Complete package? (Come people,comee)

FutureSergant

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Listening to the John Wick 2 soundtrack today at work,it reminded me of SC:Chaos Theory and how superb that game was/still is.

(12 years old game..Still looks good)
zlvmcqw.png

Chaos Theory was a perfect storm of literally every part of the game being super excellent. You like level design? This has superb level design. You like difficulty? This had the perfect level of 'firm but fair' difficulty. You like music? 10/10 soundtrack by Amon Tobin. You like to laugh? The script is surprisingly funny in a way that doesn't break the seriousness of the setting. You like graphics? The game STILL looks good to this day. If you try to go whiz-bang-shooty it even has some pretty decent combat AI that I didn't notice until my 3rd or 4th playthrough because of course it's a sneaky game.. The newer ones dont even come close to Chaos Theory in my humble opinion. The development of Conviction and Blacklist basically said "what was it that makes Splinter Cell good?" Then they took those things, put them in a box, and buried the box under cement.

So what is your "complete package" game. You can decorate choices with some screenshots,so the thread looks more lively.

The Witcher III Wild Hunt. Best game I've ever played:

-great graphics
-fantastic characters/narratives
-quests with a ton of depth and uniqueness
-great lore
-immense number of enemies/monsters
-the impact of you're decisions (theres like 30 ways the game can end depending on how you play out the game) which just adds to the overall immense depth.
-2 of the best dlcs of all time (Blood and Wine won rpg of the year and it was a dlc) and (Hearts of Stone's main quest was one of the best quests of all time).
-fantastic fantasy vibe with lots of geographic diversity and scenic beauty (especially in Blood and Wine, it felt straight out of a fairytale).
-Honestly I just love this game and I'm so damn happy my girlfriend introduced to me it. I obviously love the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, but the Witcher III is the best game of all time imo.

1785-0-1467888887.jpg

1402005463-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-1.jpg

the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_review_screens_17.jpg

57a04caca859dbed21fa2dc9e7bbda9478b673059bfeb719f19f60af43565f41.jpg

Witcher-3-Blood-Shot-(1).jpg

latest

The latest Hitman game. I've always been skeptical of episodic releases but it fits this seried like a glove. It's everything the series has strived to achieve in terms of gameplay but never quite got there, with the exception of possibly Blood Money. It has insane replay value, some outstanding level design, a good amount of humor and is packed with subtle details about the world and who you're murdering. It truly is a sandbox game of carefully orchestrated murder that can go to shit in an instant, which leads to you gunning down a few security guards as you make your getaway while your heart is pounding.

It's a shame it didn't sell better but I'm happy IO Interactive is independent now and has retained full control of the Hitman IP.

For me, Halflife 1. I know HL2 gets all the love, but HL 1 was just so unprecedented when it came out.

While it wasn't top dog for graphics at the time (that was Unreal) they were still good, running on the Quake II engine. The gameplay was unreal, the story telling etc. And then of course it spawned the most remarkable mod of all time: Counterstrike.

It's graphics are dated today, but if you can look past that it's still great IMO.

Back