Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

If you dudes missed Superheroes Decoded on History Channel tonight (4/30). Check out parts 1 & 2 tomorrow night (5/1) starting 7pm EST. Or watch it on their app.

Good stuff.

Bump. Tune in and learn your roots.

Bump. Tune in and learn your roots.

I watched it last night man. Not bad at all.

I wish they would've covered the 70s in a little more depth. I don't know That much about that comic book era

Last edited:
I watched it last night man. Not bad at all.

I wish they would've covered the 70s in s little more depth. I don't know. I have about thst comic book era

Part two is tonight covering more social issues to modern age I believe.

So Kirkman actually killed off an OG instead of another predictable false flag. Kudos.

Now that GotG v2 is out. How dumb do you think all the folks that snatched up Darkhawk comics at a premium feel right now?

For the past few months leading up, there was an uptick in Dark Hawk due to his action figure being released under the GotG banner. Some had even thought it was gonna be Stallone. Not even folks associated with the movie saying that DH was not in the movie could dissuade the speculation.

I guess it's back to the dollar bin for ol' Dark Hawk now.

Anyone read Secret Empire 1 yet.

Have to admit it's a very well written, tightly plotted book with amazing art work. So on the technical level this comic book it's damn good.

The only problem is I don't care about the storyline of Cap being a hydra agent alol The way back to WW2. Let's not forget somehow Thor has bought into being a fascist on hydras side.

Also imo the entire thing will revert back to status quo once the cosmic cube is used.

Anyone read Secret Empire 1 yet.

Have to admit it's a very well written, tightly plotted book with amazing art work. So on the technical level this comic book it's damn good.

The only problem is I don't care about the storyline of Cap being a hydra agent alol The way back to WW2. Let's not forget somehow Thor has bought into being a fascist on hydras side.

Also imo the entire thing will revert back to status quo once the cosmic cube is used.

Loved it. Marvel basically said as, much in a statement to ABC News. Stupid bastards.

I stumbled upon a Superman artwork yesterday and was very impressed. I didn't recognize the artist (Jorge Jimenez) and decided to google some of his artwork. Wow. He's now one of my favorite artist (even though I haven't read yet any of the books he has worked on).

DB1Vv1uW0AEmcEs.jpg:large

Here are a few samples of his work:

21e0fe832d487d13a688f6dfca3feca0.jpg

c370b0eaeef07252f2507a24a0b80594.jpg

tumblr_o7rdkxPLLW1uh6b6ro1_1280.jpg

EARTH2SOC_Cv9.jpg

a13aedbc08e9874604d373774d6064d3.jpg

279351bb32d040017d8f7a485333fa7d.jpg

1039238aed7f7af9894673257ebb1732.jpg

82155f129866bf022910fac55116ba79.jpg

@Anung Un Rama

I stumbled upon a Superman artwork yesterday and was very impressed. I didn't recognize the artist (Jorge Jimenez) and decided to google some of his artwork. Wow. He's now one of my favorite artist (even though I haven't read yet any of the books he has worked on).

DB1Vv1uW0AEmcEs.jpg:large

Here are a few samples of his work:

21e0fe832d487d13a688f6dfca3feca0.jpg

c370b0eaeef07252f2507a24a0b80594.jpg

tumblr_o7rdkxPLLW1uh6b6ro1_1280.jpg

EARTH2SOC_Cv9.jpg

a13aedbc08e9874604d373774d6064d3.jpg

279351bb32d040017d8f7a485333fa7d.jpg

1039238aed7f7af9894673257ebb1732.jpg

82155f129866bf022910fac55116ba79.jpg

@Anung Un Rama

Some of those are sharp. He reminds me of somebody, but can't place it. He gave Supes downs in 2 of those images.

Does he draw any cool interesting characters, or just DC?
@prod2821

He reminds me of a cross between Olivier Coipel and Joe Madureira.
More Humberto Ramos than Joe Mad. I do see Olivier, too, but also something else. He's got a few things going on. Is he young/ just starting out?

More Humberto Ramos than Joe Mad. I do see Olivier, too, but also something else. He's got a few things going on. Is he young/ just starting out?
Oh yeah I can see a little of Humberto Ramos in there as well. There's a smidge of Kevin Nowlan in Jorge's style for me as well.

Yeah, Jorge's relatively young. I think I have read some of his earlier works in Justice Society. I was super impressed with the artist back then and I think that might be him.

jorgefoto.jpg

Oh yeah I can see a little of Humberto Ramos in there as well. There's a smidge of Kevin Nowlan in Jorge's style for me as well.

Yeah, Jorge's relatively young. I think I have read some of his earlier works in Justice Society. I was super impressed with the artist back then and I think that might be him.

jorgefoto.jpg
I figured, from the sampled you provided it looked like he was still refining his style. Not to say he's not awesome already, just noticing some inconsistencies (more Ramos here, more Yu there, etc).
Really cool.

I can definitely see some Ramos, especially in the Superboy/Robin shot. Maybe a bit of Alan Davis in the posing too, except with more exaggerated/cartoony physiques.

Maaaan Sorrentino's art is longer featured in Old Man Logan and while I like Deodato's style quite a bit, it's just not going to be the same.

Lemire's no longer crafting the story either, which is a shame. Hoping this title can stay golden.

Already losing Silver Surfer at issue #14. :(:oops::confused::mad:

Was pleasantly surprised last week when a guy at the LCS slipped in Allred's Mary Jane cover to Avengers in my pull tab, debated on getting it until I saw Noto's doing the interior art, and he's great. Allllso Noto is following up a story arc that was arted up by del Mundo, who is also great, while the whole Avengers thing is being written by Waid. So hey, ya got me on Avengers for now, Marvel.

***And crap, OML looks just like overmuscled, big goofy haired Wolverine of old now just with grey hair.

Last edited:
Back