Condit opens up on loss to Oliveira

I fucking love this guy. I still wanna see him fight Matt Brown. Would be a treat

He looked better than his two previous fights, but his chin is gone....that Lawler fight ruined both of them. I don't think he's done....

He's been really unlucky, to be honest. Yes, he is past his prime, but I also think he was robbed against Lawler, and that he was handily winning against Oliveira, and could win that fight in a rematch.

Alas, his takedown defense is still atrocious...

He lost better than his last few fights, I dunno. Think he can pull an Arlovski?

He either needs to retire or fight someone with no ground game. He's always been weak to takedowns but his overall ground game has been garbage recently. Also this seems to confirm he went out.

That makes him 1/1000 for the night then.
If you listened to this on the radio you would have thought Israel had amputated Vitorri's leg below the knee.
Yeah, Cruz is a complete joke. I really don't understand all the people on here who love his "analysis."

Damn, just realized Condit is 2-7 in his last 9 fights...

Some of them are due to freak injury or split decision, but and It's not like he's ever been KO'd, but man, I gotta ask: is it time for him to retire?

Yeah, Cruz is a complete joke. I really don't understand all the people on here who love his "analysis."
I was talking about DC. I love Cruz’s analysis but he has to have the right guy in the booth with him. Dc is the worst.

he should fight below top 10, I dont like to see true warriors ending their careers by feeding themselves to younger fighters from an improved generation

I fucking love that dude. He is one of the greats in my mind. He is everything i want to see when watching fights. One of the GOAT finishers in mma. If the UFC tries to low ball him after loosing 4 in a row i hope he goes to Rizin. Imagine Condit having stomps and soccer kicks to use once again.. also he is past his prime but he could easily be the big fish there and japanese crowd would quickly rally behind him. Maybe Rizin could make a ww tournament for him or offer him couple of kickboxing fights also. Endless possibilities for him there

I love Condit and am thankful for all he brought to the cage. If it is his time to retire then I wish him all the best. He owes the mma world nothing. True warrior.

One thing he still has going is his chin is still intact and if he retires will be one of the few, if any, greats to leave without having his chin cracked.

Always been a fan. Thank you Carlos.

He's been really unlucky, to be honest. Yes, he is past his prime, but I also think he was robbed against Lawler, and that he was handily winning against Oliveira, and could win that fight in a rematch.

Alas, his takedown defense is still atrocious...

Cowboy O would beat Condit again imo

Much respect , aLways been a fan..whatever you decide, you are supported....

Well that answers the question of who was correct between DC and Cruz.

He flat out says he went out.

Condit will always be a legend of the sport, but it's time for him to hang em up.

He needs to fight matt brown in a elbow war for the ages, then they both can retire and everyone will be happy.

yrRNOvU.gif

We will miss you when you're gone, Condit.
Perfect gif. I cried manly tears when he lost to Lawler (but he won, he did!) and again with his loses since. Great career and a top bloke.

In fighting, it's all about fight years. Not age. He's been in the game 7 years longer than DC (For example). One you pass a decade of fighting (And he's long past a decade) - You're always going to struggle.

Fucking warrior, always a fan of this dude win or lose, he gave us some amazing fights over the years. Whether or not he decides to call it quits, nothing but respect for this dude.

WAR NBK

Pussy.

Just joking! Condit is and has always been a warrior. He’s also super intelligent. I could imagine him being an excellent pundit- he’s so lucid and coherent when he talks about the fight game. And his ‘spinning shit’ post Diaz fight moment has entered the pantheon of classic UFC moments.

Back