Colten Boushie murder trial

Oh good grief
goodgrief2-300x297.jpg

If this was South Africa I wouldn't have a problem with a farmer killing a trespasser because of the masses of farm murders there.

But in Canada?

Should have just called the cops on the man if he was worried that he was up to no good.

I'm actually okay with someone using a reasonable amount of force to prevent a HIGHLY intoxicated person from driving.

If this was South Africa I wouldn't have a problem with a farmer killing a trespasser because of the masses of farm murders there.

But in Canada?

Should have just called the cops on the man if he was worried that he was up to no good.
This was a small town. If you're going to call 911 that someone just trespassed your property and one has a rifle might as well suggest to the operator to bring on an ambulance as well.

But in Canada?

I currently live in Southern Saskatchewan, which can feel similar enough to Biggar, where this took place. My nearest RCMP detachment is 100 kms north and is run by a skeleton crew. Barring a random patrol in my area, police response time is an hour in a best case scenario.

I currently live in Southern Saskatchewan, which can feel similar enough to Biggar, where this took place. My nearest RCMP detachment is 100 kms north and is run by a skeleton crew. Barring a random patrol in my area, police response time is an hour in a best case scenario.

I don't think many people appreciate that northern Canada has some of the lowest population density on the planet.

I don't think many people appreciate that northern Canada has some of the lowest population density on the planet.

Saskatchewan has just over a million people spread out over a land mass that's almost as big as Texas.

How close do people think police are to remote towns?

Call the cops and then wait at least an hour or longer while a group of suspicious people with a gun try to steal your stuff. That sounds like a great idea.

Nobody has to pay? Tax-payers are paying ridiculous amounts of money in order to maintain the first nations lifestyle of not working and crying victim. The monthly apologies, the payouts and the virtue signalling are only making things worse. It is time to end the treaties, the payouts, the apologies and the reserve system and start the assimilation process. Most of the people living in Canada these days were not even born in this country.

A PM actually needs to stand up and explain that a vast majority of the demands - better access to education, health services, infrastructure, etc. - will never be met, simply because it's too expensive. The Canadian tax payer will not pay for 4.3% of the population to live a middle-class life style in areas of the country that are mostly deserted.

The indigenous population needs to realize that the treaties they signed (and continue to demand to be uphold indefinitely) were the biggest cuck-job the white settlers ever played on the natives. "Yea sure, you can hunt and fish on this little piece of land, but only if you stay on this even smaller piece of land and basically just stay away from us. We won't even charge you rent."

Expel the notion that just because "we were here first" means you have a righteous claim to the entire continent. Where exactly were you first? A section of what is now New Brunswick? An island off the coast of BC? A tiny spec of land in the massive frozen tundra? Fact: natives in what is now Nova Scotia had absolutely zero idea that anything beyond NS even existed, and the same can be said for all other tribes. They didn't have horses and were at stone age development levels, communication across great distances or travel wasn't something that was possible. There was no "Canadian" native identity. There were small tribes, occupying relatively small areas of land. How can you steal a continent if there's nobody who can lay a reasonable claim to it? White settlers didn't treat the native population overly kindly, but that was the name of the game back then: expand and conquer.

You can't just cherry pick parts of the modern experience, like a well developed system of international laws and a Canadian native identity that only formed relatively recently, and then apply those concepts to things that happened hundreds of years ago. Yes, we get it, everyone was racist 200 years ago. Yes, the children of those settlers owe you something, but it's not to provide indefinite compensation for crimes committed hundreds of years ago, and certainly not for stealing a continent nobody living on the continent at the time even knew existed. Canada needs to open its doors to its natives population, but they can't ever walk through it if they continue to tie themselves to the self destructive system of treaties and reserves.

A PM actually needs to stand up and explain that a vast majority of the demands - better access to education, health services, infrastructure, etc. - will never be met, simply because it's too expensive. The Canadian tax payer will not pay for 4.3% of the population to live a middle-class life style in areas of the country that are mostly deserted.

The indigenous population needs to realize that the treaties they signed (and continue to demand to be uphold indefinitely) were the biggest cuck-job the white settlers ever played on the natives. "Yea sure, you can hunt and fish on this little piece of land, but only if you stay on this even smaller piece of land and basically just stay away from us. We won't even charge you rent."

Expel the notion that just because "we were here first" means you have a righteous claim to the entire continent. Where exactly were you first? A section of what is now New Brunswick? An island off the coast of BC? A tiny spec of land in the massive frozen tundra? Fact: natives in what is now Nova Scotia had absolutely zero idea that anything beyond NS even existed, and the same can be said for all other tribes. They didn't have horses and were at stone age development levels, communication across great distances or travel wasn't something that was possible. There was no "Canadian" native identity. There were small tribes, occupying relatively small areas of land. How can you steal a continent if there's nobody who can lay a reasonable claim to it? White settlers didn't treat the native population overly kindly, but that was the name of the game back then: expand and conquer.

You can't just cherry pick parts of the modern experience, like a well developed system of international laws and a Canadian native identity that only formed relatively recently, and then apply those concepts to things that happened hundreds of years ago. Yes, we get it, everyone was racist 200 years ago. Yes, the children of those settlers owe you something, but it's not to provide indefinite compensation for crimes committed hundreds of years ago. Canada needs to open its doors to its natives population, but they can't ever walk through it if they continue to tie themselves to the self destructive system of treaties and reserves.

latest

You can't just cherry pick parts of the modern experience, like a well developed system of international laws and a Canadian native identity that only formed relatively recently, and then apply those concepts to things that happened hundreds of years ago. Yes, we get it, everyone was racist 200 years ago. Yes, the children of those settlers owe you something, but it's not to provide indefinite compensation for crimes committed hundreds of years ago, and certainly not for stealing a continent nobody living on the continent at the time even knew existed. Canada needs to open its doors to its natives population, but they can't ever walk through it if they continue to tie themselves to the self destructive system of treaties and reserves.
Amazing

5 assholes came onto someone's property and started stealing shit and ransacking the place, and somehow they are victims? What happened to being polite and asking to use a phone or asking for help?

I absolutely LOL'd @ this gem, "A witness from the SUV testified that he tried to start the ATV, but denied any intent to steal it."

Why are you trying to start an ATV that belongs to someone else if you aren't trying to steal it?

The jury got it right. Just imagine being at home and 5 young, strong and out of control drunk men come onto your property with a gun. For fucks sake.

This, for such obvious reasons. There is no where in Western society where people running around stealing (whether as a group or individuals) don't automatically declare themselves to be a drain a society. Removing them from society is a net gain.

Life is super easy in the 1st world, if you're not a piece of shit.

You'd be amazed at who these 5 "kids" are associated to...a little google might help...

But in Canada?

There's a thread about exactly the situation you describe. All that was done was calling the cops, just as you recommend: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/j...nnot-stop-him-from-drinking-homebrew.3689305/

With some searching you can even find video footage of the outcome.

What an absolute clusterfuck this has been.

Shame on Trudeau for throwing Stanley, the jurors and everyone else involved under the bus. Hey asshole - you don't have all the facts, you weren't privy to the information that the jurors were. This cumstain basically painted these people as racists in front of the entire world. Ugh I can't stand this guy.

I feel Stanley should have been guilty of SOMETHING, but it's not his fault they brought him up on the wrong charges.

All I hear people say is "things need to change"... like what? What SPECIFICALLY do you change about the legal system in regards to Indigenous? They want more Indigenous in the jurors box, basically saying that white people are inherently incapable to caring about the life of a minority. Ughhh. So Indigenous people on a jury of a high profile case are not going to be pressured to side with the "home team", regardless of the facts? Ughh. Why are we so retarded?

Back