Common Sherdog words and phrases that make you cringe

Manlet
Ducking
Calling pro fighters 'pussy'
"______ got KOd by a FW/WW,etc" no...he got knocked out by another professional fighter. You don't have to weigh the exact same weight as a guy to knock him out.
"Lol at the Butt hurt of ______ fans"

See, I envision you looking like Brendan from Making a Murderer. Nothing personal, its just the only type of person I can picture saying Manlet.

View attachment 77431

More like
ken-kratz.jpg

Anything "bless" makes me want to projectile vomit pig shit.

Like iron sharpens iron, right Joe?

This has to be the single greatest piece of iron I've ever witnessed, Mike. Never in the universe has there existed a piece of metal that redefines what it means to be an alloy in this reality we refer to as life. It's truly an honor to have this element in my blood. It's a wizard.

Excuses, excuses. They make me cringe.

World class watered down a-level manlet.

Pretty sure the bodybuilding misc made the term manlet popular.

Along with all the entertaining discussions that occur here, there are also those words and phrases that catch on that just annoy you or make you cringe. Or maybe they don't bother you, but you just think they are dumb. For me, a few include:

Manlet- For some reason, when somebody uses it on here I assume they are one of those big chubby high schoolers who don't actually participate in athletics but really like WWE.

Alpha- I've never heard a man call another man "so alpha" outside of this forum. What is the obsession amongst UFC fans with alpha men? When someone gushes over how alpha another guy is, it seems like they are subconsciously longing for a male provider.

Parroting your favorite fighter- Example: "I predict a 1st round finish because timing beats speed. Plus nobody can take that left hand shot!" It's not cool when you say it. You might as well ask if we smell what the Rock is cooking.

So, which common Sherdog words and phrases annoy you or make you cringe?

I would have to say the "(insert fighters name) bless" comments. Its getting overused way too much. Who the hell even started that in the first place??

This has to be the single greatest piece of iron I've ever witnessed, Mike. Never in the universe has there existed a piece of metal that redefines what it means to be an alloy in this reality we refer to as life. It's truly an honor to have this element in my blood. It's a wizard.
I'm here with UFC117, ladies and gentlemen. Tell us what it felt like landing that post, did you know it was a knockout?

Alpha
Casual fan (who gives a fuck)
Bitching about Excuses (like nerds have class).

When thread starts with "Calling it now"

I would have to say the "(insert fighters name) bless" comments. Its getting overused way too much. Who the hell even started that in the first place??
The first time I saw it was with Conor. Then the Sage fans started using it, and I can never tell if they are mocking Conor fans or just completely lack originality.

See, I envision you looking like Brendan from Making a Murderer. Nothing personal, its just the only type of person I can picture saying Manlet.

View attachment 77431

That's because you're right. If anyone is defending the over-usage or even just plain usage of the title "alpha" and "manlet" they're a fuck. Nothing special, nor original, just a fuck. Fuck 'em.

OP covered all but one for me, that I can think of atm atleast: basement dwellers who think they can categorize what "level" of "legitimacy" a sport and/or their athletes have...those trolls are the shittiest of the shitty.

There's no A Level Sport and A Level Athlete solely refers to athletes and their capability to do well in other sports, not even necessarily at the highest levels, think about how much that's asking: you're asking Steph Curry if he can score a snakeshot/whip against Federer? He can't, and never would be able to: does that make him "B" Level or lesser? Fuck no, just about anybody competing in the highest levels of their individual sport where their athletic capabilities are pushed to/beyond their limits should be considered "A Level" otherwise this labeling shit done by complete and utter lazy nerds just needs to stop. Outside of promotion and self promotion, athletes/professionals hate that bullshit.

Just posting to get James L to like my post.

My goal is for my post to like ratio to be the shittiest of the shitty, so other posters will not know whether to consider my posts/opinions legit or not :D

Nah, but the like button does liven up the place, I used to think there were more shit posters back in the day.

Last edited:
"A level athlete" or any other parroted line Rogan or some fighter says.

"Dieded" or whatever that Rothwell poster says every fucking post.

just about anybody competing in the highest levels of their individual sport where their athletic capabilities pushed to/beyond their limits should be considered "A Level" otherwise this labeling shit done by complete and utter lazy nerds just needs to stop. Outside of promotion and self promotion, athletes/professionals hate that bullshit.

It is funny that so many people have pretty much reduced athleticism to running and jumping.

Back