Combat Jiu Jitsu on EBI

vcmmafan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fucking entertaining as hell

First match I'm sold

First match was fun. Second match had its moments too. Can't wait for the final.

Def gonna have an all cjj event after tonight's seemingly successful results

The whole event was really good, both bjj and cjj. I expect more mma guys entering in the next invitational.

The whole event was really good, both bjj and cjj. I expect more mma guys entering in the next invitational.
I was actually let down with the regular grappling last night. I didn't even finish the event. it dragged on forever and it seemed like a lot of overtime and a lot of overtime that ended by escape times. I thought Gordon Ryan and cjj were the most fun aspects of the night. Akbari and Taza getting injured hurt the event.

I was actually let down with the regular grappling last night. I didn't even finish the event. it dragged on forever and it seemed like a lot of overtime and a lot of overtime that ended by escape times. I thought Gordon Ryan and cjj were the most fun aspects of the night. Akbari and Taza getting injured hurt the event.

Fair enough, yeah the injuries were a bummer I have to agree. I was rooting for Boogey to at least be in the finals again but alas.

Fair enough, yeah the injuries were a bummer I have to agree. I was rooting for Boogey to at least be in the finals again but alas.
Boogey is a mystery to me. I sometimes can't figure out what he's trying to do. It looked like he tried both an arm triangle and rubber guard from the bottom of side control? I know he likes omoplatas and japanese neckties but beyond that I don't know much about his game.

Was ebi on last night? What weight class was it?

I think it's cool but a niche thing.

TBH I love MMA and I love grappling. I don't wanna watch slap-grappling.

They say it's real world specific grappling but there's no standing strikes and the random guy on the street knows 0 grappling technique.

I will watch it if it's on an EBI card like last night but I probably won't watch an all slapling event. Just my opinion I know some people enjoyed it.

people are adapting their skill set to the rule set. Happens in all these sports

as rulesets go it is quite silly. But damn, it was fun!

Ebi was kind've a snooze fest alot of dudes stalling but like the Ufc not every card can be great but their were some nice moves like a kimura from a mounted triangle postion sub and a few twister attempts I don't know alot about jitz I just watch it to learn alittle and for fun but It seems Ebi is best when they get kind've experienced grapplers purple? belts vs black belts.... but the last the Ebi was fun alot nice moves, as to Combat jitz it was ok but the crowd seemed to be in to it

Is this the one where you can bitchslap people in the guard?

I dont see the point of it. It doesnt give you an advantage because slapping doesnt hurt,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back