COMPETITION LOG - 2017 S&C Deadlift Comp

100% agree with what Jim and MOM said, CoolHand. To add on to that, your training max for a given cycle does not have to be completely representative of your actual max. Increase your training max each cycle by the recommended poundages, and do your best to hit rep PR's on your final set each week. Wendler himself has written about how the training max is a tool to guide your lifting, not a be all end all of your training.

Game on moles.

Zercher Lift
60x5, 100x5
120x3, 140x3, 150x3
160x3

Bench Press
60x8, 70x5, 80x5
90x6
60x15

Green names:
Atlas Thugs
Red Team Names
9 Inch Barbells
10 inch Barbells

Re: maxing out, strategically speaking I think we should try get some runs on the board relatively early. A lot can happen in 6 months. Injuries, loss of interest in the comp, inconsistent training leading to weakness. If you feel like you can hit a PR fairly quickly (eg one month in), I say go for it & get off the mark.

A good thing about 531 is that it has in built measures without doing a 1rm. If your reps are staying at the same number roughly each month but the weight is going up you are getting stronger.

Deficit Deadlifts (1.5")
375 lbs x 4 x 3 sets
405 lbs x 3
425 lbs x 2

DB Row
85's x 10 x 4 sets

I'm still stuck on Sons of Sigmarsson

But that's only so I can print a tshirt

I'm still stuck on Sons of Sigmarsson

But that's only so I can print a tshirt
We've done that one. I still have the custom avatar somewhere, I'll post it.

here -- it wasn't "Sons of Sigmarsson" it was "Deadicated", but we used Jon Pall as the avatar:

DLplaticon_zps835489dd.jpg

jpsDLicon_zpsae8a30f0.jpg

It doesn't make me opposed to doing that name, but you can take that under consideration.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I've seen that before.

Fine... But I really really wanted this!

upload_2017-6-8_13-37-33.png

If you feel like you can hit a PR fairly quickly (eg one month in), I say go for it & get off the mark.

I hope this doesn't apply to anyone lol.

If you can hit a deadlift PR in 4 weeks, which is 4 deadlift workouts for most people, you definitely didn't try hard enough on your starting submission.

Last edited:

If you can hit a deadlift PR in 4 weeks, which is 4 deadlift workouts for most people, you definitely didn't try hard enough on your starting submission.
You've got a guy on your team that wants a 60+ pound improvement in six months. I imagine he's hoping to make some progress in the first four weeks.

You sure are negative and discouraging. That didn't use to be what this place was about.

You've got a guy on your team that wants a 60+ pound improvement in six months. I imagine he's hoping to make some progress in the first four weeks.

You sure are negative and discouraging. That didn't use to be what this place was about.

Did you not notice how I didn't respond to your first cringe-as-fuck post in this thread? If you want to keep arguing and looking like an idiot who doesn't know a whole lot about lifting weights but thinks he does, let's keep it in the other thread and keep this one clean.

There was also no real negative intent behind my post. I figured the "lol" should have helped with that.

Never heard of you, but good luck in the comp.

This reply to @Japmanx's justified post was very positive and encouraging. "Never heard of you"? Lol bitch you have a 2003 join date and I've been posting here since 2008 and had never heard of you until a few months ago.

Lol bitch
Classy. And this after saying you want to keep it clean in here. You're confused.

What you seem to be doing is trying to convince others that it's shameful to gain strength, since you plan to improve very little yourself. You know, you being so elite and all. So elite that you have to keep reminding me every post. Is it hard being so insecure?

I hope the guys on your team find someone to inspire them.

How many people posted their max on the last day? Maybe a couple. Most got in a fair bit earlier. For some of us a month into the comp is going to be closer to 7-8 weeks since we did our starting max.

I like Sandblasters or Sons of Sigmarsson.

Thanks for your generosity, Nurse. I'll take a large.

Back