Colts player killed by drunk "immigrant" wanted for deportation

lol, i honestly dont know that id see it that way. to me, it would just be a drunk driver. if it was a native born citizen who did it, would you sit around thinking about..."ohhhh....if that person had only been born in state X rather than in my state, billy would still be alive"???

This is so dumb. Of course nobody would be thinking about what could've prevented a legal citizen from driving drunk in the country, in terms of where they came from.

What don't you understand? The guy shouldn't have been in the country in the first place. That is the root of the problem. Why are you trying to deflect that very simple fact so hard? If he isn't in the country illegally, he doesn't get behind the wheel wasted in America, and kill an American citizen. What the fuck don't you get about that?

Likening potheads and jaywalkers to a hit and run drunk driver that caused two people to lose their lives. Politics aside you are an insane person

What you expect from a BP agent smh

Imagine these guys running around Upstate NY with a full hard on for any Native American leaving the reservation.

Your Border Patrol ass is more of an immigrant than most immigrants but yet they stalk our reservations like WE dont belong.

Last edited:
This is so dumb. Of course nobody would be thinking about what could've prevented a legal citizen from driving drunk in the country, in terms of where they came from.

What don't you understand? The guy shouldn't have been in the country in the first place. That is the root of the problem. Why are you trying to deflect that very simple fact so hard? If he isn't in the country illegally, he doesn't get behind the wheel wasted in America, and kill an American citizen. What the fuck don't you get about that?

i guess we disagree on the root of the problem, as you say. guy shouldnt have been driving drunk, like so many others. and what is the point of the thread? is this a common problem among illegals?

The article doesn't actually say that he entered the US illegally, and I think the majority of those on the left are against illegal entry. Furthermore, I'd say they're also against people overstaying their visas.

It only says that he is wanted for deportation; we don't know why that is.
That is true I was thinking he’s an illegal but he may be wanted in Mexico for something and has a requested deportation. He had no driver license but should wait to see if he was illegal or legal.

to stop drunk drivers, or drunk uber drivers?

yea, thats an issue....but i dont see how it truly relates to this story in the op.

fair enough, but i think the public has more of a chance to change a culture in policing (if it even needs changing) than it does to control whether people drive drunk or not. the punishments for drunk driving are about as steep as they can reasonably be made already. and if the TS had cited some sort of evidence that illegals are contributing to this problem in some sort of unusual way, that might be a topic worth discussing imo.

we do?

no it isnt. this particular drunk driver was singled out for being an illegal, to make a larger point.

lol, i honestly dont know that id see it that way. to me, it would just be a drunk driver. if it was a native born citizen who did it, would you sit around thinking about..."ohhhh....if that person had only been born in state X rather than in my state, billy would still be alive"???
Well not sure if he was legal or not just because he is wanted for deportation as I was reading, I read this on ESPN earlier and of course no mentioned about deportation issues and all that but that doesn’t mean we know. I see your points but it’s not like this all is a new discussion. If someone was from another state and wanted for something unlawful and some elected officials along with public go out of their way to protect them by policies or actions they should feel some kind of way about billy?

RIP. Cases like this are why I'm sickened by the concept of "sanctuary cities".

If a guy was from Afghan and a embedded territorial came to US illegally blows up half someone I don’t think it would be the same discussion...all signs point to this guy is an illegal. I’m posting a lot in this thread lol I guess because from southern Arizona and like to see illegal immigration be tackled for once.

or if he wasnt driving drunk. One of those seems like the more direct problem.

Actually, him being deported would, by far, be the surer way to see that this never happened

Was the white person an illegal immigrant who shouldn't have been in the country in the first place?

I can't believe how willfully thick some of you are being about this.

I'm not being willfully thick. I support stemming the flow of immigrants in some cases.

I'm pointing out the weakness of the connection. It's generally the connection that is made all the time about immigrants and crime. Essentially, just because an immigrant did X doesn't mean we should ban all immigrants.

Get subtle with your shit or GTFO.

well.....citizens should stop hiring them.

are they truly more violent or dangerous than our native born? there are good arguments against illegal immigration, im just not sure that this is one of them.

People getting killed is not a good argument?
They all come hear because of help wanted signs?
Are they more violent? Yes, statistically many of these central American countries are the leading murder capitals in the world.

Scary way of thinking you got going on there....

Tragedy.

Not ready to label all illegal immigrants as drunk drivers, though.

Some of the posters are playing dumb because they don’t have a strong point of view on this I think. They should be intellectually honest though or why post. I think they want all the border crossers to have a chance at a better life and in return it helps the left get votes but they have to accept with that position things like this will happen. Their should be common ground, enforce the feds regulations and law and have legal immigration as there is nothing wrong with wanting a better life. I think the more and more we hear of things like this people are going to slowly going harder and harder on immigration and that’s how you get Trump. There could be a Trump 2.0 out there not on nobodies radar .......

They are not playing dumb , they are either everything anti Trump, have some personal connections to illegals, or anti American
The population of people in the United States who don't identity as American is growing to a dangerous level

I'm not being willfully thick. I support stemming the flow of immigrants in some cases.

I'm pointing out the weakness of the connection. It's generally the connection that is made all the time about immigrants and crime. Essentially, just because an immigrant did X doesn't mean we should ban all immigrants.

Get subtle with your shit or GTFO.

Ah' yes, the old "let's pretend this guy means all 'immigrants', and not 'illegal immigrants'" lefty play.

Again, you're being willfully thick, because God forbid you say anything bad about illegal immigrants committing crimes that involve the deaths of American citizens.

There is no weakness in making the connection that if this illegal immigrant was not in the country, and deported like he was WANTED for, this would not have happened.

People getting killed is not a good argument?

is this some sort of trend? is there an unusual amount of immigrants killing people when compared to the native pop? i actually dont know.

They all come hear because of help wanted signs?

thats why they came here. currently, there is a net-out migration, though.

Are they more violent? Yes, statistically many of these central American countries are the leading murder capitals in the world.

so.....are the violent ones coming here, or staying in latin american countries for the most part? how do you know?

from what i understand, NAFTA put mexican farmers in competition with american factory farms. the results are predictable. so from what i understand, that is the main demographic of people who are coming here. ms13 and the like come too, but are they the majority?

Scary way of thinking you got going on there....

meh. there are arguments against immigration of all kinds. i dont know that this is one, though. with each major historic wave of immigration to the US, there have been hysterics. the irish were all allegedly anarchists and thieves. communists etc etc. some truth to it, just like the OP, but for the most part it was just people coming here to find work.

Yeah it's fascinating. This is why I hate politics. Its strictly left vs right for most hardcores. Headline: Illegal immigrant wanted for deportation runs over group of kids waiting at bus stop. Lefty: well that's sad but it could have been anyone driving that car. His immigration status had nothing to do with it.
So, in this case, it appears he may have been in the country legally but driving without a license. How does that fit in your narrative?

It's an unfortunate story but the illegal immigrant angle really is irrelevant. It's a drunk driver story and a sad loss of life. Making it about illegals badly misses the point.

So, in this case, it appears he may have been in the country legally but driving without a license. How does that fit in your narrative?

It's consistent, too many Americans drive without licenses. Whether they never got one or they've had it revoked for any number of reasons. Traffic court is filled with such reprobates.

is this some sort of trend? is there an unusual amount of immigrants killing people when compared to the native pop? i actually dont know.

thats why they came here. currently, there is a net-out migration, though.

so.....are the violent ones coming here, or staying in latin american countries for the most part? how do you know?

from what i understand, NAFTA put mexican farmers in competition with american factory farms. the results are predictable. so from what i understand, that is the main demographic of people who are coming here. ms13 and the like come too, but are they the majority?

meh. there are arguments against immigration of all kinds. i dont know that this is one, though. with each major historic wave of immigration to the US, there have been hysterics. the irish were all allegedly anarchists and thieves. communists etc etc. some truth to it, just like the OP, but for the most part it was just people coming here to find work.

Now there needs to be a trend?
In 2018 first world countries should not have illegals. Especially gangs of them like ms13 and the amount in the current prison population.

Whats worse about all this, its stalling the nation to grow, prosper , and evolve .

Up until 25 years ago America was a fast evolving country . The infrastructure the technology always the newest and best.

Today now that money and efforts are diverted elsewhere , the growing has stopped .

Prime example . By be they let in hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied minors without testing the number of school seats or school size.
The results are a mad dash to buy trailer park classrooms to accommodate the increase.

Now schools are over filled, the trailer park classrooms on the football fields look 3rd world.

And the real citizen student suffers , money hasto be diverted , teaching strategies are different .

That is going backwards.

Because of illegal immigration there are now gangs. And money has to be used to combat this new element .

Instead of money and resources going to the prosperity and growth of the country . It now has to go to other areas.

This has stalled the positive growth of America in the last 25 years.

And you can see that directly in the failing infrastructure of the country .

Too many people using roads and bridges today, that will ever contribute to their maintenance

That’s not completely true. I remember working in Denver one time in an area that was full of illegals. Some of them drove like maniacs. A Mexican guy was there with me & he was going off on how crazy some of the illegals were driving. He was the one who told me they were illegals. There is some truth to your point though, because a lot of black people in downtown St. Louis drive the same way.

I’m fairly certain that area in Denver was full of gang members or drug dealers or something. The vibe I got was they were from lawless areas of Mexico. Place was sketchy.

Like I said, labeling as Mexicans and blacks is just dumb. All humans of different ethic groups have sketchy people. Negative traits lives in all humans.

Back