Social Company gives all employees handguns for Christmas gift

The guns were sold legally to them (company actually gave gift cards to a local sporting goods store) and company asked anyone who didn't otherwise have a gun safety course under their belt to take one.
Did the company also pay for the safety course? If so, that's a good thing and should be mandatory imo.

Passt the employees didn’t get the handgun memo.

Looks 50/50 ish long guns to handguns from here. Last AR I built was $325

Come at me bro... erm ma’am?
Yeah, that's what cracked me up. There's an article specifying handguns, but the photo shows a lot of rifles, and the reporter didn't even notice or couldn't tell the difference.

That's a nice gift. Small company in a hunting community, required safety courses and gift cards for those who didn't want the gun. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind any objection.
Because it's racist

So what kind of gun can you get for 500$?
I bought a S&W M&P .40 for less than $500.00. Of course that was back in '08. I believe you could get a decent 12GA for around $500.00 too.

Wait, are you gun guys really ok with selling/trading guns on craigslist to random folks?

That's another reason why gun control people can't always grasp the difficulty of controlling guns in America. There are over 300 million guns in circulation at least, and probably over 400 million is likely. Guns are bought, sold, stolen, and traded daily in America. This doesn't include the guns that are brought here illegally from places like Mexico or even homemade guns. Did you know in America you can make your own homemade gun, using say an AR15 lower receiver, and it doesn't have to be registered, hell, it doesn't even have to have serial numbers. Most people don't know that and its an easy job.

And yes, guns are traded and sold every day by one guy to the next. Its not widespread but I assure you that is the case.

This picture of the employees with their Christmas handguns accompanied the article.

6620b593b717390a284a0a9217414d40

Awesome picture. Probably shouldn't go fucking around with that company. <45>

That was a neat idea and they wanted safety courses and gave them the option of a gift card instead. They took care of their employees and it was a kind gesture.

LOL @ Bruce Vilanch w/ the Saturday Night Special. So Cliche, So Tacky!

You know how that term originated right, I mean besides the Lynyrd Skynyrd song. The term was first used by a newspaper journalist in the 1960's to refer to cheap small caliber handguns and is a reference to a gun you use to rob or shoot someone on a Saturday night, or one you can buy out of the trunk of a car for $50 dollars. I assume you are talking about the guy in the back row far left but at $500 it would be an expensive Saturday Night Special and way too legal to be a Saturday Night Special.

Also, you have been awarded some Lynyrd Skynyrd.

You know how that term originated right, I mean besides the Lynyrd Skynyrd song. The term was first used by a newspaper journalist in the 1960's to refer to cheap small caliber handguns and is a reference to a gun you use to rob or shoot someone on a Saturday night, or one you can buy out of the trunk of a car for $50 dollars. I assume you are talking about the guy in the back row far left but at $500 it would be an expensive Saturday Night Special and way too legal to be a Saturday Night Special.

I became familiar w/ Saturday Night Specials from Mad Magazine in the 70's.

P.S. - Never heard of Lynrd Skynrd. They those guys that all died banging Mama Cass?

Cheers,
Neil Young

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/com...nique-memorable-christmas-gift-190418122.html

Seeing this on my Facebook from multiple different local news outlets, seems like it's the outrage news of the day, this time for lefties. Side note, anyone know how which non important news story ends up inexpliecty making national news on all outlets?

Anyways, a glassware company told each of their employees to pick out a gun (up to $500) for their Christmas gift. They said their main motivator was personal safety and protection. The guns were sold legally to them (company actually gave gift cards to a local sporting goods store) and company asked anyone who didn't otherwise have a gun safety course under their belt to take one. Gift cards for 500 were given to a few employees who didn't want guns.

They've gotten mixed feedback as the story gained traction. All the employees loved it and went home to their spouses in disbelief

Sounds like the "left" is over reacting . . . the employees were just given gift cards and had the choice to buy a firearm or not right? I'm sure there are those out there acting like the company left loaded handguns in the employees lockers or something though.

That’s awesome, I’d probably take a cash payment though and put the 500.00 towards a more expensive gun like that new Springfield xdm 10mm or a sig sauer 226.
#metoo

Simply put Saturday night specially were cheap handguns that were foreign made, what we would now call a pocket pistol.

Good old 1968 GCA banned their import, but not manufacture, so you can still get them, but instead of costing $40 or so, they’re $200-ish. Look at the ruger lcp in 380 as an example of a modern Saturday night special.

Fucking awesome. Id use it towards a very yuge hand cannon.

Careful, you'll shoot your eye out.

Back