Connor on a spending spree!

As much as i dont like him and want to see him crash and burn I do think hes extremely intelligent and will save most of his money.

Its like when he was stunting on everybody with his rented cars and fur coats with the tags on them. He can still maintain the image but hes not actually going to be stupid enough to fuck himself up financially

Seriously? He is smart enough at his age to make a 100 million dollars and you think he will squander it away like some Bobby Joe that just won the power ball??

And it isn't like he can't go make millions more in his next few fights.

It'll be hilarious to see him waste it away like that...perhaps he could use some help in diversifying his bonds
IMG_3259.JPG

Come to Sherdog to see the most affected, jealous and petty sport fans on the planet.

What do you mean re: contractors? They earn 150K+ a year - good for them, is it the money that their company getting paid for their services or them personally? If its them personally - they will pay all the personal income tax they "deserve"... If its the company that is getting 150K for their services and they pay themselves less than 80K (to go under 46% bracket), what do they do with the rest of the money? Leave it in the company and get taxed 30%, and then what? Buy a company car? You don't need a company to package a car if you are using it for business only... Use it for company lunches? fair enough... To buy a house or have a holiday you will need to use 'your money' which will be coming from after tax money one way or another... So before becoming a contractor and work for yourself be prepared for a lot of headache and get yourself a good accountant, because you seem to be missing a point...
They leave the money in the business account. They buy all their vehicles under their business depreciated over 3-5 years, with a ration of 80/20 personal, when in reality they are mostly personal. All vehicle expenses (rego, fuel, maintenance, insurance) are included as business costs (all fully deductable). Their house payments/rent are also deducted as a business site, staff trips, computers, mobile phones...all the stuff that you pay usually with your net personal pay (after tax), is a business profit deduction.

They then pay themselves a small wage, but imagine only paying 75% of your rent, then never having to pay for phones, vehicles and some other living costs out of it. You can then use the equity of the company to finance your own investments, such as a house. You can do that in australia as equity in a business is just as good as personal equity. Have properties negatively geared so that you only pay capital gains later on down the track. You can own a trust with immediate family and drop business liquidity into it at a far reduced tax rate. There's other tricks, too.

There's a million different ways you can reduce your own personal revenue by simultaneously deducting your everyday personal expenses and assets as a business expense/asset.

Much of it is fraud, but its incredibly hard to audit by the ATO. I'm not saying its honest, but basically every contractor I know operates this way. Maybe its different in the US, but in Australia this is definitely the case. I'm not sure what point you think I'm missing.

although he didn't buy it, I'd imagine renting a 380 million dollar yacht would cost nearly 1 mil per day

"Notorious" Conor Mcgregor is a character. This is 100% confirmed after the Floyd fight. Notorious is no different than The Rock, Stone Cold, Original Shiek, etc. I don't know why you guys believe in anything this guys says, posts on his Instagram, etc. Everything the man does is a promotion.

You fucking goofs! That Reebok money isn't even been considered here. Dude is set!

Get your fight kits today!

I heard that yacht was a gift from Reebok.
Conor gets a 360 mil boat and Zingano gets a $25 off coupon for Reebok apparel.

Renting is no problem. Buying is what kills you.

Dude, you don't understand basic accounting. You only pay tax on the country you earned and declared it in. The only Irish fees he'd be paying are the conversion rates at the time of transfer from US to Irish currency.

I purposely took my year long working holiday in Canada in the middle of the year so that I earned only half of my regular income in Australia over two years. That reduced my payable tax by 70% for those years, because my earnings in Canada were paid into Canadian accounts and taxed by the Canadian agency.

Also, someone like Conor would have top accountants making sure he gets the most of his money. He has a company (McGregor Entertainment Group or something). His purse would have been paid to the management group, thus his purse would only be taxed at the corporate company rate which is capped much, much lower than personal income tax. He would then have just paid himself a bit of play money, while the rest sits in the company's books or in a related trust.

I'd bank on that he kept 70% of his money.

He also has a second company called Congregor Investments. I think it's safe to say he's funneling that money into stocks and other investments through those two companies.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Congregor-Investments-Limited-584579

God, Sherdog posters sound so poor

Explain your statement to me. I'm asking in seriousness. I haven't met anyone who talks that way since grade school. Are you actually mean spirited and elitist, or just having a laugh, or both? Or are you a kid?

Explain your statement to me. I'm asking in seriousness. I haven't met anyone who talks that way since grade school. Are you actually mean spirited and elitist, or just having a laugh, or both? Or are you a kid?
elistist

Renting a yacht and having a nice meal is going to make him broke lol, sherdogs financial experts.

Back