45 Deg Back Raises

2 x 9 x 70 lbs

Modified Candlestick

2 x 10 x bw

Calf Raises - Leg Press

5 x 8 x 250 lbs

Last edited:
Lol nice pull, regardless, though.

Deadlifts are such a bogey lift for me I have to get super amped up and kind of upset myself beforehand, so it's difficult to stay rational in the moment.

Some Feds no lift and a DQ for intentionally throwing it.

I can see why, competition plates are expensive. Luckily the shitty Strength Shop plates at that gym aren't.

Had a fantastic fucking Father's Day.
Launching a boat to go fishing with my son, and I slipped on a rock. Sliced my shin right to the tibia. 16cm gash. About 1.5-2" wide.
View media item 26723

Deadlifts are such a bogey lift for me I have to get super amped up and kind of upset myself beforehand, so it's difficult to stay rational in the moment.

I can see why, competition plates are expensive. Luckily the shitty Strength Shop plates at that gym aren't.

I got you. It's a good deadlift, not shitting on you at all. It's just something to be cognoscent of if you're competing. At my last meet a kid hit PRs and squat and deadlift and would have taken first but got excited and chucked the bar. DQ'd.

I've been working on my hips and starting position a lot and think I'm going to make another run st sumo.

Are you guys/whoever actually checks this thread cool with that? Full disclosure, I put a starting 1RM of 675 in and the most I've ever pulled sumo is 550x3. Conventional 3-rep PR is 645x3. So, it's definitely not putting me at any advantage lol.

Other than sumo being cheating and the last bastion of the scoundrel, go for it brah.

Other than sumo being cheating and the last bastion of the scoundrel, go for it brah.

I feel like me pulling conventional for the last 8 years has been cheating me of pounds on my total.

At least I can be pretty confident that my back won't be my weak point in my sumo deadlifting.

It also has to do with meets. I use a lot of back in my low bar squat. At meets, my back is usually pretty fried by the time deadlifts roll around, so I feel like switching to sumo will put me in better shape for a higher total, as I won't be relying on my fried back to do so much of the work.

All that being said, I haven't even pulled 600 sumo, so it's going to be a long road.

Last edited:
I've been working on my hips and starting position a lot and think I'm going to make another run st sumo.

Are you guys/whoever actually checks this thread cool with that? Full disclosure, I put a starting 1RM of 675 in and the most I've ever pulled sumo is 550x3. Conventional 3-rep PR is 645x3. So, it's definitely not putting me at any advantage lol.
I'm fine with it, since you're not on my team.

I feel like me pulling conventional for the last 8 years has been cheating me of pounds on my total.

At least I can be pretty confident that my back won't be my weak point in my sumo deadlifting.

It also has to do with meets. I use a lot of back in my low bar squat. At meets, my back is usually pretty fried by the time deadlifts roll around, so I feel like switching to sumo will put me in better shape for a higher total, as I won't be relying on my fried back to do so much of the work.

All that being said, I haven't even pulled 600 sumo, so it's going to be a long road.

It makes sense then, I am the opposite - reworking my squat with Tom has involved staying way more upright and using the legs more like a high bar movement.

Sumo is a strange beast and very technical, good luck with it Broseph Goebbels.

I'm switching to sumo as well if you guys are kool with it. I remember why I wasn't training Conventional... I hurt my back, my back is broken.

Cycle 2 - week 1

Lift: Deadlift

1st set 142.5lbs x 5
2nd set 177.5lbs x 5
3rd set 212.5lbs x 5
4th set 230lbs x 5
5th set 267.5lbs x 5

AMRAP set - 302.5 lb - Score: 7
1RM: 373.1 lb

Assistance:
-Pyramid Sets (Descending) Deadlift: 5 sets of 302.5 lb x dec. reps
-Pyramid Sets (Ascending) Deadlift: 5 sets of 302.5 lb x inc. reps

Had a fantastic fucking Father's Day.
Launching a boat to go fishing with my son, and I slipped on a rock. Sliced my shin right to the tibia. 16cm gash. About 1.5-2" wide.
View media item 26723
Looks like if you want to keep deadlifting, you'd better get yourself a pair of shinguards (I've used the RockTape ones) - or a pain of neoprene knee sleeves to be used as shinguards.

DL:
135X 2 sets X 5 reps
225X 2 X 5
295X 3 X 2

Squat:
135X10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Easing in to it

Back