Confession time: which were your lowlights as a fan?

sirmorbach

These violent delights have violent ends
@Black
Reaction score
This thread is meant for us to share the times in which we were devastated as fans... but not only that. Also, our absolute worst predictions, fighters that we were wrong about, terrible bets, and so on.

I'll start with two of mine: first, Myles Jury. I can recall watching him and being all like "Jesus Christ, this guy is awesome, he will dominate the division!". Boy, I was wrong.

My absolute lowlight, however, was UFC 148 -- both because my prediction was so very wrong and because, as a Chael fan, I was absolutely devastated.

Not only I was 100% convinced that Chael Sonnen would beat the shit out of Anderson, I was already making fun in advance of every single Anderson fan I knew. Turns out I was more than wrong, and what happed is that it looked like my mobile would explode after the fight, because everyone was calling me to either take the piss at me or to tell me to fuck off. Well, I had it coming, but it was devastating nonetheless.

Ok, lads. Time to confess. What do you say?

I wasn't surprised but I was bummed when Anderson lost to Weidman. It had been coming for a long time, a fighter can only rely on speed, reflexes, and a tough chin for so long before father time takes them out.

Was never a fan of Stipe or Cody so their championship wins surprised me as well.

Devastated:

Crocop/Gonzaga 1 was MMA's 9/11. Thank god for Crocop/Gonzaga 2, that was like the Ground Zero memorial being erected, giving me closure & letting me move on with my life

Awful Prediction:

When Vinny Magalhaes first came on the MMA scene, I thought he was gonna be a LHW Maia.

Yeah... that didn't quite happen

When Vinny Magalhaes first came on the MMA scene, I thought he was gonna be a LHW Maia.

Haha damn, I forgot that one. I made this exact same shitty prediction. I feel ya, mate.

Jones hit and run. I was just like c'mon Jon. And have said that again about 3 times since.

I thought Conor was going to absolutely MAUL Diaz in their first fight. Thought Ronda would do the same to Holly.

Was happy to be wrong in both though tbh.

Crocop getting KOd in the UFC (all).

Shogun tapping to strikes against Jones.

Jones-Shogun = Stayed away from MMA for a whole week, still traumatized till today :)
Chael-Shogun = Turned off the TV and went for a long walk on the streets of Rio de Janeiro at 3am, alone.

When fighters run away.
17120_carlos_condit_running_from_nick_diaz.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

fingers.gif

CsDA1NfUAAAZJNw-768x442.jpg

Last edited:
My low point as a fan came when I got caught masturbating during the Crocop/Pat Barry fight.

I guess I shouldn't have watched that fight in a bar. My bad.

Wanderlei getting overzealous and trying to thai plum Leben too early in their fight...then not letting go as he was fed punch after punch to the chin.

Aldo/Conor, was at my gym with all my training partners, everyone watching but chatting and joking as the event was playing out, soon as it happened I just walked off and left too devastated to say anything to anyone lol.

Also Gomi's decline was a slow and painful experience that just kept getting worse, sigh.

Devastated: the fall of Once Ever

Wrong about a fighter: my Boyfriend Silva, he was quite good for a while but never reached the very top like I thought he could

Jones-Shogun = Stayed away from MMA for a whole week, still traumatized till today :)
Chael-Shogun = Turned off the TV and went for a long walk on the streets of Rio de Janeiro at 3am, alone.

Shogun vs Sonnen was a soul crushing loss... and I haven't even watched it. I don't remember what I was doing that night, but I had to miss the event. I remember reading about the loss online not too long after it happened. I too stayed well away from MMA for a while after that. It still disappoints me to think about it, and I just won't/can't watch it to this day.
Shogun vs Machida 1. I was so stoked that Shogun fought so well that fight, and was really happy that he was going to capture UFC gold. Then when the decision was read... did not see that coming.

Shogun vs Sonnen was a soul crushing loss... and I haven't even watched it. I don't remember what I was doing that night, but I had to miss the event. I remember reading about the loss online not too long after it happened. I too stayed well away from MMA for a while after that. It still disappoints me to think about it, and I just won't/can't watch it to this day.
Shogun vs Machida 1. I was so stoked that Shogun fought so well that fight, and was really happy that he was going to capture UFC gold. Then when the decision was read... did not see that coming.
Yeah... I watched every Shogun fight, even the most Soul crushing losses, a thousand times... it takes the pain away :) Cheers, brother!

Was sure Pettis was going to finish RDA.

Thought Brock was gonna handle Cain.

Thought Weidman was gonna handle Rockhold.

<6>

Back