Coming back from an injury

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by SRN, Oct 3, 2017.

1. SRN SOCRATEEEES

SRN
    I'm returning from a knee injury 6kgs/13pounds heavier and I'm gassing very fast. Judo training, as slow as I'm taking is a fooking nightmare. I'm not only gassing fast but I'm completely out shape, slow and not explosive. I definitely need to lose fat and become more athletic, had my sensei telling me that even before the injury! :oops: I usually just train for strength (5x5) and run for cardio however my knee is not ready for runs and I don't think I should just lift.

A friend of mine recommended this gym where they train small groups and work with things like weight sled, medicine balls, ropes, core work, and the big 3 (high reps, one a day :confused:). They also focus on condition and mobility but not on the same day. They train a lot of athletes there, so I guess they know what they are doing.

I think this is exactly what I need but I still have my doubts. What do you guys think? If I start doing it should I work on the 3 main separately or just focus on this for a few months? And what about judo, could I do this in the morning and train at night?

2. corpse Orange Belt

corpse
    sled work is great for knee rehab. just try it. nobody here can know your work capacity but after what you told, i would not do judo class and a work out on the same day. wait with running until your knee feels completely fine and then start low.

SRN likes this.
  3. SRN SOCRATEEEES

SRN
    Thanks man, I’ll give it a try and see what happens.