Pac-Man vs Broner January 19th Las Vegas. Showtime PPV

Word is going around Mayweather is in talks to fight Broner. If Pacquiao is signing with Haymon though, that means the Mayweather rematch is certainly happening.

According to the article. It is a 2 fight deal and the winner of Pac/Broner faces Mayweather later in 2019’

Top Rank wasn't doing Manny any favors in the U.S. market. Manny will draw huge #'s on Showtime. Who doesn't want to see Broner get punched by Pacquiao?

what weight? 147 or 140?

i wouldn't count broner out at 140.

edit: just saw it's at welterweight. meh, manny likely mows him down, even now.

Broner? Talk about living off of your name...he is low hanging fruit these days, meanwhile Mayweather becomes ancient.

I like this idea. I felt like Pac should have faced Broner after the Floyd fight to save face. He would have laid a bearing on him then, but he still can now.

This is a good way to restart the build to May-Pac 2.

Even though Broner will be more competitive I wanted to see Pac KO Khan. At the same time watching him get passed over by both Pac and Floyd so many times is pretty amusing in it's own way.

Haymon seems like a Rasputin character to me. But fighters keep talking about him like he's a genius philanthropist or something.

Haymon seems like a Rasputin character to me. But fighters keep talking about him like he's a genius philanthropist or something.

Al Haymon is simply a pimp, he flouts the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform rules and basically just exploits everything that he can. He is no better than Don King.
He does exactly what Pacquiao's original manager Rod Nazario did.

Even though Broner will be more competitive I wanted to see Pac KO Khan. At the same time watching him get passed over by both Pac and Floyd so many times is pretty amusing in it's own way.
He still got the Canelo showdown, so he didn't get totally put out of the picture.

Al Haymon is simply a pimp, he flouts the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform rules and basically just exploits everything that he can. He is no better than Don King.
He does exactly what Pacquiao's original manager Rod Nazario did.

He pays his fighters very well. If not why don’t they jump ship??? His stable is very loyal!!! Not even the billion dollar deal of Hearn has make them leave. Plus with new showtime and fox deals looks even less likely

He pays his fighters very well. If not why don’t they jump ship??? His stable is very loyal!!! Not even the billion dollar deal of Hearn has make them leave. Plus with new showtime and fox deals looks even less likely

"The manager is in many respects the fighter's agent. He/she is supposed to represent the fighter's interests, handling the financial and contractual issues that the fighter can't handle himself.

The promoter stages commercial events, and as the name suggests, promotes them. They offer the fighter a fee on top of which they hope to make a profit. They will also attempt to sign boxers to multi-fight deals which both justify the initial outlay, and provides them with time to build the fighter's reputation.

The biggest problem arises when the promoter and the manager are the same person, or if they are very close. When you think about it, this can happen very easily. If the promoter or manager is very powerful, then maintaining a good relationship with them can be more beneficial than maintaining a good relationship with a fighter.

When this happens the manager is no longer representing the fighter's interests, but the interests of the promoter. That is how fighters get screwed.

The Ali Act was supposed to prevent this, but some people have found ways of circumventing it. Sometimes these people are known as 'advisers'."

I took this quote from Reddit to save me typing out the same thing. The Ali act was brought in to stop promoters also being managers for significant reasons, Al Haymon gets around it by saying he is an "Advisor" while acting as the promoter and the manager. He's a piece of shit just like anyone else in the boxing world who isn't a fighter or a referee.

Word is going around Mayweather is in talks to fight Broner. If Pacquiao is signing with Haymon though, that means the Mayweather rematch is certainly happening.

I'd watch Mayweather v Broner.

Back