Confirmed: Khabib ducked Ferguson to wait for McGregor fight (UPDATE)

I missed in the post the confirmation. Also fighting the champ instead can never be ducking.
It is to sensitive Tony fans that get their hearts broken every time a fight with Khabib gets cancelled

Fucked up his championship fight by being unprofessional & cost him, his opponent & UFC a lot of money & then acts like he is owed something after.
How can anybody stick up for him?

Khabib missed weight and pulled out, he doesn't deserve McGregor or a title shot.

Fuck Khabib, but especially fuck his shitty-ass manager.

Khabib wouldnt beable to bully Tony like he does everyone else, and these grappling exchanges and constant defending as Tony pushes forward would fatigue him quicker then usual... then he'd end up being on a 1 way ticket to snap down city and strangled , he knows this, he doesn't want any part of El Cucuy

Ahh he clearly says he ducked to fight Conor.

So how is he not saying that when it's what he said?

He's not been given a fight with Conor. What the thread said is irrelevant. Although given his track record I doubt he was even considered for the fight, but if he was he's "ducking" a chance to earn a title shot (because lets face it, right now he doesn't), on the basis that he's hoping he'll be granted one after fighting 0 top 5 fighters in the last 3(ish) years, and already pulled out of more than 1 fight with the other guy that is currently in consideration, and being one of the least reliable guys currently fighting on the roster.

I feel like that was a dumb move by Khabibs team. But who knows, u never know now with the new ufc owners. Also ,indeed, what if kabib just wasn't ready health wise. We dont have all facts.
Good gor Tony though , to finally fight and prove he can become the champ and face Conor and everyone can move on.

I am not arguing so much that Khabib is next in line.

I am taking issue with what many shertards define as 'ducking'.

Again using the Weidman example, the UFC was trying to set up a title fight between him and Anderson which Anderson was trying to avoid. Vitor strategically started calling Weidman out for a fight and Weidman said 'no, I am waiting to try and get the fight with Anderson'.

Shertards began saying Weidman was 'ducking' because he did not want to take the risk of fighting Vitor and potentially losing and then losing his title shot.

It is absolutely true that fighting Vitor first would be a big risk. It is absolutely true that to Weidman would not take that fight first to avoid that risk. It is absolutely false that is 'ducking' in any regard.

If a fighter believes he is next in line for a title shot and is trying to get that fight and negotiating to get that fight then that fight SHOULD NOT accept other challenger fights and they are not ducking if they do not. No one should accept another contender elimination match in the midst of negotiating for a title shot.
Ok yep we completely agree on what you're saying.

What I'm saying is that Khabib has no claim to the next TS except in his own mind and he's trying to get that TS by jumping the line--i.e. without having to defeat the #1 contender, who IMO he is ducking.

Here's my opinion

Neither Khabib or Tony has to fight eachother or someone else to get a shot at McGregor

They've done enough

Tony vs Khabib was supposed to be a contender eliminator match for McGregor just like Aldo vs Franky
Alright, so I had a feeling the Tony vs. Khabib fight wasn't going to happen... and guess what I was right!! Ferguson vs. Lee for the interim title???????<{vega}> like WTF are you for real?? I'm sorry but that makes absolutely no sense. First of all I feel like you should have to AT LEAST beat somebody in the top 5 to get a title shot! The only significant fighter Lee has beat is CHIESA!!! And now this makes the Gaethje vs. Alvarez fight pretty meaningless because the winner most likely won't get a title shot because who the hell knows when Conor will return right? And both Khabib and Diaz want to fight Conor next.

Honestly I think the UFC will set up a McGregor vs. Diaz trilogy fight because that's the biggest $ fight. So that means the winner of Ferguson/Lee will fight the winner of Gaethje/Alvarez I guess?? The only other contender would be Barboza but he's still recovering from his injury but I heard rumors they'll match him up against Khabib just to keep Khabib active. But you see what the problem now is now... there are way too many worthy contenders that aren't getting their due by getting a chance at the title all because Conor is away.

Khabib is a stiff pussy, hope colon ko's him in 13 seconds.

mallard-male-standing.adapt.945.1.jpg

1371597326801.jpeg

Respect to Kevin Lee for taking the fight

Honestly, good. Fuck him fighting tony, but honestly, to hell with khabib waiting for anyone. He can just go away.

In the meantime, match up tony with someone while conor wastes all of our time. please.

If this fight were to happen then I would legitimately cheer for Conor to knock Khabib out with all the whiny bullshit that he has pulled.

Back