Comic Books You Read as a Kid?

Punisher, venom, carnage, and spawn. Read a lot of other stuff too.
Spawn was the first comic I actually collected. Before that I just had a few one off issues of Spiderman, Superman and Deadpool because the covers looked cool that I used as drawing aids.

Used to read tons of shit.
Marvel of course.
MAD magazine
Calvin and Hobbes

But I owe my sense of humour to this:

81GJlFHjkzL.jpg

I just recalled, because I never really considered it a “comic”, that I read a lot of Archie comics. They were always in the checkout line when I was a kid, never see them anymore.

I grew up in Asia, I read manga instead of comic books. I watched Dragonball anime much later in life, I mostly read the manga first as a kid.

caa2de1fb015b6cbd6a1775c358zqhz4.JPG

x720-Gza.jpg

D3NFeUS.jpg

These two I started reading after I become a teenager.
aspect-JXDN1r7fr9-650xauto.jpg

Hajime No Ippo, the author actually corners for professional boxers, so he actually know something about boxing.
VPCG-84955.jpg

I just recalled, because I never really considered it a “comic”, that I read a lot of Archie comics. They were always in the checkout line when I was a kid, never see them anymore.
That's probably because...
Archie's dead.

Last edited:
My dad was an avid comic reader from childhood till around the mid to late 90's. So we had boxes and boxes of comics, not kept in any sort of order so I would read through any that had a cool cover. I do remember seeking out GI Joe, TMNT & Simpsons comics for myself.

Check this dudes Comic Book Haul he only paid like 75 bucks for 70 comics and they gave him multiple Daredevils of the same issue in near mint to good condition he could sell a couple of those they are worth more than 20 to 30 bucks

he has a lot of good ass comics, that was a dope mystery box pick up, lots of good comics he paid 74 bucks but got a total worth way more than 70 bucks.

Check this dudes Comic Book Haul he only paid like 75 bucks for 70 comics and they gave him multiple Daredevils of the same issue in near mint to good condition he could sell a couple of those they are worth more than 20 to 30 bucks

he has a lot of good ass comics, that was a dope mystery box pick up, lots of good comics he paid 74 bucks but got a total worth way more than 70 bucks.

Funny, I had an ex-girlfriend like this. She didn't have a job for the longest time, she would stay at home buying and selling stocks ... she would say to me when I got home from work "I made 50 dollars today!!"

I'm like, ... I make 50 dollars every hour or so, sitting on my ass at work.

this was probaby my favorite comic. i read nearly every issue.

carnage-a.jpg

spawn and daredevil for me.

i grow up with this type of peter parker so im dissapointed by marvels kid version of peter parker in movies.

Peter+Parker.jpg

Read tons of marvel, dc and loved Archie

Comics were expensive tho, wish I grew up with today’s tech, where u can read any comic u want online

I collect records, I usually go to swap meets and antique stores..

So one fine Saturday I look over at the table left of me at the swap meet...

Tupperware full of original Spider-Man.

I bought them for 50 cents a piece and made almost 20k on them via eBay auctions.

I had issues 4-60 with holes here and there.. multiple copies of origin:

Kingpin
Rhino
Dr octopus
Etc.

I really should have had them graded but I went for the quick money.
One of my best finds ever.

Not bagging on dudes YouTube video but I had some comics in my stash that made the local comic book store close down for the day while we negotiated the big ones 1k-2k a piece.

Pretty much started here
latest

Then moved onto this and the other Punisher comics (War Journal etc.)
017PunCvr1.jpg

And this and his regular comics
latest

Also a lot of Spider-Man, Hulk and Avengers. I pretty much only read Marvel and then later on Dark Horse comics. I hated DC.
My bro has wolves #1 still..
Missing 3,4,8,9 and complete up to 280.

Oddly I didn't read comic books as a kid, but in adulthood I started. When I was younger it was manga and Playboy

Dang that batman vs predator, they need to make a movie on that

They also need a lobo movie for dc
The comic was such a dark read..
Bat and predator make an awesome match up..

Both hunters

Both gadget heavy

Both smart and calculated.

Was a damn good read.

I think Hollywood would destroy that though.

It would have to be very dark and macabre..I think they’d micheal bay that mofo..

Lobo would be a box office smash.

Dc really is sleeping/pushing the wrong characters...the flash.¿ lolol

7-1.jpg
lone-wolf-and-cub.jpg
< lone wolf and cub

also dragon ball. Good times. They used to give me solace and great stories. Taught me alot about life.

Back