Congressman Trey Gowdy says Clinton investigation goes deeper than anyone knows

Normal citizens can use non-secured emails.
Not for classified information on a server in their bathroom! I used to have a government job. I would have seen legal problems if I set up a server in my bathroom and sent work e-mails over it.

Nice to see your attempt at parallel reasoning at least incorporates the aspect of breaking the law. That's shows progress on your end. Too bad your comparison lacks the element of possible harm coming to others, which is supposedly the big problem with the fumbling of classified info. Seatbelt laws are for one's own protection and to lessen the coverage claims for insurance companies. So basically one's not exactly like the other.
So it's like driving without a seat belt and not getting into an accident. Thanks for clarifying.

Weird none of the people complaining about this have an issue with Trump at unsecured MaraLago each weekend or that he is still using his personal phone.

But...but...Hillary. Get the fuck over it. They didn't even have enough to attempt prosecution, and she subsequently lost the election. Focus on our current shit show of an executive branch. Hillary is in no position to influence our countries direction at this point. The Clintons are done. Republicans and conservatards are going to have to actually develop ideas that aren't, "The Clintons are corrupt!". Grow up, learn to think, and move the fuck forward.

Do you know what thread you're in? Take off your lib goggles, you might be able to read better.

So it's like driving without a seat belt and not getting into an accident. Thanks for clarifying.

Weird none of the people complaining about this have an issue with Trump at unsecured MaraLago each weekend or that he is still using his personal phone.

None of these people care at all about the alleged issue. It's 100% partisan politics.

Why am I not surprised a leftist wants someone else to do shit for him?

She broke the law, bud. It's black and white. There's no grey area.

Edit: and before you go rattling on about intent, the statute doesn't require intent.

Why am I unsurprised you're dumb enough to think I'm on the left?

Why am I unsurprised you're dumb enough to think I'm on the left?

That's the way you carry yourself on this forum, although I know you've claimed not to be many times. I'm not buying it. Anyway, there's your evidence. The director of the FBI stating Hillary Clinton had classified material on private servers. That's a crime. Deny that shit. Ignore facts if you want. Nothing more I can say about it.

That's the way you carry yourself on this forum, although I know you've claimed not to be many times. I'm not buying it. Anyway, there's your evidence. The director of the FBI stating Hillary Clinton had classified material on private servers. That's a crime. Deny that shit. Ignore facts if you want. Nothing more I can say about it.
You're remarkably stupid for someone who's so opinionated.

You're remarkably stupid for someone who's so opinionated.

Now you're deflecting from the issue entitely. I prove you wrong so you call me stupid. And I'm surprised you've resorted to personal insults. I never had a personal issue with you before. But whatever. Typical lib. Errr that's right, you're not a lib. :rolleyes:

^ Take notes, folks. That's how you know you've won an argument. When you provide the evidence they obviously thought you didn't have and then they call you stupid and stop responding. <45>

Just based on the timing, this is an incredibly transparent case of buthillarying. I agree that the tactic is flawed though. Appointing Mueller brings the chance of full exoneration for Trump because obviously, if you have nothing to hide, there is nothing to fear, right?
1. Of course not having something to hide doesn't mean you have nothing to fear. That's a bullshit line cops use to get naive college kids to let them search their cars. It makes no more sense here imo.
2. The timing does seem quite convenient, so I can see why you'd think it is Gowdy trying to put the heat on Hillary.
3. If Comey didn't indict Hillary, but the investigation goes deeper, why should anyone believe that Hillary is the target of the investigation Gowdy claims exists and is ongoing?
4. The tactic of baseless claims that nurture political anxiety and conspiracy theories is a two way street. The media has been going nuts about Russia for a long time now and there's simply nothing substantial yet. I think it is long since obvious that this is an attempt to smear Trump's administration as beyond redemption quite early, but the political cost is greater than our system can afford imo. Gowdy shouldn't pour gasoline on the fire these arsonists have set simply so their house will burn down too.

If Trump or HIllary committed a crime, they should investigate it thoroughly and bring charges. Until then, the behavior of our political elites, and I include left wing political leadership, Trey Gowdy, and much of the political media, has been shameful. Where's the fucking beef?

More like drunk driving.

Drunk driving can kill someone. Sending a small number of work emails from a non-work account cannot. It's an absurd comparison that you know you're only making because you think it's favorable to your political side. The election is over. You guys can stop pretending to care so much about email security. No one bought it from the beginning anyway.

Doesn't the bu bu but Obama/ Clinton get old?

Pathetic. That investigation is long since over.
Well, isn't the issue at hand Gowdy's claim that the investigation is not over and that indictments were not recommended in that case so as not to harm the still ongoing "deeper" investigation?

I don't have any reason to believe what he says, but it certainly brings the Hillary investigation back into play for the sake of this discussion.

One thing that never sat well with me about this particular investigation is the number of people granted immunity. It just made no sense given Comey's refusal to recommend indictment. If you aren't bringing charges, why do people need immunity. It'd be interesting in that grassy knoll kind of way if immunity was given for testimony about "deeper" crimes tangentially related.
82a6d0770aeaafbae8f26bf40a822b9b79a5c412.png

1. Of course not having something to hide doesn't mean you have nothing to fear. That's a bullshit line cops use to get naive college kids to let them search their cars. It makes no more sense here imo.
2. The timing does seem quite convenient, so I can see why you'd think it is Gowdy trying to put the heat on Hillary.
3. If Comey didn't indict Hillary, but the investigation goes deeper, why should anyone believe that Hillary is the target of the investigation Gowdy claims exists and is ongoing?

You've also been misled by the OP. Gowdy isn't trying to put any "heat" on Clinton. And he didn't say that the investigation goes deeper or that there's any ongoing investigation. He just said that Comey's reasons for calling a press conference and making the announcement himself--something he has been criticized for in the past--are not fully known by the public.

Last edited:
. Of course not having something to hide doesn't mean you have nothing to fear. That's a bullshit line cops use to get naive college kids to let them search their cars. It makes no more sense here imo.

I wasn't being serious there.

If Comey didn't indict Hillary, but the investigation goes deeper, why should anyone believe that Hillary is the target of the investigation Gowdy claims exists and is ongoing?

Not sure
If Trump or HIllary committed a crime, they should investigate it thoroughly and bring charges.

That is Mueller's job.

Drunk driving can kill someone. Sending a small number of work emails from a non-work account cannot.

So if we declassified everything classified there would be no danger in that? Sounds good to me. "National security" is such a bullshit concept.

Why do you think the government even has a system of classification? Just to protect their asses from the consequences of their shady dealings?

Now you're deflecting from the issue entitely. I prove you wrong so you call me stupid. And I'm surprised you've resorted to personal insults. I never had a personal issue with you before. But whatever. Typical lib. Errr that's right, you're not a lib. :rolleyes:
That's the problem: you didn't prove anything and in fact refused to.

^ Take notes, folks. That's how you know you've won an argument. When you provide the evidence they obviously thought you didn't have and then they call you stupid and stop responding. <45>
What did you provide? Show me the link.

She belongs in prison. It's amazing to watch Liberals discount confirmed National Security crimes she has committed and attack Trump for no confirmed crimes at all. It's a bizarre world they live in.
You have an interesting concept of confirmed. Do you think the sworn testimony of the head of the FBI that Trump interfered in a federal investigation of his own people is not as close to confirmed as anything those stupid emails ever turned up? I call that confirmed corruption.

Back