Congratulations to Stipe for the win, when everyone doubted him, including me.

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was one of those guys who thought Stipe had no chance. But he went in there and fought a very smart fight. Certainly not the prettiest win for him, and it's not without alot of stalling and a good dose of bike riding, but at the end of the day he got the W.

Ngannou looked super slow in there, his punches were ridiculously telegraphed. Stipe was basically just waiting to tire him out, and it's beyond me how Ngannou didn't realize that would be his game plan going into it.

At any rate, Stipe is a legit Heavyweight champ, and his "0 f*cks given" attitude towards Dana and the UFC is a breath of fresh air. Super respectful guy also, but humble. The silent, strong type.

Ngannou has alot of improving to do; it's very evident that he just started training for MMA. But he's a great prospect and he'll be back strong.

Hespect to both warriors.

Last edited:
"...when everyone doubted him"

What a way to downplay your lack of knowledge.

I doubted him too, didn't have anything against him, just the hype got to me. Good job to Stipe.

Honestly, I think the same casuals that say "Athlete X would be HW champion if he put down that pig skin and trained for 6 months." doubted Stipe.

No disrespect, TS, maybe you were an exception, and others as well, simply fell in the hype barrell. Nevertheless, I dream of a day when we'd all learn what an absurdity that is and we'd stop downplaying what it takes to reach the apex and stay there in this sport.

"...when everyone doubted him"

What a way to downplay your lack of knowledge.

Yeah, you knew all along, that Stipe was gonna CRUSH Ngannou didn't you bro.

If only we all had the foresight that you do
giphy.gif

I was one of those guys who thought Stipe had no chance. But he went in there and fought a very smart fight. Certainly not the prettiest win for him, and it's not without alot of stalling and a good dose of bike riding, but at the end of the day he got the W.

Ngannou looked super slow in there, his punch were ridiculously telegraphed. Stipe was basically just waiting to tire him out, and it's beyond me how Ngannou didn't realize that would be his game plan going into it.

At any rate, Stipe is a legit Heavyweight champ, and his "0 f*cks given" attitude towards Dana and the UFC is a breath of fresh air. Super respectful guy also, a humble hardworking dude.

Ngannou has alot of improving to do; it's very evident that he just started training for MMA. But he's a great prospect and he'll be back strong.

Hespect to both warriors.

As far as trolling effort goes, this was a poor one.

As a guy who always knew Stipe was going to win, I was shocked at the amount of people who thought Francis was going to catch him

Seeing your WAR WAGON thread lead into your complaint thread lead into your acceptance thread really makes me understand that you've experienced all of the stages of hype grief.

You've truly moved on, brother. I'm proud of you.

As a guy who always knew Stipe was going to win, I was shocked at the amount of people who thought Francis was going to catch him

You were shocked people thought he would catch him? I'm a huge Stipe fan , basically since the Nelson fight. But Stipe gets hit sometime a lot. And Noguanna has fuck you power.

Yeah, you knew all along, that Stipe was gonna CRUSH Ngannou didn't you bro.

If only we all had the foresight that you do

It is not the power of foresight that you lack, ignoramus, but rather the power of critical thinking...that and some fighting experience.

Instead of trying to equate your gullibility with my reasonable reservations, you should check my post history and see for yourself that I had predicted this one perfectly. It goes without saying that Francis' heavy hands and Stipe's occasional recklessness made me acknowledge the possibility of him losing by the way of knockout, but I distinctly said that Francis has nothing for Stipe provided the champ fights the way he fought agaisnt Hunt and Dos Santos first time around.

You were shocked people thought he would catch him? I'm a huge Stipe fan , basically since the Nelson fight. But Stipe gets hit sometime a lot. And Noguanna has fuck you power.
Yeah but he wasn't even close to Stipe in terms of skill, experience, being a proven fighter, etc....

Was way, way too early for Francis. Of course he could have pulled an upset (yes, an upset, despite what the odds said) but it wasn't very likely at all

Betting on Stipe at +125 was the best thing I did all year

It is not the power of foresight that you lack, ignoramus, but rather the power of critical thinking...that and some fighting experience.

Instead of trying to equate your gullibility with my reasonable reservations, you should check my post history and see for yourself that I had predicted this one perfectly. It goes without saying that Francis' heavy hands and Stipe's occasional recklessness made me acknowledge the possibility of him losing by the way of knockout, but I distinctly said that Francis has nothing for Stipe provided the champ fights the way he fought agaisnt Hunt and Dos Santos first time around.

You sound like you're trying really hard to sound intelligent, not sure why though lol. Don't be so insecure about my perception of you, I'm just a random dude on the internet lol.

Bottom line...if you thought Ngannou had no chance to win this fight, you're an absolute idiot with no MMA knowledge yourself.

Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?

Power is overrated.

Stipe in his entire career has always thrown short, accurate punches. He doesn’t wind up like a rookie like Ngannou.

Fundamentals > Power

It was super obvious that Stipe was going to win IMO. I might’ve made like 4-5 threads on my technical analysis of how Stipe was going to pick this dude apart but of course logic doesn’t work here on sherdog right? :)

But I’m not mad that nobody listened to my breakdowns because it gave me great betting odds on Stipe.

Power is overrated.

Stipe in his entire career has always thrown short, accurate punches. He doesn’t wind up like a rookie like Ngannou.

Fundamentals > Power

It was super obvious that Stipe was going to win IMO. I might’ve made like 4-5 threads on my technical analysis of how Stipe was going to pick this dude apart but of course logic doesn’t work here on sherdog right? :)

But I’m not mad that nobody listened to my breakdowns because it gave me great betting odds on Stipe.

If Francis learns to conserve himself and get up I don't want to see this rematch........

Back