Comic Books You Read as a Kid?

505103._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

What one do you read now
Lately The Beauty, but I think it may have been cancelled. Doomsday Clock has been very well done so far, for a "Big Two" superhero comic. Astro City is still great. Up until it got axed, The Black Hood was a good look into a "real world view" of what being a vigilante would be like. The Avengers arc "No Surrender" was also not bad for a Big Two superhero book. These days anything from Image is pretty much money. It's basically Vertigo in its prime, as far as content similarities.

Lately The Beauty, but I think it may have been cancelled. Doomsday Clock has been very well done so far, for a "Big Two" superhero comic. Astro City is still great. Up until it got axed, The Black Hood was a good look into a "real world view" of what being a vigilante would be like. The Avengers arc "No Surrender" was also not bad for a Big Two superhero book. These days anything from Image is pretty much money. It's basically Vertigo in its prime, as far as content similarities.

I haven't read any image in awhile. I think I'm gonna sign up on ComiXology. Catch up

The Jim Lee era Punisher.
65b9b08ee593f6de05f07f7b86b38b50--jim-lee-jim-orourke.jpg

Anything from Garth Ennis or Neil Gaimen
944029.jpg
4364e6cb2c404ba7e956aca5c6859093.png

I mostly collect some and never followed a series. I would buy mostly for the artwork so I could copy them. I had Infinity gauntlet, Infinity war, death of superman(which i traded for batman vs predator) and cyberforce. A couple of x series. I stopped buying them when I started drawing toriyama stuff.

Pretty much started here
latest

Then moved onto this and the other Punisher comics (War Journal etc.)
017PunCvr1.jpg

And this and his regular comics
latest

Also a lot of Spider-Man, Hulk and Avengers. I pretty much only read Marvel and then later on Dark Horse comics. I hated DC.

Last edited:
Most of the comics I read were from the Saturday Toronto Star.

These, I took more seriously.

Zits

content.php

Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin-and-Hobbes-Comic-Strips-calvin-and-hobbes-2509595-600-191.gif

And this one, I discovered online during the early UFC's. It's called ctrl-alt-del.

p7t3z4jylluy.jpg

I used to read comics when I was younger, I remember having trouble with being able to read when I was 8 years old, and my mother started buying me Beano/Dandy comics, which are in England:

cf77bbba6ea68e1b27634d3ded0edd8f--childrens-comics-s-kids.jpg

I read these and collected the annuals for years.

I also read some more adult themed comics, Captain Britain and Judge Dredd;

images

I remember there being a Judge Dredd comic series in the 90s, it was like post-apocalyptic, and one of his friends had a missing arm, I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I remember reading it as a kid, it was badass.

How about you?

Captain Britain????
You commie bastard

Captain Britain was a good read.

The story seemed to be set in this strange world, whereby humans live alongside all of these aliens/elvish looking creatures.

Some of the plotlines were cool, too. Evil twins, killings, new worlds and stuff ... it was pretty dark, but interesting.

Carl Barks taught me to read.

I read The Beano and The Dandy but my favourite was Tiger-had Roy of the Rovers, Billy’s Boots and Death Wish, 10 year old me couldn’t get enough of those...

I collected..

X-men
Big wolverine fan

But my favorite that I read over and over was.

upload_2018-6-17_9-29-22.jpeg

I grew up on the Beano and the dandy as well, as well as the various spin off annuals they did. Other than that I was an X-Men kid. Had tons of men comics including a lot of the limited edition ones they did. Also had the entire set of X-Men (x-fleet?) Cards.

Wolverine, The Maxx, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk.

Miniseries like 1982’s Wolverine, Sabertooth, Venom, Weapon X, etc.

I had hundreds of comics started buying in 1991 collected superman, x-men, iron man. Now I just read the new ones online

Back