Conor’s game plan to mentally defeating Khabib.

I feel like the only way to shake Khabib would to get into religion and I believe the UFC would quickly intervene, no company wants to open up a door for crazy Jihadists.

He's smart enough to not talk about religion.
People gets killed for such things (literally) lol

I don't think some Irish loudmouth can do anything throw off a Dagie mountain man off his game.

Khabib is a stone cold killer.

If anything Conor is just setting himself to get tortured for 25 minutes.

If someone gets in his head it's Conor but we will see. He will definitely use that homeless man think against Khabib.

The UFC's relationship with Conor isn't nearly as good now as it was when he fought Aldo, each match seems likely to be a strungle to set up and likely with a lower profit margin than normal.

Even with diminishing returns mate Conor makes the UFC way more money than Khabib. How much did they make from Conor v Floyd. How much will they make from Conor v Khabib? Let's not pretend Conor isn't the reason 228 will do easily over a million ppvs. Khabib to this point is an unknown in term of drawing power, he might end up being a PPV draw but even Khabib doesn't believe he could draw Conor's numbers. Even if you're talking about longevity it's a moot point as Khabib fights so infrequently that it's likely he'd only have a few more fights in the UFC. If he beats Conor, then Tony, then fights and beats GSP it's very likely he could call it a day. Until he can prove a ppv hit why wouldn't the UFC go with the known commodity.

First press conference they do, Conor should bring him the tastiest most expensive Tiramasu cake inda world...

Check mate!

There is A LOT of ammunition for the mind games but something tells me that he appreciates the threat khabib brings due to his quietness.

Should be a good fight, both are staying very quiet and hopefully training to the fullest

Mocking religion would lead to have body guards and high security measures for him and his family the rest of his life.
Not a smart move.

Even with diminishing returns mate Conor makes the UFC way more money than Khabib. How much did they make from Conor v Floyd. How much will they make from Conor v Khabib? Let's not pretend Conor isn't the reason 228 will do easily over a million ppvs. Khabib to this point is an unknown in term of drawing power, he might end up being a PPV draw but even Khabib doesn't believe he could draw Conor's numbers. Even if you're talking about longevity it's a moot point as Khabib fights so infrequently that it's likely he'd only have a few more fights in the UFC. If he beats Conor, then Tony, then fights and beats GSP it's very likely he could call it a day. Until he can prove a ppv hit why wouldn't the UFC go with the known commodity.

The UFC must always be thinking though whether the next Conor payday might be the last were as they know Khabib is going to stick around. That's not to say I think they'll be strongly pro Khabib, just that they won't be as anti him as they were with Aldo when they spent over a year rubbishing him in any way possible.

Khabib doesn't strike me as the type to buy into any such drama.

He is easily triggered by religion, make a thinly veiled death threat against Kavanagh when he made a light hearted joke about Islam.

No, he should not bring nationalities or religion into this game BUT he should definitely bring in homosexuality!

those caucasus guys are really allergic to gays and one of the worst insults is if you question their manliness and
call them gay, then they get outrageous!!! Guys will stab you there immediately just for calling them
gay, its like worse than insulting their mother (almost).

but the even better part is that they give you SO F***ING much attack surface for such accusations
as you will NEVER see them with woman but only in groups of men. they will then also occasionally
just start to wrestle while they hang out, hug each other, give each other massages etc. Just follow
one of them on insta an you will see that this is true, always just bunch of guys, hanging out half
nacked, hugging each other, once in a while some of them start to wrestle, others watch ans lought,
then they all start jumping each other, loughing, afterwards giving each other massages... its like
they are offering him their weakest point on a silver plate... Coner should just take it and use it
against them!

if anything will break through Khabibs reserve, it will be the gay factor!
Good point, Conor should say wrestling and rolling around on the ground is only for gays, real men stand and bang to lure him into a standup fight.

Conor mentally crippled Jose Aldo in a way nobody has ever been able to and Aldo doesn't even speak English.

His trash talk is like black magic, I won't be surprised if he manages to shook Khabib.
Wasn't Conor only.
UFC had a big part in it with that "global tour" where they allowed Conor to do whatever the fuck he wanted, including steal Aldo's belt (and then protect Conor from Aldo when Aldo tried to get the belt back)...
Dana also allowed the public to curse at Aldo constantly (during Q&A)... Aldo was constantly bombarded in that tour.

Was a shame to see how they disrespected a champion like Aldo.

Conor was a very small part of it.

lol that shit might work with many but i dont think Khabib will fall into it

I really hope he does<JonesLaugh>

I hope he does.

a9TpuJR.jpg

If he does, this event is definitely gonna be the bomb

<21>

As long as there’s chicken tiramisu I’ll be happy

I'm not hateful. But, I shouldn't call you an idiot. It was wrong on my part. The thing is that after all these years reading from Conor's nutthuggers how he would be the greatest boxer if he did boxing, how he would change and shock the boxing world, how he would KO Mayweather in first round, how he would KO any HW in MMA, outgrappling Khabib...etc., things like that is why MMA fans can't stand his fans. Calling his mind games bigger than Floyd's? Common man... My apology anyway.

Alright you seem like a sensible man so I’ll attempt to have an actual discussion.

Would you agree that there are two main purposes to trash talk:

1) to get more viewers (ie people paying) to watch you fight

2) to throw the other guy off his game plan, get in the other guys head so he fights emotionally, etc.

Those two are obviously very different things, but do overlap at times. Can we agree on this starting point?

If so, can you admit that Conor got in several veteran, skilled mma fighters head like nobody else has (Alvarez, Aldo are perfect examples)

If Artem could get in Khabib's head, imagine how easily Conor will do it.

Back