Comparing 2 Remakes: Dead Space Remake and TLOU Part 1

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
There were a lot of gamers unhappy with TLOU Part 1 because it wasn't going to have multiplayer and they were charging $70 for it even though it's over 10 years old and the graphical upgrade was its only real selling point. However, it seems like Dead Space: Remake has been universally praised despite the fact that there wasn't a demand for it (people wanted the original ported to modern consoles more than anything). I've played neither, so I can't compare the two. But for those of you that have, what makes one remake better than the other?

People got hate boners for TLOU after Part 2 so the same weirdos have been vocal and anti anything TLOU.

The remake was great, probably should have charged less but for fans of the game or especially first time players it was well worth it.

I'm sure TLOU's remake is fine, but it never stopped being updated and was one of the most popular games of all time, that never left my consciousness. It would be like if GTAV had a full remake. It wouldn't have the same wow factor as a cult classic getting the same treatment.

In short, I wouldn't rush out to buy a remake of TLOU, because it's always been there and was and still is perfect as is, even in its PS3 form. "Dead Space" on the other hand...it still doesn't interest me too much, because the original is still very modern in design and presentation, but there are more wrinkles to iron out than TLOU, so I'd be more curious about how different it was.

TLOU remake didn't include everything from the original yet they're charging PS5 full price.

Well they’re both PS3 era titles but one is 15 years old and the other was only 9 years at the time of their remakes, so slightly easier to justify the Dead Space remake.

There were a lot of gamers unhappy with TLOU Part 1 because it wasn't going to have multiplayer and they were charging $70 for it even though it's over 10 years old and the graphical upgrade was its only real selling point.

It basically is what we should have got for a $10 PSN update, at best, and it didn't even include some of the gameplay improvements TLOU2 had.

Technically a 'remake,' but its practically a remaster.

However, it seems like Dead Space: Remake has been universally praised despite the fact that there wasn't a demand for it (people wanted the original ported to modern consoles more than anything). I've played neither, so I can't compare the two.

Sometimes you don't know what you want until its presented to you, and that's gamers as a whole worldwide community.

I haven't bothered with the TLOU remake, mostly because I dom't own a PS5, I'm somewhat annoyed they updated Tess's face to look 20 years older, but mostly because I'm fully satisfied with the PS4 1080P/60FPS 'remastered' edition.

But Dead Space (the remake) I'm halfway through (didn't play the original) and taking my time with such a great survival horror experience... and it may be both the best Remake of all time & GOAT Survival Horror game.

Well they’re both PS3 era titles but one is 15 years old and the other was only 9 years at the time of their remakes, so slightly easier to justify the Dead Space remake.
Not to mention there is already a TLOU remaster and the remake is effectively a very soft remake/mostly a remaster.

If the TLOU never got a PS4 release it would have got less criticism, same game 3 consoles on the bounce screams cash grab.

Dead Space would have been much the same if an XB1/PS4 remaster existed.

People got hate boners for TLOU after Part 2 so the same weirdos have been vocal and anti anything TLOU.

The remake was great, probably should have charged less but for fans of the game or especially first time players it was well worth it.
You gotta be on Naughty Dogs payroll

Fans of the game or first time players. Exactly who it appeals to.

Wait til you hear I’m getting it on PC as well.
<36>
It actually crossed my mind to get it. Played the ps4 version 10 years ago. That's ample time to warrant another playthrough.

Did the TLOU PS4 “remaster” have multiplayer or only the PS3 OG release?

If the PS4 version did have multiplayer, is it still active?

Both and yeah the PS4 version is still active

Thanks. That fact alone is probably enough for me to forgo the PS5 remake and just play through the PS4 remaster instead (which has been in my game backlog since the day I got my PS4 almost 8 years ago), and follow that up with some MP action.

They're gonna release multiplayer for the PS5 version sometime soon enough but who knows if it'll be free or not.

They're gonna release multiplayer for the PS5 version sometime soon enough but who knows if it'll be free or not.

No chance, it appears to be way too ambitious for them not to charge anything. I'm just basing this off Neil Druckmann's reasoning for the game's delay during Summer GameFest. The reason they only showed concept art is because they've decided to go way bigger with the project.

From what I’ve read this isn’t a multiplayer mode for TLOU Part I, it was actually meant to be the multiplayer mode for TLOU Part II initially but it’s been expanded to a standalone title. Meaning no chance it will be free.

Back