Comparison in size of Fox, Viacom and other content providers

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
People here often say that Viacom has an unlimited budget and can invest freely in Bellator.

Additionally, the Fox contracts and other world wide media rights are increasingly important to the UFC.

here is a chart that shows the relative sizes of these corporations

media_landscape_01.png

Wait Viacom owns CBS. Why are they 2 separate entities on this chart?

National Amusements owns the vast majority of both companies. Viacom doesn't own CBS and CBS doesn't own Viacom, but the same guy owns the lion share of each.

Oh. I though this was going to be another transexual thread. Thought you were talking about Fallon Fox.

Am disappointed.

Ah, the truth is out at last. The fighters are being screwed as I suspected all along.

No they don't. They're 2 separate corporations with different sets of shareholders.

They just happen to have the same guy as largest shareholder but they are NOT the same company. I believe they had a merger like 2 decades ago before splitting off again shortly after.

UFC should go Disney on their next deal.

You mean ESPN? I don't see it happening. The ESPN schedules wouldn't be able to accommodate UFC with all the live programming they have which aren't negotiable. And on top of that, they already have deals with Top Rank and Golden Boy, so whatever slots were available got filled by boxing.

All pale in Comparison to the ones making up Fang Stocks which includes Netflix here, but then P4P Champs take over like Apple, Amazon and Alphabet (Google) as well as the ubiquitous Facebook. These are the ones who are the hardest hitters in the world today not Ngannou, Overeem or Stipe.

People here often say that Viacom has an unlimited budget and can invest freely in Bellator.

Additionally, the Fox contracts and other world wide media rights are increasingly important to the UFC.

here is a chart that shows the relative sizes of these corporations

media_landscape_01.png
except fox isnt on there. 21st century fox is

it doesnt show the value of fox television network

if you take 21st century fox at $68bn, then take off what Disney has bought for $54bn

you are left with what Disney hasnt bought (fox sports, fox news, Fox network) being valued at around $14bn

co-incidentally teh same as Viaco,m

Fox television network is only a small part of 21st century fox

Last edited:
All pale in Comparison to the ones making up Fang Stocks which includes Netflix here, but then P4P Champs take over like Apple, Amazon and Alphabet (Google) as well as the ubiquitous Facebook. These are the ones who are the hardest hitters in the world today not Ngannou, Overeem or Stipe.

those are all listed in the bottom right hand corner for comparison.

except fox isnt on there. 21st century fox is

Fox broadcast and FS1 are both listed as 21st century fox subsidiaries on the chart

Ah, the truth is out at last. The fighters are being screwed as I suspected all along.

"I had duck for dinner last night."
"The fighters are being screwed as I suspected all along."
"I helped my father fix a flat this morning."
"The last season of Game of Thrones has been delayed."

No way CBS revenue is that small

They run huge advertisement sales on re-runs alone based on their massive audience.

My guess is their overall revenue is small because they lack subsidiaries (NBC owns Bravo, USA, Syfy. Disney owns Marvel, ESPN, etc)

...and?

viacom owns bellator. the ufc has a limited broadcasting deal with fox.

it's not really a good comparison.

Back