Confessions Of An Omnivore

Deltron 3030

Posing for Balls Models
Reaction score
I'm starting this diet log to keep my ass in line. Perhaps posting what I eat on a daily basis will guilt me into a more disciplined diet.

Stats:
Height: 5'11
Weight: 195 (before the holidays, I was down to 187.)
Bf: between 12 and 14%

Current goals are to get leaner and stronger.

1/4/10

Breakfast: Protein shake with water, half a banana, half a cup of blueberries and a table spoon of peanut butter. Supplements: 2 gnc multi, 2 fish oil caps, 1 vit D, and 5g of creatine.

Lunch: 7 oz of chipotle lime encrusted flank steak on a bed of spinach w/evoo and acv drizzled on top, sauteed tomatoes & zucchini, a diet dr. pepper and a cup of green tea. Supps: two fish oil caps.

Dinner: 8 oz of ground turkey, half a cup of black beans, a big pinch of shredded cheese, salsa fresca, a dollop of guacamole -- all on a bed of spinach.

Snack: Protein shake with casein protein, a table spoon of peanut butter and water.

1/5/10

Breakfast: Protein shake with water, half a banana, half a cup of blueberries and a table spoon of peanut butter. Supplements: 2 gnc multi, 2 fish oil caps, 1 vit D, and 5g of creatine.

Lunch: 1 cup of beef chili, 8 oz of pan seared chicken marsala, grilled asparagus with fennel and spinach. 1 diet dr pepper and 1 cup of green tea. supps: 2 fish oil caps.

Dinner: Got a call from a friend telling me he quit his job and is moving to Italy so we agreed to go out and celebrate. We went to a local bar where I had 8 to 10 pints of Guinness and some grilled chicken nachos.

Snack: protein shake with table spoon of peanut butter and water.

1/6/10

Breakfast: The company had its monthly breakfast which consisted of eggs, bacon and various fruit. I also had an iced coffee, green tea, one fish oil cap, two gnc multi and 1 vit D.

Lunch: 8 oz of Pistachio encrusted scrod with a citrus glaze, hard cider glazed local beets, and a small salad of spinach, asparagus, cucumber, blue cheese crumbles with evoo and acv drizzled on top. One diet dr. pepper, one cup of green tea, and one fish oil cap.

Dinner: Baked chicken breast, two cups of broccoli, black beans with a pinch of shredded cheddar. One diet dr. pepper and a cup of green tea.

Snack: protein shake with table spoon of peanut butter and water.

1/7/10

Breakfast: Omelet with ham, cheese, bell peppers, mushroom and spinach. One iced coffee and a cup of green tea. Supps: 1 fish oil cap, 2 gnc multi, 1 vit D.

Lunch: We had a "NY Deli style bar set up -- I made a modified salad since I don't really eat grains unless its a cheat meal. Several ounces of London broil and a couple ounces of pastrami on top of a bed of spinach, banana peppers, pickled onions, black beans, blue cheese crumbles and cucumbers and evoo and acv drizzled over the top. One fish oil cap. One diet dr. pepper (i know its a vice I need to kick) and one cup of green tea.

Post-work bar trip: So, I'm flying to Las Vegas tomorrow and my buddy from work thought it would be a good idea to get my liver warmed up. I had 5 pints of Guinness.

Dinner: 8 oz of turkey meatloaf (I also used two table spoons of dijon mustard), a cup of peas and green beens. One diet dr. pepper and one cup of green tea.

Everything in here sounds incredible. Do you make your own food?
Ha! No. The only thing that i can take credit for are the shakes. :redface: The firm I work at has a catered lunch everyday -- hence the more involved dishes and my wife cooks the dinners.

Some of the food you eat I have never heard of. But definitely sounds healthy hahaha. Wish I could eat like that. Are you training in any martial arts?

I used to train MT at Sityodtong and BJJ at Boston BJJ, but since I started my current job, I only lift.

1/8/10

traveling today, which means airport food.
Breakfast: omelet with sausage, tomatoes, and cheddar. One iced coffee.
Had some time to kill in ny so I had 3 pints of beer (my diet is out the window
for the next few days)

Lunch: blt salad: 3 slices of bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, over romaine lettuce
with oil and vin on top.

1/11/10

Breakfast: Omelet: ham, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers and onions. One iced coffee, 1 fish oil cap, 1 gnc multi and 1 vit. D.

Lunch: Chipotle burrito bowl: chicken, black beans, lettuce, bell peppers, onions, cheese, salsa and guacamole.

1/15/10
Morning weight: 194

Breakfast: Protein shake with blueberries and 1 table spoon of peanut butter. 2 gnc multi, 2 fish oil caps and 1 vit D.

Lunch: Chipotle salad: carnitas, black beans, bell peppers, onions, salsa fesca, guacamole, cheese and lettuce.

Early birthday dinner: Arancini, Grilled veal chop, roasted potatoes, spinach, 1 chocolate souffle. Several beers and a glass of wine.

1/16/10

Breakfast: Protein shake with blueberries, banana and peanut butter. 2 fish oil caps, 2 gnc multi and 1 vit d.

Lunch: Hibachi steak with shitaki mushrooms, sprouts, grilled onions, black beans and broccoli. 2 Sams Winter Ales.

Dinner: 5 slices of double pepperoni pizza and a six pack of Carlsberg.

1/17/10

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spinach, cheddar cheese, and salsa fresca. Three slices of bacon. 1 cup of green tea and 1 iced coffee. 2 gnc mutl, 2 fish oil caps and 1 vit D.

Lunch: 8 oz of turkey meatloaf, black beans with shredded cheddar and broccoli. 1 fish oil cap. One cup of green tea and one diet dr. pepper.

Snack: 1 strip of beef jerky.

Dinner: 8 oz of salmon, black beans and broccoli. 1 cup of green tea and 1 dr. pepper.

Dessert: crepe with nutella, peanut butter, sliced banana and whipped cream.

1/18/10

I decided to weigh myself at the gym today to see what damage I had done over my vacation. I zeroed the scale out and then stepped on -- weighed in at 188. I asked the manager if the scale was reading accurately -- he hemmed and hawed through an explanation that was not completely satisfying.

Today is my birthday so my diet will be somewhat off.

Breakfast: Protein shake with half a banana, half a cup of blueberries, 1 table spoon of peanut butter and water. 1 iced coffee.

Lunch: Snacked on a bunch of cool ranch Doritos before my spinach and chicken salad with black beans, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa fresca and a dollop of guacamole. 2 fish oil caps, 2 gnc muli and 1 vit D. 1 diet dr. pepper.

Snack: Several Triscuits w/ cheddar cheese.

Dinner: Two grass fed beef burgers w/ cheddar, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, spicy mustard and ketchup. 1 diet dr. pepper.

Dessert: One huge slice of birthday cake: Yellow cake with chocolate buttercream icing and a glass of milk. 1 cup of green tea.

1/19/10

Breakfast: Protein shake with blueberries, half a banana and a table spoon of peanut butter. Supps: 2 gnc multi, 2 fish caps, 1 vit. D. 1 cup of green tea with 5 g of creatine.

Lunch: Some friends from work took me out for my b-day. Steak salad with blue cheese crumbles, onions, beets, cucumbers and grape tomatoes with oil and vinegar. 3 pints of Guinness and 1 green tea.

Had some post-work drinks with a friend: 3 pints of Guinness.

Dinner: Grilled chicken, black beans and peas with onions. 1 green tea and 1 diet dr. pepper.

Snack: Protein shake with a table spoon of peanut butter and water.

1/20/10

Breakfast: Protein shake with blueberries, half a banana, greens powder and a table spoon of peanut butter. Supps: 2 gnc multi, 2 fish caps, 1 vit. D. 1 cup of green tea with 5 g of creatine.

Lunch: Greek salad: Grilled chicken, feta cheese, olives, cucumber, and grape tomatoes -- topped with evoo and acv. 1 green tea and 1 diet dr. pepper.

Post-work drinks with friends: several Guinness and two angry Arnold Palmers.

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast, black beans and broccoli. 1 green tea.

1/21/10

Breakfast: Protein shake with blueberries, half a banana, greens powder and a table spoon of peanut butter. Supps: 2 gnc multi, 2 fish caps, 1 vit. D. 1 cup of green tea with 5 g of creatine.

Lunch: Business lunch at Ruth Chris's steakhouse -- petite Fillet Mignon with steamed asparagus. Several Stella Artois and one green tea.

Post-work drinks: several pints of Guinness.

Dinner: cheat meal -- 2/3 of a large pepperoni pizza from the Upper Crust. 4 chocolate chip cookies. One cup of green tea and one diet dr. pepper.

1/22/10

Breakfast: Omelet with ham, American cheese, onions, peppers, spinach and tomatoes. One iced coffee and one green tea. Supps: 2 gnc multi, 2 fish oil caps and 1 vit D.

Lunch: Chicken and escarole soup. Beef with pineapple salsa on top of a bed of spinach, black beans and broccoli -- topped with evoo and acv. 1 cup of green tea with 5g of creatine.

Post work drinks: 4 Stella Artois.

Dinner: Pesto chicken with black beans and green beans.

Snack: 3 chocolate chip cookies.

1/23/10

I ate like an asshole from the hours of 2 - 9 pm due to a party.

1 small cheeseburger, 1 slice of cheese pizza, 3 hot dogs, several bites of cake, loads of chips and popcorn. Several cups of diet coke and 5 beers.

Weighed in this morning at 194

Lunch: Chipotle salad: carnitas, black beans, bell peppers, onions, salsa fesca, guacamole, cheese and lettuce.

Snack: 1 cup of greek yogurt and 2 cookies.
- ate a handful of pistachios waiting for dinner

Dinner: 8 to 10 ozs of Turkey meatloaf, black beans with shredded cheddar and peas. 1 diet dr. pepper and 1 cup of green tea.

Snack: Protein shake with a table spoon of peanut butter and water.

Back