Confession time: which were your lowlights as a fan?

I got to stay that my biggest blown prediction was probably either that Brock was going to wrestle fuck Overeem or that there was no way in hell that Wand was going to lose to Leben.

Low point? Watching Silva's streak of wars against Rampage, Hunt, followed up by Wandy getting brutally knocked out twice and losing vs Liddell. Silva had just been KOd by CC, Hendo, and had just fought a HW on short notice. I remember thinking that fight would have gone much differently if Wand hadn't just put himself through the meat grinder. I'd say it was the low point, but watching him lose to Page and Leben made me realize I am probably part of the reason this dude is going to have traumatic CTE and be Muhammed Ali (RIP) level of disabled in his 50s.

Anderson/Weidman 1.

After Anderson weathered the storm in the 1st round, all I could think was "Here we go. He's got this now" especially after defending Weidman's takedowns. He just kept clowning and clowning, all I remember was saying "he needs to stop fucking around and finish the fight". Hell, I was even laughing a bit during the clowning until boom. At a complete loss for words.

Penn's last (I don't even know how many) fights

Anderson/Weidman 1.

After Anderson weathered the storm in the 1st round, all I could think was "Here we go. He's got this now" especially after defending Weidman's takedowns. He just kept clowning and clowning, all I remember was saying "he needs to stop fucking around and finish the fight". Hell, I was even laughing a bit during the clowning until boom. At a complete loss for words.
My buddy goes -- "dude this is lame, you know Silva's just gonna KO him"

Me (remembering Weidman vs Uriah Hall) -- "I dunno man, Weidman could just clock him with a big ... LEFT HOOK (Silva goes down)"

Both those fights just had an incomplete, unsatisfying feel to them.

Coming from Pride it was always painful watching my fav fighters throw down because you knew someone would nearly die...

Wand / CroCop
Wand / Hendo
Wand / Rampage
Wand / Chuck
Fedor / Hendo
Anderson / Hendo
Hendo / Rampage
Fedor / CroCop

... plus way more.

My buddy goes -- "dude this is lame, you know Silva's just gonna KO him"

Me (remembering Weidman vs Uriah Hall) -- "I dunno man, Weidman could just clock him with a big ... LEFT HOOK (Silva goes down)"

Both those fights just had an incomplete, unsatisfying feel to them.
They really did. I kinda feel bad for Weidman because there is legitimately a large crowd of people that think they were extremely flukish.

Devastated:

Crocop/Gonzaga 1 was MMA's 9/11. Thank god for Crocop/Gonzaga 2, that was like the Ground Zero memorial being erected, giving me closure & letting me move on with my life

Awful Prediction:

When Vinny Magalhaes first came on the MMA scene, I thought he was gonna be a LHW Maia.

Yeah... that didn't quite happen

Literally took the words out of my mouth. I remember where I was when Crocop V Gonzaga 1 happened.

Never forget

Jones getting a dui.
Second place to judges somehow giving condit the win over Diaz.

Fedor vs Bigfoot sucked big time.

Especially how it ended. Fedor wanted to keep fighting.. And his face was totally fucked.. But I still wish they let it continue. I think he would have found a way to win in the third

Shogun Machida. I felt sick

When Sherdog let white belts start making threads.

I thought Shogun would beat Jones.....I recall after Evens pulled out i was happy Shgoun was getting a easier fight. Didnt quite work out that well

Saddest moment for me was seeing Rory go down in the second Lawler fight. What was it, like 2 minutes and he would have won the decision?

Most devastated: Chuck/Rashad

Worst prediction: There's been plenty, but I guess I'll go with the fact that I thought Forrest/Anderson was going to be pretty competitive, but I thought Forrest was going to use his size to bully Anderson and make it an ugly fight. I never thought in a million years that Forrest would actually stand in the middle of the cage and exchange at Anderson's range.

I was probably most pissed when Leben beat Wanderlei Silva.

Not only because I like Wandy and kinda dislike Leben, but because I really thought Wanderlei would demolish him.

I was fan of pride fc but still watched few tuf episodes, no shower will help me

The rise and fall of the Smashing Machine. I thought Kerr was a god and would own Pride. Then I found out about is drug-roid problem. And he was never the same.

Back