Congressman Trey Gowdy says Clinton investigation goes deeper than anyone knows

klnOmega

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Cliffs:
--While he doesn't agree with Comey's decision to not recommend indicting Hillary, after receiving classified intel, he understands why Comey did it.
--Said that Comey's primary goal was to give the American public confidence in the investigation. Says he can't say more because its classified.
--Host asks if he is suggesting that the are more entanglement between Justice department and Clinton than anyone understands. Gowdy responds "you are very perceptive".

In case it wasn't obvious before, Comey knew Hillary was caught with her hand in the cookie jar, but had his hands tied because he knew the DOJ was protecting her. If he had recommended to indict her, the whole thing would have become a shitslingingfest between the DOJ and Obama vs. the FBI and Congress. So Comey made the wrong decision, but the one he felt would best preserve the confidence of the people in our system.

The real question now is what is going to happen as this investigation goes forward under a new FBI. Are they going to look into Lynch's secret meeting with Bill Clinton aboard his jet? Did Obama direct the DOJ to block for Hillary? Its clear that we need a special prosecutor to go back over everything that was done and make sure it was all legal. I think anyone left or right can agree on that.

Hilarious how you deem anything criminal regarding trump to be "fake news" because he hasn't been impeached but when Hilary doesn't get indicted you don't want to call that "fake news" but claim that there's collusion between the DOJ and Obama to prevent Hilary from being prosecuted.

FOX News is the original fake news.

Also Gowdy sucks.

Gowdybot still running Clinton 16 software. We thought it was an upgrade over the Benghazi package, but the program is still getting caught in infinite loops.

Somebody's been drinking varnish again

She belongs in prison. It's amazing to watch Liberals discount confirmed National Security crimes she has committed and attack Trump for no confirmed crimes at all. It's a bizarre world they live in.

Hilarious how you deem anything criminal regarding trump to be "fake news" because he hasn't been impeached but when Hilary doesn't get indicted you don't want to call that "fake news" but claim that there's collusion between the DOJ and Obama to prevent Hilary from being prosecuted.

In addition to this, "hand in the cookie jar"? WTF? The allegation is that she wasn't careful enough with email security and risked getting hacked. How does that even apply?

She belongs in prison. It's amazing to watch Liberals discount confirmed National Security crimes she has committed and attack Trump for no confirmed crimes at all. It's a bizarre world they live in.

So an investigation turned up not even enough evidence to indict, much less convict, but she belongs in prison? We're not a banana republic that just throws the losing candidate in jail for the crime of going against the president.

I'm not claiming anything. I'm just reiterating what Gowdy said. Notice I'm not asking them to lock Hillary up tomorrow without evidence. All I'm doing is making people aware that a Congressman who has received classified intel is reporting that there is more to the story that we don't know yet.

Last edited:
Crooks, thieves and kooks on both sides. If they do burn Hillary I am seriously going to laugh a hearty belly laugh. If they burn Trump I'll do the same thing. Someone better start getting those POTUS Pence commemorative plates started...<45>

So many guns and crazies in the USA, I am surprised these corrupt politicians aren't shot more often.

I'm not claiming anything. I'm just reiterating what Gowdy said. Notice I'm not asking them to look Hillary up tomorrow without evidence. All I'm doing is making people aware that a Congressman who has received classified intel is reporting that there is more to the story that we don't know yet.
You're claiming plenty in your initial post. Nowhere in the video does Gowdy say "Comey knew Hillary was caught with her hand in the cookie jar, but had his hands tied because he knew the DOJ was protecting her. If he had recommended to indict her, the whole thing would have become a shitslingingfest between the DOJ and Obama vs. the FBI and Congress. So Comey made the wrong decision, but the one he felt would best preserve the confidence of the people in our system. " This is your interpretation of events based on nothing more than your own opinion. The only thing Gowdy said was that he couldn't go into details about it because it's confidential. He also said Comey made the right decisions whereas you say Comey made the wrong decision. So like I said, you're making claims without any facts to back them up.

Lol, what did gowdy find on benghazi again?

lost at it 'wasn't careful enough w/ email security'

excellent summation haha

You're claiming plenty in your initial post. Nowhere in the video does Gowdy say "Comey knew Hillary was caught with her hand in the cookie jar, but had his hands tied because he knew the DOJ was protecting her. If he had recommended to indict her, the whole thing would have become a shitslingingfest between the DOJ and Obama vs. the FBI and Congress. So Comey made the wrong decision, but the one he felt would best preserve the confidence of the people in our system. " This is your interpretation of events based on nothing more than your own opinion. The only thing Gowdy said was that he couldn't go into details about it because it's confidential. He also said Comey made the right decisions whereas you say Comey made the wrong decision. So like I said, you're making claims without any facts to back them up.

Whoa. Watched the vid (which I almost never do), and, yeah, the TS grossly misrepresented it. Gowdy is defending Comey's decision to publicly make the announcement himself without getting input from anyone else. The small portion that's about Clinton is only about Comey's messaging, and not about the findings of the investigation.

The thread title is also very misleading, if not an outright lie. It's not that the investigation goes deeper than anyone knows, it's that he's saying that there are good reasons which can't be made public why Comey held the press conference to announce it.

Whoa. Watched the vid (which I almost never do), and, yeah, the TS grossly misrepresented it. Gowdy is defending Comey's decision to publicly make the announcement himself without getting input from anyone else. The small portion that's about Clinton is only about Comey's messaging, and not about the findings of the investigation.
His biased interpretation is hilarious, just like denying he never made any claims regarding Hilary when he certainly did in his initial post. These Trumptards are hilarious with their biased agendas.

Really wish Gowdy had been given the position Sessions got. That would have made for interesting times.

He cleared Clinton, which should prove that he is unbiased and let the facts go where they go.

He cleared Clinton of any wrongdoing and then investigated six more times in a vain attempt to find something. Completely unethical. McCarthy also admitted that the purpose was political.

Back