Pac-Man vs Broner January 19th Las Vegas. Showtime PPV

"The manager is in many respects the fighter's agent. He/she is supposed to represent the fighter's interests, handling the financial and contractual issues that the fighter can't handle himself.

The promoter stages commercial events, and as the name suggests, promotes them. They offer the fighter a fee on top of which they hope to make a profit. They will also attempt to sign boxers to multi-fight deals which both justify the initial outlay, and provides them with time to build the fighter's reputation.

The biggest problem arises when the promoter and the manager are the same person, or if they are very close. When you think about it, this can happen very easily. If the promoter or manager is very powerful, then maintaining a good relationship with them can be more beneficial than maintaining a good relationship with a fighter.

When this happens the manager is no longer representing the fighter's interests, but the interests of the promoter. That is how fighters get screwed.

The Ali Act was supposed to prevent this, but some people have found ways of circumventing it. Sometimes these people are known as 'advisers'."

I took this quote from Reddit to save me typing out the same thing. The Ali act was brought in to stop promoters also being managers for significant reasons, Al Haymon gets around it by saying he is an "Advisor" while acting as the promoter and the manager. He's a piece of shit just like anyone else in the boxing world who isn't a fighter or a referee.

I agree with you on the Ali act and the double hat that Haymon uses. My point was defending PBC boxing for being compared to don king. Don had always had issues with his fighters, Haymon guys are the opposite, they love him

I agree with you on the Ali act and the double hat that Haymon uses. My point was defending PBC boxing for being compared to don king. Don had always had issues with his fighters, Haymon guys are the opposite, they love him

Just remember this the view you see is the view Haymon wants to you to see. Being blackballed by Haymon would be a death sentence for your career because he controls the majority of the drawcards in world boxing. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 or 10 years when his influence is fading that the stories start coming out.

Just remember this the view you see is the view Haymon wants to you to see. Being blackballed by Haymon would be a death sentence for your career because he controls the majority of the drawcards in world boxing. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 or 10 years when his influence is fading that the stories start coming out.
We’ll just have to wait and see. But no indications so far

It's really not hard to see how conflicts of interest would arise (especially considering how much power Haymon has with different networks, promoters, managers, etc.) and I don't doubt that we're going to hear some fighters who were done wrong in the next number of years, but Haymon doesn't control majority of major cards in world boxing, and it would seem that he offers more to most fighters than a lot of other managers or promoters. From the outside looking in, it would seem that this might be a lesser evil type of deal, but then again, that's from the outside looking in.

It's really not hard to see how conflicts of interest would arise (especially considering how much power Haymon has with different networks, promoters, managers, etc.) and I don't doubt that we're going to hear some fighters who were done wrong in the next number of years, but Haymon doesn't control majority of major cards in world boxing, and it would seem that he offers more to most fighters than a lot of other managers or promoters. From the outside looking in, it would seem that this might be a lesser evil type of deal, but then again, that's from the outside looking in.

I'm certainly not saying I am 100% right and an authority on the matter, this is just my point of view, having been involved in boxing nearly my entire life I've learned that anyone who isn't a fighter or a referee is simply a shark wanting to see what they can get.
The biggest mistake people make is thinking that promoters are there for the fighters. No promoters are there for themselves. Managers are there to maximize the money the fighter makes so that they can maximize the money they make. A promoter manager, holds all the cards to make money for themselves. Yes the fighters get paid but I can't see how a promoter manager can be looking out for anyone but themselves.

EDDIE HEARN AND DAZN RUN US BOXING!

In fact they run WORLD BOXING.

Broner isn’t in jail for some sort of Fuckery?

Honestly, that dude needs to stop taking shots to the dome, he’s a Crime in Sports episode in the making.

https://www.spin.ph/boxing/source-p...-signing-with-floyd-pal-haymon-a2244-20181007

Almost 800 days since his last appearance on U.S, soil, the legendary Manny Pacquiao will bring back the show to Las Vegas where he will defend his WBA welterweight title against Adrian Broner.

According to a SPIN.ph source, an unimpeachable member of the Filipino senator's inner circle, the fight is penciled for the second week of January. If Pacquiao hurdles the talented but oft-troubled Broner, it will pave the way for a Pacquiao-Mayweather rematch in May 2019.

The Pacquiao-Broner title tiff will be co-promoted by MP Promotions and Floyd Mayweather Promotions.

I'm cool with it. Everyone knows that there is no true boxing title picture value to the fight, but a fun one nonetheless. Pac swarms him; Broner trys to lazily fight off the ropes without throwing for 6 rounds. Broner then gets his head in the game and outboxes pac over the second half of the fight but loses a decision....I'm in.

Broner beats him, 4th round KO

Negative, sir. Mayweather/Pac 2 is on the way.

but what the fuck do I know? I was sure Canelo was fighting Lemieux. Instead he’s going to 168 to fight Sally Field.

seriously though I don’t see it. Broner is a spoiler at best. His head is all fucked up and he wasted his prime. I don’t know what he can do anymore. I hope he doesn’t win - he’ll just waste it and doesn’t deserve a Floyd payday anyway.

Last edited:
What if Adrian broner is the one that takes the 0 of a fossilized version of mayweather.

I'm excited for Pac/Broner and Broner/Floyd. Make it happen Al!

Back