Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

Marvel comics seem like they're having HUGE behind the scenes issues. A lot of shake ups are happening and it looks like Joe Quesada is being brought back into the publishing fold to correct the ship. His tenure as EIC was one marvels most successful eras.

The comics for the most part are tanking and they're overshipping their "diverse" characters to manipulate sales. But that doesn't equate to people buying the actual books. The diverse characters aren't even bad per se but the long time fans don't want them replacing characters

Marvel has steadily been losing all their top name writers and artists and are overworking people like Al Ewing who's a decent writer but can't sell a book to save his life.

Over the course of the last decade marvel has lost so many big name writers and even though MARVELNOW! Which for the most part was good can't seem to have a cohesive universe since Hickamns Secret Wars ended. With Hickman leaving the company that move spelled the end of successful run marvel had. Tony was going to be the face of Marvel and somehow they replaced him with riri Williams. Marvel dropped the ball big time by doing that.

GENERATIONS was meant to be the replacement of all the old school characters for their newer versions and since fan reaction was so poor after Secret Empire they had to rush out LEGACY, which was a last minute decision.
The push of the INHUMANS by Ike Perllmutter was and will conitue to be a huge blunder. People love the Xmen and marvel will just rehash old ideas so Fox can't use any new concepts. Same goes for the FF. That has been their business model.

tough times for marvel comics. Very tough times. I think they need to clean House, get rid off all their editors and get in New talent across the board. We've already seen Bendis and Axel Go and many more will be next imo.

Also stop letting Mark Waid write teenagers, he is old as fuck and has no clue.

Marvel is a movie company now, cookie cutter movie company, let's leave it at that

I'm not saying that's a bad thing by the way

Currently reading more DC than Marvel titles, and am legit excited for Doomsday Clock.
8CB17A44-1B78-4935-950F-DF4C18390670.jpeg

Brian Michael Bendis Leaves Marvel Comics and Joins DC Comics Exclusively

200.gif

He was marvels best selling writer for almost 10 years throughout one of their most prosperous eras

Big loss for marvel. They have no big names outside Aaron writing for them these days.

Everyone they have now cannot sell shit. Bendis at least sold. Huge loss for marvel. DC will reap the benefit now

Marvel is a movie company now, cookie cutter movie company, let's leave it at that

I'm not saying that's a bad thing by the way

The thing is what marvel has done with their MCU is unheard of in the movie business.

No one has ever done what MCU achieved. It's near impossible. Hell, DC can't even produce 1 good movie.

They actually deserve so much credit for what they've accomplished

Never read Mister Miracle before, but #1 by tom king was intriguing enough to follow up on.

Never read Mister Miracle before, but #1 by tom king was intriguing enough to follow up on.

Tom King is a very good writer. His Vision series was great and I'm readin MM only because he's in the title.

His Batman has been interesting as well. Marvel never should have let him go over to DC

Last edited:
bought Del'Otto dk3 #4 variant

jpq3pW5.jpg

I always spend too much when i go to a comic shop

Doomsday Clock was amazing. Can't wait to see what all it has in store.

MISTER MIRACLE #2-4: Im really interested in where this is going but i want it to start happening already. Enough of the coy, vague shit, and lets start advancing tthe plot. The art is great but i am getting a bit tired of the repetitive frames; theyll reuse the same image but just the tiniest alteration to give it some little quirk. It's lazy.

XO MAN'O'WAR #1: Not bad. Interesting even if it's cliched to start. The art is fantastic and the book quality is top notch. Im definitely going to pick up a few more.

DEADPOOL VS THE PUNISHER#4: Waste of time.

THANOS #3: My first Thanos issue and it was terrific. Great writing and art. My store didnt have the 1 and 2, so i guess ill buy the trade, then pick up the monthlys.

DEATHSTROKE #1: Priest got me interested with this one. how good does this get? should i buy the trade or go with singles?

Anyone have the unlimited comixology account? Seems worth it for just 6 dollars a month but most of the selection aint all that

Fuck Marvel. I collected Wolverine comics, almost exclusively, starting in 1988. After the 'Death of Wolverine' series where they had him killed off again so they could have half a dozen variants I'd almost had enough. Then the arseholes replaced him with a female character. They completely lost me as a customer and I must have about 1000 Marvel comics.

received this from a buddy, and am actually really enjoying it lol one page in particular in spoilers
Skeletor is telling She-Ra that he traveled to several different dimensions and saw himself losing to He-man over and over and over in every one, behind him telling this story is a picture collage/montage of every version of Skeletor, movies, comics, cartoons, AND EVEN A FRICKIN PICTURE OF HIS 80'S ACTION FIGURE. I popped and laughed my ass off.
eternity war.jpg

Fuck Marvel. I collected Wolverine comics, almost exclusively, starting in 1988. After the 'Death of Wolverine' series where they had him killed off again so they could have half a dozen variants I'd almost had enough. Then the arseholes replaced him with a female character. They completely lost me as a customer and I must have about 1000 Marvel comics.

They didn't replace him with a female character. X23 he been around for a very long time now.

If anything he was replaced with OLD MAN LOGAN, who has played a fairly big role since they brought him into the 616.

Also the "real wolverine" is coming back soon. He was never replaced just put on the shelf for these stories.

Anyone catch the lBatman Annual #2 Date Nights | Last Rights? Real tear-jerker. Fantastic story by King.

They didn't replace him with a female character. X23 he been around for a very long time now.

If anything he was replaced with OLD MAN LOGAN, who has played a fairly big role since they brought him into the 616.

Also the "real wolverine" is coming back soon. He was never replaced just put on the shelf for these stories.

C'mon dude you know what I meant. They failed to continue a male 'Wolverine' comic and pushed the female character into it's absence in the hope of garnering new (SJW) readers. You may have noticed Marvel doing this type of thing across many of their characters, no?

C'mon dude you know what I meant. They failed to continue a male 'Wolverine' comic and pushed the female character into it's absence in the hope of garnering new (SJW) readers. You may have noticed Marvel doing this type of thing across many of their characters, no?

What are you talking about. X23 was wildly popular before the SJW thing even came out. She appeared in many many comics and even has a fantastic origin story and mini series.

And old man Logan is the de facto wolverine in the 616. And real Logan will be coming back.

This is one instance where the SJW thing is not true.

Back