Common Sherdog words and phrases that make you cringe

I would have to say the "(insert fighters name) bless" comments. Its getting overused way too much. Who the hell even started that in the first place??

I'm pretty sure Conor himself started it like a year ago.

Overrated.

Used by haters and noobs in order to completely discredit every fighter ever without any further explanation.

Manlet and Beta are the ones that bug me the most. I'm pretty sure that 99% of people that say Alpha are doing it ironically.

It is funny that so many people have pretty much reduced athleticism to running and jumping.

Exactly, it's so much more than that: most people on here talk shit about "D Level Athletes" and "D Level Sports" like they don't know a single thing about athleticism.

"just rewatched *some old fight*"

No, you just watched it for the first time.

I like most of the things, it is fun and kinda makes this place what it is.

(sherdog bless)

"Wasn't X FIGHT A ROBBERY?"

A million threads later

"now that the dust has settled, wasn't X FIGHT A ROBBERY?"

Manlet- For some reason, when somebody uses it on here I assume they are one of those big chubby high schoolers who don't actually participate in athletics but really like WWE.

love this.

what irks me is the rating system for female fighters looks. these women get punched in the face for a living.

Manlet and Beta are the ones that bug me the most. I'm pretty sure that 99% of people that say Alpha are doing it ironically.
4172617.jpg

This. I keep seeing year old misc memes get recycled into sherdog and everybody acts like its the new "in" thing that only their secret club knows about.

There's an irony here in disdaining people for being proud of their secret shared knoeledge because you knew about it first.

Definitely "alpha" when it's used in the context of being loud, brash, or overly douchey. That's a clear sign that someone doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

Last edited:
Not sure if it fits, but seeing people here constantly use "dominate" as an adjective is slowly chipping away at my soul.

The overwhelming disdain for "manlets" hurts my 5'7" feelings.

I hate how Dana, Reebok and/or "Zuffa Inc." , are held responsible for the finances and well-being of every fighter and their family.

"Your post is so beta"
"Manlet detected"
"Gotten to"
"Conor will be a 3 division champ" (when he has yet to hold 2 or defend 1)

Can't think of anything off the top of my head.​

"PROOF"

I'd be happy with a lock & ban for any thread title that has 'proof inside' considering you are about to read someones opinion.

Back