Comic Books You Read as a Kid?

The comic was such a dark read..
Bat and predator make an awesome match up..

Both hunters

Both gadget heavy

Both smart and calculated.

Was a damn good read.

I think Hollywood would destroy that though.

It would have to be very dark and macabre..I think they’d micheal bay that mofo..

Lobo would be a box office smash.

Dc really is sleeping/pushing the wrong characters...the flash.¿ lolol

DC has a lot of great characters if they were smart they would find someone who was like Jack Kirby the anti Stan Lee and just dish out more adult or darker comic style to separate themselves from Marvel the older guys and college age guys would gravitate toward them like LOBO

DC needs to start finding a way to compete with Marvel, they were so content with owning the comic book genre for so long they let marvel slip up and take over, one can only dish out batman and superman all the time, push some new heroes out there

DC has a lot of great characters if they were smart they would find someone who was like Jack Kirby the anti Stan Lee and just dish out more adult or darker comic style to separate themselves from Marvel the older guys and college age guys would gravitate toward them like LOBO

DC needs to start finding a way to compete with Marvel, they were so content with owning the comic book genre for so long they let marvel slip up and take over, one can only dish out batman and superman all the time, push some new heroes out there
With the success of Deadpool, you’d think they’d get on board for lobo type stuff...definitely a market there.

With the success of Deadpool, you’d think they’d get on board for lobo type stuff...definitely a market there.
Lobo is such a bad ass character, physically I could see someone like Jason Mamoa playing him but they already cast him as aquaman
%D0%9B%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BE.jpg

I found a small stash of comics I had many years ago.

Superman #269 from 1973 is my oldest

My favourite is The Warlord

And I have a joke one called ‘Plop!’ From 1974

I used to read comics when I was younger, I remember having trouble with being able to read when I was 8 years old, and my mother started buying me Beano/Dandy comics, which are in England:

cf77bbba6ea68e1b27634d3ded0edd8f--childrens-comics-s-kids.jpg

I read these and collected the annuals for years.

I also read some more adult themed comics, Captain Britain and Judge Dredd;

images

I remember there being a Judge Dredd comic series in the 90s, it was like post-apocalyptic, and one of his friends had a missing arm, I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I remember reading it as a kid, it was badass.

How about you?
Beano and Dandy every now and then.

Thats about it for comic books.

I got to know the marvel and DC heros through their 90s cartoon shows: Spiderman (where he ran out of web every episode), X-Men, and Batman.

My Superman was Dean Cain.

Back