Conor’s dimished aura

faixafrouxa

Dembelt
@Green
Reaction score
His trash talk game will be even less effective, his opponents won’t be emotional wrecks and/or go into panic abandoning gameplan running into the left like Alvarez, Aldo, and Poirier.

This is why Aldo and Poirier rematches would be interesting.

Yup pretty much. In the 3 of his fights people payed attention to most, he was getting saved by the ref at the end of each one.

yeah any trash he says can easily be counteracted by saying you quit in your last fight.

His trash talk game will be even less effective, his opponents won’t be emotional wrecks and/or go into panic abandoning gameplan running into the left like Alvarez, Aldo, and Poirier.

This is why Aldo and Poirier rematches would be interesting.

Poirier was shook but he didn't run into the left. Conor rushed him with a left hook, Poirier also had legit defence for that but it clipped him right above the ear.

Poirier was shook but he didn't run into the left. Conor rushed him with a left hook, Poirier also had legit defence for that but it clipped him right above the ear.
But he's looked MUCH better at 155 besides that Johnson KO and has one of the hottest streaks going at LW

I think worse than any of that, people know a tried and tested gameplan against him...
This could also work as a pro though, cos I think he did fairly well in the grappling exchanges considering how good Khabib is.
Anyways, we'll know over his next fight or two.

Conor is a good fighter..but he isnt the 'goat' as so many claim. In reality..he is a middle of tje pack lightweight. Who would he beat in the top 5? Against most, his only way to victory is to KO them within the first few exchanges. He only wins one way. I would bet money that Mendez, Also and even Alvarez woukd beat him in rematches. He had his hands full with Nate Diaz..and Diaz is helpless against any submission-wary wrestler.

Conor vs Diaz 3

winner gets the interim LW title.

ya i dont think he'll go the chael way . if you recall, after getting subb'd by anderson silva in the 5th round, chael still claimed to have won "the fight" even though he lost the match . kek

Yup pretty much. In the 3 of his fights people payed attention to most, he was getting saved by the ref at the end of each one.
Not to mention all the cheating Herb let Conor get away with in the last fight. Heck, Conor even cheated in the Floyd fight.

Reality has caught up to promotion. Conor was a lot better than most his critics (includes me) originally thought but he was also nowhere as close to GOAT as his fans thought.

His trash talk game will be even less effective

You're right. Just like it wasn't effective against Eddie after Conor lost to Diaz. Eddie's performance wasn't affected at all and he fought a great fight.

Well Nate already proved twice if Conors not fighting midgets he can bully he aint all that. Alvarez is about last dwarf he can face at LW and most are his size and will not be intimidated. Smaller guys will still be. His range means he hits/kicks first on them which is intimdating..

I think he beats Aldo and Alvarez most of the time for this reason. New Dustin would beat his ass IMO. So would post puberty Max.

Last edited:
lol people still acting like all of conor's wins were flukes or guys " fighting dumb " because of the trash talk or whatever.

the dude has the best hands in the UFC, and is the best counter puncher MMA's ever had.

conor is extremely good, despite what his bitter little haters will have you believe.

Conor is a good fighter..but he isnt the 'goat' as so many claim. In reality..he is a middle of tje pack lightweight. Who would he beat in the top 5? Against most, his only way to victory is to KO them within the first few exchanges. He only wins one way. I would bet money that Mendez, Also and even Alvarez woukd beat him in rematches. He had his hands full with Nate Diaz..and Diaz is helpless against any submission-wary wrestler.
name someone who's beaten nate on the feet in a straight up striking match, no wrestling, no wrestling threat. you said it yourself, nate has weaknesses but conor doesn't have those strengths, styles make fights.

also you're probably the only person on earth who thinks alvarez would win a rematch, dude had absolutely nothing for conor lol, even his haters realise that.

I doubt it will impact him too greatly, because I thought the Floyd loss would have and it didn't seem to do much to lessen his fanbase.

On the other hand though, it has done WONDERS for Khabib's career. His instagram has blown up by millions, he has met with Putin, and has received worldwide (mostly) adulation for his actions during and after the fight. There is no doubt that Khabib's stock has skyrocketed.

Back