Condit KO'd a Spec Ops guy?

So is a Spec Ops guy comparable to a Marine or Navy Seal in combat situations? That dude was way bigger than Condit, but got overconfident.

the military has guns, numbers, and TONS of more important things to teach soldiers and spec ops guys compared to unarmed fighting. from operating some basic radio to first aid, to small team tactics etc...

while the physical training might be great, physique is NOTHING compared to properly trained technique.as far as unarmed fighting goes, spec ops guys are NOT the "most badass mofos on the planet" as some people think. in fact, i'd say they are BJJ blue level at best(cant have the training hours required to reach any better level, not on fighting technique anyways)

the spec ops guy had no chance, anybody that thinks he did is delusional.

So they are the "most badass mofos on the planet". In general. Just not at unarmed combat, specifically.
They don't really have to be. If you are in a situation in war where you need to engage in prolonged unarmed combat, you probably fucked up somewhere along the line, so it's pretty low on the list of priorities.

So they are the "most badass mofos on the planet". In general. Just not at unarmed combat, specifically.

i can agree with this post. i could even sign this if this were a "badassery forum".

its just that most people assume they kick everyone's butts in unarmed combat, which is BS. and that this is a martial arts forum.

i can agree with this post. i could even sign this if this were a "badassery forum".

its just that most people assume they kick everyone's butts in unarmed combat, which is BS. and that this is a martial arts forum.

I don't think most people in here assume that, or even anyone with the slightest bit of sense. It's pretty obvious that you are going to be better at something you train exclusively and have an aptitude for.

I don't think most people in here assume that, or even anyone with the slightest bit of sense. It's pretty obvious that you are going to be better at something you train exclusively and have an aptitude for.

yes they do.

this thread IS called "condit KOd a spec ops guy?" as if thats hard for a UFC fighter.
the average spec ops guy wont last 3 mins in an unarmed fight with a UFC fighter. maybe much more in a sparring session. but he'd still get KTFO.

most people either think a spec ops guy would beat a UFC-caliber fighter even with no technique because of "dem mussels", or they think the military prastices some super secret super lethal eyegouging techniques that would obliterate an mma fighter in a no-rules unarmed fight. (yes, such techniques exist, they're called gunshots.nothing else.)

i swear, military training is the new kung fu. ("i know you are a trained pro boxer/thai fighter with a wrestling background to boot, but a kung fu guy would pWn ya with his chi!" that sort of BS)

Lol being an elite soldier means nothing in terms of striking, completly different things. Im sure a army or navy boxing champ would fare better,and they dont have to be an elite or special forces soldier. Just watch the commando knock out on youtube and look at the technique lol awful

an oldie but a goodie. for some reason I was thinking of this video last night

So is a Spec Ops guy comparable to a Marine or Navy Seal in combat situations? That dude was way bigger than Condit, but got overconfident.

I'm not sure but the one thing I do know is that in Modern Warfare, if you need to resort to unarmed combat, you're doing it wrong.

First of all, we don't call it spec ops. Wow.

Second off, that was a regular army non-combat MOS Big Army P/T wearing soldier. None of the soldiers in that clip were a part of SOCOM or any unit attached to SOCOM.

Third, change the title of this thread. It's bullshit.

images

Exactly what I was saying. And lol at the guy who compared Marines and Seals.

Not to mention, most sf guys don't really give a shit about combatives.

yes they do.

this thread IS called "condit KOd a spec ops guy?" as if thats hard for a UFC fighter.
the average spec ops guy wont last 3 mins in an unarmed fight with a UFC fighter. maybe much more in a sparring session. but he'd still get KTFO.

most people either think a spec ops guy would beat a UFC-caliber fighter even with no technique because of "dem mussels", or they think the military prastices some super secret super lethal eyegouging techniques that would obliterate an mma fighter in a no-rules unarmed fight. (yes, such techniques exist, they're called gunshots.nothing else.)

i swear, military training is the new kung fu. ("i know you are a trained pro boxer/thai fighter with a wrestling background to boot, but a kung fu guy would pWn ya with his chi!" that sort of BS)

I think you are reading in way too much in the title. That's not at all the sense I got.
Obviously if you would solely train in eye pokes and what have you, you might have the element of surprise as it's not something the mma-fighter would be used to or think to use right of the bat. But that would probably only be used (and only should be used) to get away, or stall, so you can get a hand on a knife or a gun. I believe most people here realize that. It's just that the morons who might not are usually the loudest ones. But then again, so what's new?

I'm not sure but the one thing I do know is that in Modern Warfare, if you need to resort to unarmed combat, you're doing it wrong.

yes he is comparable. all 3 of them suck.

seriously. add up the hours of training any of these guys undergo for unarmed fighting technique.

condit(and any ufc fighter, talented or not, top 5 or not) trains around 36 hours per week, much more than 100 hours per month, almost 1.500 hours per year, unarmed fighting. about 300+ of these hours are sparring against world-class opponents.

a navy SEAL has an 8-month training program (marines have 4 months; YES, seals>marines officialy, though individuals differ ofcourse), of which maybe, just maybe, 2 months are devoted to unarmed combat (officialy, just 1 month, and not completely devoted). even if they magicaly train unarmed combat 24/7 with no sleep(yeah, right), thats still less than how much condit trains in 1 year. most likely, if they train 10 hours a day unarmed fighting, thats 300 hours on that unarmed fighting month.

and condit trains for much more than 1 year. in 5 years, condit will have trained for 5000+ hours. sparred for 1000-1500 hours against live world class foes. the soldier will have...300 hours of unarmed fighting training. you think he is no pushover?you're wrong. 300 hours of training is a mere blue belt in bjj, maybe not even that.

yes they do.

I agree. For some reason MANY people think that these guys are super deadly in unarmed combat and know some secret. Personally I blame the fuckin Bourne movies. The one advantage that they MIGHT have is the fact that they may escalate a combat situation to the extreme and try to kill you right away because they are tempered in such situations that require this. Whereas I train in MMA but the chances I would need to use it or would need to go for a kill right away are pretty much zero.

I also agree with what you and others have said that they are the baddest mofos on the planet but not at unarmed combat. I know that if I had to fight against am opposing force I would want a platoon of soldiers over 30 fuckin MMA fighters because they would know how to wage war. If it was a gang fight at the local park with no weapons then yeah i'll take the band of Condits

Arrogance. These guys need to delude themselves they are invulnerable to do what they do.

or he just thought that he had a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a playful brawl with an mma legend and thought why pussyfoot around when he could experience (close to) the real thing? i doubt he regrets it. he probably tells the story proudly.

it's like when a giant dude challenges you to armwrestling. if you lose, so what? if you win, you just beat a giant at armwrestling.

You're definitely wrong about the beards. Some units do allow them to grow out downrange and some don't. And blending in? Come on dude...

The evidence that makes it look like the guy is in no way shape or form special forces is the fact that he is wearing army PT gear. Which in all of my deployments no one ever even brought.

In regards to the beard thing its not about blending in its a cultural respect thing right? SF guys have beards because over there men have beards and it makes it easier to communicate. Over there if you're a real man you have a beard. A little hard to blend in when you look like a ninja turtle...even with a beard. And yeah Carlos is a bad, bad man.

I agree. For some reason MANY people think that these guys are super deadly in unarmed combat and know some secret. Personally I blame the fuckin Bourne movies. The one advantage that they MIGHT have is the fact that they may escalate a combat situation to the extreme and try to kill you right away because they are tempered in such situations that require this. Whereas I train in MMA but the chances I would need to use it or would need to go for a kill right away are pretty much zero.

I also agree with what you and others have said that they are the baddest mofos on the planet but not at unarmed combat. I know that if I had to fight against am opposing force I would want a platoon of soldiers over 30 fuckin MMA fighters because they would know how to wage war. If it was a gang fight at the local park with no weapons then yeah i'll take the band of Condits

its not the Bourne movies. Bourne was never shown to be able to beat ufc-caliber fighter. its people being uneducated about fighting. most people have no idea what defense or control in fivghting means, they just imagine THEMSELEVES fighting, purely aggresively "throwing bombs"(=spinning their arms like a spaz while getting jabbed to death), and they imagine that trained fighters "do the same but they're just stronger". the average person believes a weight lifter will obliterate a ufc fighter. the other half believe that trained fighters do the exact opposite, doing some magical cult Ki BS-again, due to being uneducated about fighting.

In regards to the beard thing its not about blending in its a cultural respect thing right? SF guys have beards because over there men have beards and it makes it easier to communicate. Over there if you're a real man you have a beard. A little hard to blend in when you look like a ninja turtle...even with a beard. And yeah Carlos is a bad, bad man.

It's about them being able to grow beards because they are SF. Some units allow it and some don't. There's some commanders who won't let them grow beards but other commanders don't give a shit what people do as long as the mission gets done. There's no doctrine behind it. They can just get away with it.

The size difference between Iraqi/afghani men and your average operator is pretty significant, they're not going to blend in no matter what you do.

Back