Social Company gives all employees handguns for Christmas gift

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/com...nique-memorable-christmas-gift-190418122.html

Seeing this on my Facebook from multiple different local news outlets, seems like it's the outrage news of the day, this time for lefties. Side note, anyone know how which non important news story ends up inexpliecty making national news on all outlets?

Anyways, a glassware company told each of their employees to pick out a gun (up to $500) for their Christmas gift. They said their main motivator was personal safety and protection. The guns were sold legally to them (company actually gave gift cards to a local sporting goods store) and company asked anyone who didn't otherwise have a gun safety course under their belt to take one. Gift cards for 500 were given to a few employees who didn't want guns.

They've gotten mixed feedback as the story gained traction. All the employees loved it and went home to their spouses in disbelief

Sounds decent and generous to me

I bet the first thing they did at home was use the gun to open a beer can

Unsurprising.
This is their main product:

BenShot-Bulletproof-ShotGlass-308-bullet-merica_2048x@2x.jpg

All I got for Christmas was coffee mug and a $25 Tim Horton voucher.

16 employees? And the people who opted out got Visa gift cards instead? I'm pretty pro-gun control by Sherdog standards and I don't see a big deal.

Pretty awesome Christmas present. I like that they just gave gift cards to those who didn't want a gun.

Afterwards, before a company outing of theirs:

That's a nice gift. Small company in a hunting community, required safety courses and gift cards for those who didn't want the gun. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind any objection.

Good on the company for offering a gift that's practical. Most places would just give a silly gift card to Starbucks.

If they're not a felon or mentally ill I don't see what the big deal is? This is America after all...

I'm not American, but if I lived there I'd own a gun for safety purposes as there's the risk of someone using a gun if they wanted to rob/hurt me. I only have one life and I'm not going to chance it in a country with more guns than people.

Thankfully I live in a country without a gun culture like America so I have no real need for one.

Back