Congressman to UFC, Bellator: "Move to a real league system"

What committees is this guy on?

Do they not let him vote on healthcare, tax issues, foreign policy, or the military?

UFC & MMA representatives should just stop swimming against the tide and accept MMA for what it is, nothing more than an entertainment

Its ridiculous to even try to argue against claims for rankings being illegitimate

This fucking shit right here. Lmao at how he said "I would like to make it clear that I'm not involved with who fights who..." It's like no one wants to stand there holding the TURD that ufc has become concerning all these new match ups based on Twitter and shit talking.

No you actually don't.

And if "we" fans have a say then we have already spoken. "We" want big fights with mcgregor, lesnar, rousey. So what would a "proper ranking system" have to do with big shows?
Well thats what the casual fans want unfortunately. Real fans want legitimacy.

If casual fans wanted a real ranking system they would adopt a better method. You have to listen to the consumer.

He's not talking about league play he's talking about employee status like NBA, NFL & MLB players have
"If the UFC or Bellator want to have their own ranking system and their own titles and have no one else fight for them, they need to move to a real “league” system. They need to make the fighters their employees. But if they want to continue operating like they do in boxing where the fighters are viewed as independent guys, then they should follow the same rules they do in boxing."

excatly. that congresman is a former MMA fighter and wants that fighters get fair share. yet morons here on sherdog are bashing him and obvioulsy want that the UFC keep pocketing all the money. it's mind bogling

UFC is about entertainment, if you want to watch a real sport with legit A-level athletes go watch football(soccer for americans). We can only dream to have an athlete of Cristiano Ronaldo's caliber in MMA lol
<DisgustingHHH>

He is right. How the fuck can the Houston Astros win a 'world series' when they didn't play against all the other teams in the world.

Well thats what the casual fans want unfortunately. Real fans want legitimacy.

If casual fans wanted a real ranking system they would adopt a better method. You have to listen to the consumer.
The casuals are masses and they are consumers. They are consumers just as much as you and there are more of them.

Again if "we" have a say, then we have already spoken. The casuals voices count more than yours.

You want it both ways.

UFC is a joke.

Whatever... I accepted that a long time ago.

I watch for the beat-downs and in the hopes of a good, competitive fight. Nothing else.

Two idiots talking to each other, in Mullin and Ratner. MMA is doomed with people like this making the decisions

No, you don't get it. The ppv business model is not the same as ad revenue-driven broadcast tv. Prizefighting exists through people ordering the fights.

I never said it was, did I? I said that Mullen's perspective is that the sport should be run more like a sport, especially if it's gonna bother with titles and ranking and such. If that means changing or adjusting the business model with how they operate, then so be it.

Not much for more regulations but...

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

If MMA fans had their way, Woodley would be stripped of the title just because they don't like him, and a black or brown fighter would probably never sniff a title shot again. Most of you don't give a flying fuck about anything meritorious. You actually like how it is, because most of the people getting fucked over are people you bigots usually dislike. There WILL be a change coming to the UFC. They can do it themselves, or they will be forced to. Just deal with the coming change.

Funny how you pricks talking about hating too much government are fine with militarized killing units gunning down unarmed citizens in the street. Fuck you and the bought with mafia money, money laundering, shady deal with WME UFC.

MMA fans always pretend to want legitimacy but then cry every time someone wants to implement it. Professional commenters? NOOOOOOOO, keep the stoner manchild and some goofball who probably calls his wife the wrong name daily! Merit-based ranking system? NOOOOOOOOO UFC should be able to do whatever they want!!

Fans would rather bitch and moan and revel in drama at fighters than have something actually done about it cause that would ruin the fun

So Boxing can have 4 world champions for every weight class

Often enough, never have those guys fight

"Super fights" happen years after the prime fight would have occured.

The "what about 1-3 instead of 4" argument is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard someone use to justify better rankings.

I hate the way the UFC operates but this wasnt the roast everyone wants it to be

If MMA fans had their way, Woodley would be stripped of the title just because they don't like him, and a black or brown fighter would probably never sniff a title shot again. Most of you don't give a flying fuck about anything meritorious. You actually like how it is, because most of the people getting fucked over are people you bigots usually dislike. There WILL be a change coming to the UFC. They can do it themselves, or they will be forced to. Just deal with the coming change.

Funny how you pricks talking about hating too much government are fine with militarized killing units gunning down unarmed citizens in the street. Fuck you and the bought with mafia money, money laundering, shady deal with WME UFC.

Dude you are so right. Everyone was so against Anderson when he was champ and same with jones! Everyone is racist! Stfu loser

mandatory title shots in boxing have existed forever not just in the last 20 years. If an organization ranks correctly and isn't corrupt which sadly they often are it makes for great fights.

Even nowadays look at the WBC top 10. The top 5 guys are rarely "no-name chumps". At worst they are no-name but very rarely are they chumps. They are only no-name for casuals as well. Same reason Jacare didn#t get a title shot because for most viewers aka casuals he is a "no-name chump"

1 .- Dillian Whyte (Jamaica/GB) SILVER
2 .- Dominic Breazeale (US)
3 .- Luis Ortiz (Cuba) * CBP
4 .- Andy Ruiz (Mexico)
5 .- Mariusz Wach (Poland)
6 .- Tony Bellew (GB)
7 .- Johann Duhaupas (France)
8 .- Charles Martin (US)
9 .- Oscar Rivas (Colombia/Canada) NABF
10 .- Agit Kabayel (Germany) EBU

Dillians Whyte is not great but far from a chump and he is certainly not no-name. In boxing the issue is that there are too many weight classes and organizations. Not the system. And you hear MMA fans also call for more weight classes like a CW division same with the UFC so it#s only a matter of time until it happens in MMA as well even the way it is now

You are most likely a causal boxing viewer that#s you call some fighters no-name but the way you look at boxing is the way most people look at MMW and guys like Jacare

Not trying to be disrespectful to the athletes but I have no idea who any of the gentleman you just listed are. There was a time where I can name every heavyweight in the top 20.
Although to be fair I stopped giving a damn about boxing when Lennox retired.

While I get what they’re saying, the people that had belts all got those belts by beating world champions. This guy pretty much said that all three of those titles that night, weren’t actual world titles. I’d like him to go up to tj or rose, or even gsp and tell them that they’re not world champions. Ya Bisping is a bitch but he ktfo rockhold to get that belt.

Told y'all rankings don't matter

But ya didn't believe me

Back