Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

Anyone read Marvels Champions?

It’s a team of younger heroes and I have to admit the book isn’t pretty damn fun. If you’re a hard right winger you’ll hate the book because the cast is diverse and there is some SJW themes throughout but it sure is a fun title.

Amadeus Cho as the Hulk has been great. He’s a great character all together. He’s like a mix between a frat boy and one of the smartest people in the marvel universe.

Viv Vision is also a great new character as well.

Anyone else see the solicit in May that Kitty and Peter will be getting married.

Kitty was much better when she was kept away from that bore colossus. Can't believe they're going back to the well and now marrying them off. Boring and stale. Colossus is one of the most poorly written characters in comics. He's so poorly received they tried killing him many many times.

The only Marvel title im reading now is Old Man Hawkeye, which is legitimately great so far. Everything else is boring and tired.
The Thanos books is fantastic. Also, the Avengers is interesting again. And then there's the Infinity Countdown that has promise.

For the most part, I stick to DC, but there are a few Marvel titles worth checking out.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR Returns to Marvel Comics in a New Series from Dan Slott, Sara Pichelli

promo-1.jpg

Also they got one of the last remaining good artist in Marvel - Sara Pichelli.

The Thanos books is fantastic. Also, the Avengers is interesting again. And then there's the Infinity Countdown that has promise.

For the most part, I stick to DC, but there are a few Marvel titles worth checking out.

Got the first 3 issues of infinity and the last one was atrocious that im not picking any up.

thanos is fucking great and that writer is going to venom in may

He was part of a storyline in which he died. Then they brought over old man Logan after Secret Wars and are using X23 until Logan's comeback.

It's really not that scandalous if you think about it

In terms of why it is very scandalous. Because fox had all the rights by name of some of those characters they started to change the names so they would be forgotten. It was for this reason they got rid of FF4 but theyre coming back baby. Fuck fox

In terms of why it is very scandalous. Because fox had all the rights by name of some of those characters they started to change the names so they would be forgotten. It was for this reason they got rid of FF4 but theyre coming back baby. Fuck fox

I really don’t understand what you mean. “Changing characters names so they’re forgotten.” What does that mean

I really don’t understand what you mean. “Changing characters names so they’re forgotten.” What does that mean

since fox had the rights to certain characters they would change the name so fox didnt have the rights like old man logan doesnt go by wolverine. so they would take wolverine out of the comics and have him forever be old man logan.

hence fox would only be able to go by wolverine and his real name. Fox was also not allowed to use any given name to a story in the comics like age of apocalypse.

marvel was phasing the xmen out. they werent going to give fox free publicity for their characters

since fox had the rights to certain characters they would change the name so fox didnt have the rights like old man logan doesnt go by wolverine. so they would take wolverine out of the comics and have him forever be old man logan.

hence fox would only be able to go by wolverine and his real name. Fox was also not allowed to use any given name to a story in the comics like age of apocalypse.

marvel was phasing the xmen out. they werent going to give fox free publicity for their characters

Well Wolverine is arguably Marvels most popular character so no one was forgetting him. So I disagree with you there. Plus he was going to come back no matter what, it was just a matter of “when.”

Second Laura (X23) has been around for awhile now and her title is called ALL NEW WOLVERINE. So right there they aren’t getting rid of the name.

Now I do agree that the inhumans got a push over the X-men but that was hamfisted and wasn’t anything special outside a few brief titles or some interesting characters were created. But all in all it was nothing good.

I’d be happy to see the X-men get a push again.

I believe Hickman will return to Marvel and take over the X-men. He’ll do something magical with them like he did with the FF, Avengers and Secret Warriors

Well Wolverine is arguably Marvels most popular character so no one was forgetting him. So I disagree with you there. Plus he was going to come back no matter what, it was just a matter of “when.”

Second Laura (X23) has been around for awhile now and her title is called ALL NEW WOLVERINE. So right there they aren’t getting rid of the name.

Now I do agree that the inhumans got a push over the X-men but that was hamfisted and wasn’t anything special outside a few brief titles or some interesting characters were created. But all in all it was nothing good.

I’d be happy to see the X-men get a push again.

I believe Hickman will return to Marvel and take over the X-men. He’ll do something magical with them like he did with the FF, Avengers and Secret Warriors

There is nothing to disagree with. WHat i am telling you is facts and what marvel was doing. this was their plan. There was no end in sight for marvel to get their product back so this was there long plan. They were going to phase out all merchandise that fox had coming with their names on it. That would of been a huge blow to them.

I had an inside source on this and this plan was implemented about 5 years ago.

Its all moot though because marvel got there characters back

There is nothing to disagree with. WHat i am telling you is facts and what marvel was doing. this was their plan. There was no end in sight for marvel to get their product back so this was there long plan. They were going to phase out all merchandise that fox had coming with their names on it. That would of been a huge blow to them.

I had an inside source on this and this plan was implemented about 5 years ago.

They're not facts. Plus the Xmen books are all still ongoing. The mutants are the most important part of Uncanny Avengers. Plus there have been countless crossovers staring the Xmen. I already said I do believe they tried pushing the Xmen to the back burner to give the INHUMANS more spotlight. But to say they were erasing the names is the silliest thing I've ever heard. All the characters are around the entire marvel universe.

X23s book is literally called ALL NEW WOLVERINE. Plus wolverine is back anyway, which we all knew would happen eventually. So if they were trying to erase his name (lol) calling a book WOLVERINE seems strange.

They're not facts. Plus the Xmen books are all still ongoing. The mutants are the most important part of Uncanny Avengers. Plus there have been countless crossovers staring the Xmen. I already said I do believe they tried pushing the Xmen to the back burner to give the INHUMANS more spotlight. But to say they were erasing the names is the silliest thing I've ever heard. All the characters are around the entire marvel universe.

X23s book is literally called ALL NEW WOLVERINE. Plus wolverine is back anyway, which we all knew would happen eventually. So if they were trying to erase his name (lol) calling a book WOLVERINE seems strange.

Its facts i dont think you get it

he did and i explained to you what they did but for some reason youre being ignorant. Its ok though move on

I don't think you even read one of my responses to you. That's the problem here. No one denied the INHUMANS getting a push.

I disagreed when you said they tried to erase wolverines name. That's never happened

as much as i loved dc metal i was not satisfied with that ending. Seemed very rushed. They didnt even show how the hell all the batmen were defeated. It was but a glimpse. very unsatisfying

Back