Commonalities between Khabib, Askren and Covington

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I feel like all these guys are as good as anyone in their weight classes, and if they were to fight the champ, I feel like they would beat the champ.

However, one more thing is what they share in common. Interestingly enough, they have yet to face a high level wrestler that have solid wrestling credentials comparable to them. I mean Covington on the other hand faced high level grapplers in Maia and DHK, but still they weren't really high-level wrestling based fighters. And for Khabib and Askren, it holds even more true. Askren struggled mightily with Jay Hieron and Khabib with Tibau, though it was a while ago in their careers.

People actually think that RDA will smash Colby.

It's the comment i laugh at most on this forum. People let hatred override proper judgement.

Colby is literally one of the worst match ups for RDA.

I feel like all these guys are as good as anyone in their weight classes, and if they were to fight the champ, I feel like they would beat the champ.

However, one more thing is what they share in common. Interestingly enough, they have yet to face a high level wrestler that have solid wrestling credentials comparable to them. I mean Covington on the other hand faced high level grapplers in Maia and DHK, but still they weren't really high-level wrestling based fighters. And for Khabib and Askren, it holds even more true. Askren struggled mightily with Jay Hieron and Khabib with Tibau, though it was a while ago in their careers.
I agree, but also, I think there are very few fighters with the wrestling prowess of the gentlemen you named in your thread.

It's the comment i laugh at most on this forum. People let hatred override proper judgement.

I could see it going either way.

Colby was taking too many shots from Maia so RDA is certainly capable of hurting him on the feet.

But RDA has lost to wrestlers in the past. To be fair, one was Khabib and one was Clay Guida a long time ago.

But Colby is a very very good wrestler. The way he ragdolled DHK was very impressive.

The most interesting thing to me about this fight is that both guys usually move forward with constant pressure. I wonder if RDA would want to keep his distance to stick and move or if he would still be as aggressive as usual.

I can see Colby khabib khabib after Maia fight

I could see it going either way.

Colby was taking too many shots from Maia so RDA is certainly capable of hurting him on the feet.

But RDA has lost to wrestlers in the past. To be fair, one was Khabib and one was Clay Guida a long time ago.

But Colby is a very very good wrestler. The way he ragdolled DHK was very impressive.

The most interesting thing to me about this fight is that both guys usually move forward with constant pressure. I wonder if RDA would want to keep his distance to stick and move or if he would still be as aggressive as usual.

Rda would get smashed. Why?

Threat of Td, non existent against Maia for a good reason

UFC should stop being bitches and sign Askren and make Khabib move up. Then they can do a four way tournament between those two, Covington, and Maia for a shot at Woodley after he faces RDA and maybe GSP.

You predict that Askren would beat woodley? I woud not. Not by a long shot.

Colby being a top fighter is laughable. Maia being top ranked is the only reason for that notion, as film doesn't favor him. He has a limited skillset and gets smashed by every top 5 WW aside from that 1 favorable style. RDA will outlast the attempts for holding position and put the volume on him. Let's lol at opposites.

Back