous) believes. If they answer with threats or violence, we have police and laws and judges and prisons to deal with their violence.

Wasn't Conor only.
UFC had a big part in it with that "global tour" where they allowed Conor to do whatever the fuck he wanted, including steal Aldo's belt (and then protect Conor from Aldo when Aldo tried to get the belt back)...
Dana also allowed the public to curse at Aldo constantly (during Q&A)... Aldo was constantly bombarded in that tour.

Was a shame to see how they disrespected a champion like Aldo.

Conor was a very small part of it.
You’re still in denial.

Lol at Dana allowing the public to curse Aldo. The public does whatever the public wants, including telling Conrad he’s gonna die in Brazil, but Conrad didn’t give a fook. They both had the exact same schedule for the tour yet Aldo was the only one who got crippled mentally.

The fact that you think Aldo needs to be protected from Conrad’s antics like a child says it all. Aldo was a mental midget next to Conrad and Conrad tore him apart. It was hilarious watching a long reigning champion having the EQ of a teen werewolf. “Waaah Conrad grabbed my belt and the public is booing me waaah Dana please help!” Lol

First press conference they do, Conor should bring him the tastiest most expensive Tiramasu cake inda world...

Check mate!

You just gave me an idea, bud. Thanks! The night of the fight I'm gonna eat the best tiramisu I can find, as one of the many things I'll have to make it a great viewing experience.

I could see Conor slapping Khabib with a pork chop and then start tweeting him pictures of Mohammed. Shit would get all kinds of real.

This would be be the ONLY thing that would make me respect Conor. More people need to be called out on their silly fables and myths they base their lives around.

Freaking Artem got to Khabib with some childish insults. Artem, the guy everyone makes fun of.
He is easily triggered by religion, make a thinly veiled death threat against Kavanagh when he made a light hearted joke about Islam.

I don't know, man. Khabib seems like the extremely prideful type. If you hit them where their pride is, they don't like it.

He will when you bring in family/religion etc

Khabib is a straight hot head

Khabib responded rather calmly with a simple, short 'threat' to Kavanagh, and his confrontation with ' Artem was relatively chill, putting a hand on his head and talking to him.

Conor, on the other hand, assembled a band of hooligans, flew across the globe, and ran around like a lunatic before throwing a dolly at a bus.

but Khabib is the one who will get triggered and upset? I don't know, guys. Conor was amped up before fighting Nate too...while all Nate had to do was issue a few "fuck you" responses and Conor was spun like a kid who just ate a pound of candy lol

Conor is the emotional one. He might get Khabib if he is *really* disrespectful about religion/family, but I don't think Conor will go there. Underneath the brash exterior is a respectful fighter and I think Conor knows that the standard 'it was just to hype the fight' won't cut it if he crosses that line.

I guess we will see.

Khabib doesn't strike me as the type to buy into any such drama.

maxresdefault.jpg

Khabib strikes me as exactly the kind of guy to get into drama.

maxresdefault.jpg

Khabib strikes me as exactly the kind of guy to get into drama.

did he hit Artem? did he so much as raise his voice?

compare that to Conor pre-Nate and with 'dollygate'.

if either of them has issues controlling their emotions and behaviour, isn't it Conor?

Back