Congratulations Justin Gatlin

Cadel Evans was second twice (by mere seconds) during the 2000s just after Pharmstrong retired, and before the UCI adopted testing that had teeth.

The damning thing during Pharmstrong's reign was that only one podium finisher in the TdF was not eventually sanctioned (Andreas Kloden) --- and he was on a doped team (telecom/T-mobile).

I don't think T-Mobile had organized team doping during kloden's tenure. I don't think he was clean though.

Zulle might have been clean in 1999. The peloton was scared after the 98 scandal and everything was dialed way back until Lance showed up doped to the gills. Zulle had legit talent. He was picked up by Festina after placing in A week long race clean. I think it was dauphin libre or Paris Nice. Lance's time gap on zulle was almost entirely the gap created by zulle' group getting stuck on a flooded bridge. Lance didn't blow him out really anywhere in the race.

Thomas Voeckler almost made the podium and probably was clean or in the least bit not on hard stuff. But he just snuck in so it is different.

Last edited:
I don't think T-Mobile had organized team doping during kloden's tenure. I don't think he was clean though.

Zulle might have been clean in 1999. The peloton was scared after the 98 scandal and everything was dialed way back until Lance showed up doped to the gills. Zulle had legit talent. He was picked up by Festina after placing in A week long race clean. I think it was dauphin libre or Paris Nice. Lance's time gap on zulle was almost entirely the gap created by zulle' group getting stuck on a flooded bridge. Lance didn't blow him out really anywhere in the race.

Thomas Voeckler almost made the podium and probably was clean or in the least bit not on hard stuff. But he just snuck in so it is different.

The Frieburg clinic fiasco ring a bell?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-german-doping-investigation-of-freiburg-doctors-ends/

Moncoutie finished in the top 10 and was clean by all accounts. Pinotti had solid results clean as well.

The only ones that don't dope are the ones that don't want victory as much

The only ones that don't dope are the ones that don't want victory as much

Sort of. The cyclist Cunego doped early in his career and then went clean. When questioned on his performance drop, his response was "I am satisfied in my performance and it is acceptable for what I am willing to answer for". Not even subtle. He still had respectable placings in one day classics but he couldn't allow his satisfaction be influenced by whether he won or lost.

It will be fucking absurd if Gatlin is on the next Olympic team at age 38. Gonna have to be using some undetectable super-strength PED's.

I just watched the 2004 final, I think Gatlin does look a bit bigger than his competition to be fair.

The weird thing about Gatlin is according to google he is listed at 6'1" 175.

He looks more like 200 pounds to me.

I remember Maurice Greene was 175 at 5' 9".

100m relays today, Bolt' s final race. USA finna take a dump on teh roid ridden rasta-men

I just watched the 2004 final, I think Gatlin does look a bit bigger than his competition to be fair.

The weird thing about Gatlin is according to google he is listed at 6'1" 175.

He looks more like 200 pounds to me.

I remember Maurice Greene was 175 at 5' 9".

He has to be as his central nervous system isn't as efficient as it once was, so he needs more muscular strength to compensate. The added factor of less test and metabolism allows him to put on more weight.

It will be fucking absurd if Gatlin is on the next Olympic team at age 38. Gonna have to be using some undetectable super-strength PED's.

Linford Christie was competing at the elite level until he was busted for Nandrolone at 39.

DAMN! We were so close to winning the 4x100 relay final. I thought we had it. If you have a minute you should watch it, facinating stuff Congrats to the UK.

Usain Bolt had the anchor leg for Jamaica, they were way behind and he pulled up injured. Saving face perhaps?

We are in very good shape for the next Olympics

Last edited:
LOL. Bolt bitching out knowing he was going to lose and flopping a fake injury to save face. US bums for not getting gold.

DAMN! We were so close to winning the 4x100 relay final. I thought we had it. If you have a minute you should watch it, facinating stuff Congrats to the UK.

Usain Bolt had the last leg for Jamaica, they were way behind and he pulled up injured. Saving face perhaps?

We are in very good shape for the next Olympics
Was wondering why Gatlin wasnt running anchor, but we wouldnt have that jump on Bolt at the end if he was. Entertaining to watch, future of sprinting will be interesting.

Gatlin's like T&F's Yoel Romero. Guy keeps taking medals, and he's still not done after transitioning to his freaking mid 30s. Awesome athlete.

Gatlin's like T&F's Yoel Romero. Guy keeps taking medals, and he's still not done after transitioning to his freaking mid 30s. Awesome athlete.

He also has an unorthodox sprinting style. He over strides which is a big no no as it increases ground contact time which is what really makes you slow. However Gatlin has so much elastic power that it doesn't really matter.

First, Karelin.
Now, Bolt.

Very rare for me to have my heart broken for non-American athletes.

First, Karelin.
Now, Bolt.

Very rare for me to have my heart broken for non-American athletes.

The reason your heart is broken is that these inevitable declines (LOL at declining to 9.8s for 100m) are a reminder of our own aging. I avoid facebook because I see pics of guys I used race with. Some of these guys are just busted.

THen there is Super Mario. Clearly giving no fucks about turning 50 or working with Dr. Ferrari.

B2GSdzvIUAAYPYh.jpg

Odd that you can be a "world champion" yet no one really gives a fuck,it's a paper crown..... Olympic Champion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>World Champion.

The reason your heart is broken is that these inevitable declines (LOL at declining to 9.8s for 100m) are a reminder of our own aging. I avoid facebook because I see pics of guys I used race with. Some of these guys are just busted.

THen there is Super Mario. Clearly giving no fucks about turning 50 or working with Dr. Ferrari.

B2GSdzvIUAAYPYh.jpg
Indeed, I think it has to do with an attachment to a belief that we can be more than what we are: mere mortals. There is that desire in us to see one become almost like a demigod, so dominant that he is perfect, unassailable, and when the myth is shattered, so too is our suspense of disbelief in reality.

Back