Comey Agrees To Testify Before The Senate Intelligence Committee

Rational Poster

Actually the Best Poster
@plutonium
Reaction score

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/19/52920...tify-before-the-senate-intelligence-committee

Former FBI Director James Comey has agreed to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in an open session.

"The Committee looks forward to receiving testimony from the former Director on his role in the development of the Intelligence Community Assessment on Russian interference in the 2016 US elections, and I am hopeful that he will clarify for the American people recent events that have been broadly reported in the media," Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., said in a statement released Friday evening.

Comey's highly anticipated testimony, which will be slated after the Memorial Day congressional recess, comes after he was fired by Trump May 9 amid a mounting investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 election and possible ties between Trump campaign associates and that country.

This guy is fucking huge.

He's not going to be able to comment on open investigations, unfortunately. I expect this won't amount to much of anything, except maybe confirming that Trump "suggested" they take it easy on Flynn.

Lip service to the highest degree should be expected.

He's not going to be able to comment on open investigations, unfortunately. I expect this won't amount to much of anything, except maybe confirming that Trump "suggested" they take it easy on Flynn.
Just a gut feeling, but my guess is that the obstruction of justice charge is the best chance of pinning something on Trump.

Unless they get him to testify, in which case I'll be laying some cash down on a perjury charge.

I'm sure that this will DEFINITIVELY but this whole scandal to rest.

lol-clip-art-lol-clip-art-at-clipartnet-com-vector-clip-art-online-royalty-free-600x451_4a0dc2.png

moglie-trump-melania-rompipallone-16.jpg

Just a gut feeling, but my guess is that the obstruction of justice charge is the best chance of pinning something on Trump.

Unless they get him to testify, in which case I'll be laying some cash down on a perjury charge.
It's not quite enough to get the party to turn on him though. The party is still in chaos and they're only going to turn on Trump based on the 2018 midterms. Unless he pulls something so egregious that he puts votes in jeopardy, they're going to keep thinking (like Ryan) that they can ignore/hide his complete lack of ethics and sneak through a few bills for their donors. They still haven't learned that Trump is too much of a wild card to be manipulated effectively.

Getting Trump to go under oath is going to be almost impossible. So what if the legislature holds him in contempt? He will just ignore them and they won't do squat about it. I think we're still a major scandal away from impeachment (bigger than a Comey firing), and even then it's unlikely he'll be convicted.

And it's such a shame for Democrats with short memories, that Comey already testified that there had been no effort made by anyone to impede his investigation.

Unless Comey is willing to admit that he lied under oath, good luck with this amounting to jack and/or shit.

And it's such a shame for Democrats with short memory, that Comey already testified that there had been no effort made by anyone to impede his investigation.

Unless Comey is willing to admit that he lied under oath, good luck with this amounting to jack and/or shit.

#1 Comey never said that, it was Andrew McCabe.

#2 No one is under oath at Senate hearings. You would know this if you ever watched one.

And it's such a shame for Democrats with short memory, that Comey already testified that there had been no effort made by anyone to impede his investigation.

The other side of that is Comey was specifically talking about the justice department in that statement. Though you'd think that would be a pretty perfect time to bring up the fact that the President was interfering with the investigation. I don't think it's going to lead to an impeachment, but we'll see.

The other side of that is Comey was specifically talking about the justice department in that statement. Though you'd think that would be a pretty perfect time to bring up the fact that the President was interfering with the investigation. I don't think it's going to lead to an impeachment, but we'll see.

Personally, I believe Comey is a Republican. He was doing his best not to implicate Trump while still pursuing this.

But Trump is too dumb for his own good.

I said watch the hearing. Don't watch someone else watch it for you.

Can you show me the part where he's sworn in?

I've seen the whole thing and I couldn't find it.

I'm pretty sure the conditions of a congressional hearing, is that you don't lie.

So what is it Irrational Pedophile Defender? Was Comey lying? Was it okay, because he was allowed to lie? Will he not lie now? Are you only willing to accept this buffoon's word, when it lines up with your beliefs?

Tool.

People that tall are just odd and freaky to me.

Like uber manlets it's just odd

Sure he is an okay guy though.

I'm pretty sure the conditions of a congressional hearing, is that you don't lie.

So what is it Irrational Pedophile Defender? Was Comey lying? Was it okay, because he was allowed to lie? Will he not lie now? Are you only willing to accept this buffoon's word, when it lines up with your beliefs?

Tool.

I think on 5/3, Comey was lying to protect his boss because he's a Republican.

Back