Complicated Situation with BFF

Sounds like a judge Mathis episode

Save the courts and yourself a good deal of hassle and headache with a long drawn out ordeal.

Let your new best friend kick you in the dick 5000 times for you thinking a best friend would borrow money and laptops.

Damn, TS should've joined a gang for friendshipand brotherhood instead of befriending a junkie :oops:

Purchase some Big 5 weapons and hold him hostage. Force him to watch nothing but BW and WMMA fights for days and see how that goes.

Buggering is optional (but he's probably already done that for drugs)

While he's in the throes of boredom amd confusion, dig a hole in the dessert...
AHHAAHHAHAH
Good one 10/10

I had a best friend I've known for 25 years since grade 8 who owes me $400 from 15 years ago. He expected me to just let it go and not pay me back. I never got into a physical confrontation with him about it, but because of that and a couple of things that were the icing on the cake I ended the friendship and blocked all contact with that piece of shit. The guy's a deuce.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and walk away. Also my mom used to say that if you're going to lend money to someone, lend it with the expectation that you'll never get it back. There are no guarantees, even with your friends.

You will find many people in your life who look for decent people to use. I have a brother and a sister who I only hear from when they want money. They usually call to just talk after a long time not hearing from them. Then they call a day or two later to borrow money. Since I stopped loaning money they never call anymore.

I've had "friends" that I've helped move, helped them with their vehicles, appliances, houses and whenever I needed help, they were too busy. You can often see these people using others too. Keep track of what is going on. If you find a one sided friendship you're being used.

You aren't going to get your money or computer back. Maybe you can find out if he pawned the computer and buy it back. Break off all contact.

I would have never loaned the guy more money when he still owes you, that's just crazy..

Go call him out for being a pos, tell him you arent friends any more unless he starts paying you back. Perhaps even go over there and take shit of his that has value if you wanna be a gangster about it.

Dudes should not use BFF.
Especially not for money! WHAT KINDA BFF IZZAT, MANG?
tenor.gif

Well you took away the only option I could give you which is beating his ass. It's the only satisfaction you will get here and not doing it could be unhealthy for you. I had a similar situation happen except me and the guy just started hanging out but we clicked and were hanging out all the time. One day I leave my cd player at his house in my backpack. I get my backpack back but no cd player. I confront him he says it wasn't anywhere in his house. I see him walking down the hall one day and he tuck away some headphones when he see's me.

I later find out from a friend that he has a huge booklet of spanish CD's. Not long before that my dad accused my friends of stealing his spanish CD's me and his current GF said why the fuck would anyone want your spanish CD's. During this time I'm having random dreams about beating this guys ass. A year later at a party my friend invites him over. I tell my friend what's going on and I'm going to have to beat this guys ass, my friend shrugs his shoulders and couldn't care less.

Guy comes to the party I confront him, he laughs it off and sits down, I proceed to punch him in the face 3-4 times while he sits there doing nothing. I never dreamed about that guy again and it was so satisfying to put him in his place. He had this reputation of being a bad ass in my group and it was nice to put that shit in check.

I can't believe you would lend your friend that much money in the first place, then give him your laptop while he owes you. I learned as a kid, lending a measly 5-10 bucks to "friends," most of them never pay you back. I learned that lesson quick.

Now on principal, I never borrow from or lend friends money. If I lend somebody money, it's only amounts so small I'm pretty much giving it to them. If they pay me back, great, if not, no big deal.

There might be a rare time when somebody forgets their wallet that they need money. I helped a guy at a gas station who put gas in his car before he realized he forgot his wallet. I paid for his gas, he left me with his drivers license and an IOU, went home and came back with the money and tried to give me $20 extra and I declined. I stopped to get gas once and realized I didn't have my wallet but I always pay at the pump so I didn't have my card and just went home and got it.

Solid advice right here.

It’s either this or you’ve gotta hire somebody to seriously lump him up while you’re elsewhere in a public place so you’ve got multiple alibis.

But it’s not worth it for that little amount of money, just give him a hug and hope that he pulls himself through whatever it is that’s dragging him down.

If you HAVE to meet him, you've got to do the opposite of what you think you want to do.

No, I don't mean give him more money.

You have to forgive him. If you're not ready for that don't meet him. There's no reason to meet him otherwise, and there's no life you can lead if it is beholden to someone else. Here's what I mean. Let's say right now you think forgiveness is a sign of weakness. That he would take it as though he can take any money from you and never pay it back. And that letting people do whatever they want to you without you saying anything -- well, that's a pussy-ass move. No one should tolerate that.

And in a way you'd be right.

But there are other ways.

Forgiveness only lets one person off the hook, and it ain't him. It's you.

You owe it to yourself to find a way to unburden yourself of things you don't want. You don't have to be in his presence to forgive him either. You can do that right now and remind yourself each time you're feeling yucky: there's a difference between regretting one piece, or 4000 pieces, of your history -- and allowing someone to continue taking advantage of you.

Do not give away your autonomy. Harness your energies toward your own benefit, and make sure it benefits something more concrete than simply Emotion.

u should get bff bracelets..if you dont have them already

Never lend when it comes to friends and family. just give them what you can afford to never get back.

Learned it the hard way as well. got the money back, but not before friendships were affected.

Cut him out of your life, and look at this as paying for a $4500 lesson as to why you shouldn’t lend people significant sums of money. I’m not trying to sound harsh, but rather blunt. Sometimes it’s good to hear things straightforwardly. It sucks he screwed you over, but cut your losses.

Back