Colten Boushie murder trial

As a Saskatchewan resident I've seen the bad side of both white and native people. Bottom line it was a tragedy that could have been avoided

You should never assume another man's trigger discipline, nor should you ever willingly put yourself in situations where you have to.

That should be the focus of FN peoples in the aftermath of all this, instead of trying to change the legal system to make he best possible outcome for criminals when they committing crimes.

Displacing blame for the actions of grown men is a horrible attitude to take in terms of salvaging any good lessons from this tragedy.

The culture of criminal impunity (at least in rural Sask), combined with a generational hopelessness that has kept them as the most disaffected demographic in Canada has given them the highest incarceration rates, highest rates of teen pregnancy, and astounding rates of suicide and sexual abuse...those realities cultivated of the mindset that led to Colton and his friends into that farmers life. Not racism (At least not solely). Not the farmer who was minding his own business trying to make a living. That farmer didn't wake up that morning with the specific intent to kill to the first Native he saw. He was put in that situation.

Those attribute can be fixed, but before they can there has to be an acknowledgement of at least some accountability from their leadership, which in my opinion is corrupt as hell.http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/liard-first-nation-letter-allegations-fraud-1.4150765
And racism can be convenient squid-ink to cover for that kind of wilful incompetence.

As a person of Nigerian descent I can relate to the angst: Racism sucks when it happens.
It truly truly does. My seven years out in BC was an eye-opener: Even some of the hipsters i knew were calling them chugs behind their backs. But why let yourself be defined by another persons wrong opinion of you? Visualize yourself doing a powerhouse kickout, and rage yourself in furtherance of a better life, instead of whining to Trudeau (who is a goof btw.)

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that nobody talks about the facts of the case. They are not stated in the "news" coverage. Those who are most enraged apparently do not even know what happened. They talk about the guy who was just "on someone's property" and "looking for help" without mentioning he was part of a group of drunk people who tried stealing a truck and had started up an ATV. If they do admit that theft had something to do with the incident, they claim that nobody deserves to be killed over property, without mentioning that the guys party had a rifle and that the farmer and his son had been run down with the SUV. The only facts that matter are race and death. For some people, it is always "murder" for a white to kill an aboriginal person, so they don't care about details.

Yea, very similar to the Trayvon case. Where the commenters who seem the most emotionally invested in the case didn't follow the facts of the case at all outside of initial media reports, and are focused only on the racial aspects. Shit I still talk to people about Trayvon sometimes who think he was shot while holding a bag of Skittles.

Both cases were tragedies, and both could have been avoided with better decisions made on both sides. This Boushie sounds like a shithead but I'm still sad that he lost his life, because he could have turned things around. Stanley doesn't seem to be anywhere near as big a pos as Zimmerman, but still I wish I didn't blast this kid in the head. That being said, I wasn't the one who was put in the situation that he was. Sad situation all around, but I don't see how it should lead to any sweeping changes of our legal system.

Then the trial should have been moved. No way was that guy going to get convicted by a jury of his buddies. Its easy to understand the anger by the natives. Once again they get screwed over and nobody has to pay

th

Ahayayaya hayahayya hayayayayaaaa

You should never assume another man's trigger discipline, nor should you ever willingly put yourself in situations where you have to.

That should be the focus of FN peoples in the aftermath of all this, instead of trying to change the legal system to make he best possible outcome for criminals when they committing crimes.

Displacing blame for the actions of grown men is a horrible attitude to take in terms of salvaging any good lessons from this tragedy.

The culture of criminal impunity (at least in rural Sask), combined with a generational hopelessness that has kept them as the most disaffected demographic in Canada has given them the highest incarceration rates, highest rates of teen pregnancy, and astounding rates of suicide and sexual abuse...those realities cultivated of the mindset that led to Colton and his friends into that farmers life. Not racism (At least not solely). Not the farmer who was minding his own business trying to make a living. That farmer didn't wake up that morning with the specific intent to kill to the first Native he saw. He was put in that situation.

Those attribute can be fixed, but before they can there has to be an acknowledgement of at least some accountability from their leadership, which in my opinion is corrupt as hell.http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/liard-first-nation-letter-allegations-fraud-1.4150765
And racism can be convenient squid-ink to cover for that kind of wilful incompetence.

As a person of Nigerian descent I can relate to the angst: Racism sucks when it happens.
It truly truly does. My seven years out in BC was an eye-opener: Even some of the hipsters i knew were calling them chugs behind their backs. But why let yourself be defined by another persons wrong opinion of you? Visualize yourself doing a powerhouse kickout, and rage yourself in furtherance of a better life, instead of whining to Trudeau (who is a goof btw.)

Are you the Nigerian prince that owes me $2,000,000.00 ???

Then the trial should have been moved. No way was that guy going to get convicted by a jury of his buddies. Its easy to understand the anger by the natives. Once again they get screwed over and nobody has to pay

Nobody has to pay? Tax-payers are paying ridiculous amounts of money in order to maintain the first nations lifestyle of not working and crying victim. The monthly apologies, the payouts and the virtue signalling are only making things worse. It is time to end the treaties, the payouts, the apologies and the reserve system and start the assimilation process. Most of the people living in Canada these days were not even born in this country.

Edit : accidental UFC=Pride quote

Even at the trap range I see guys with a shotgun over their shoulder that turn and have it pointed in someones face. Still though, despite having over 1,000 shells being fired on an average night, nobody has ever been shot.

I shoot at a redneck range where a regular supply of junked cars are brought in to blow up and even there shotguns guns are always either broken or the action is open and shells are only loaded immediately before firing. I’d be nervous of someplace without at least that basic safety requirement.

That's exactly what I would do, lock all my doors get my mini-14 and lcrx and call the police. And if they tried to get in it would be fucking on.

Edit: not the warning shot though, sneak attack.

In most States warning shots (I know we are talking about Canada) are illegal as they are dangerous to unit ended targets.

Are you the Nigerian prince that owes me $2,000,000.00 ???

If you paypal me just 25000 more dollars i can pay the legal fees to release those funds, which are a part of the transaction costs of finalizing contracts with some of the consultants I've been working with in order to safeguard this highly lucrative oppertunity that you have been blessed with- after which you will get 5% interest on that $2,000,000.00.
I promise

PM for details.

Pa Daradara!

If you paypal me just 25000 more dollars i can pay the legal fees to release those funds, which are a part of the transaction costs of finalizing contracts with some of the consultants I've been working with in order to safeguard this highly lucrative oppertunity that you have been blessed with- after which you will get 5% interest on that $2,000,000.00.
I promise

PM for details.

Pa Daradara!

You're a God send ! My sister needs a double lung transplant and I'm paying for it.

I’ve seen a few mentions of jury numbers here (30 aboriginal descended jurors called, a certain number with criminal records, etc). Does anyone have a source containing this information?

Racism only succeeds when you let it succeed. I've met a lot of people who are not fond of minorities from the get go, I've worked with them and somehow over the years, I have gained their trust. It's basic instinct when you only trust your own kind...every race does that...I've worked at a retail hardware store and almost every client would prefer an associate of their own race would serve them...sometimes it's the trust issue...but in the end....
oegHkHy.gif

Nobody has to pay? Tax-payers are paying ridiculous amounts of money in order to maintain the first nations lifestyle of not working and crying victim. The monthly apologies, the payouts and the virtue signalling are only making things worse. It is time to end the treaties, the payouts, the apologies and the reserve system and start the assimilation process. Most of the people living in Canada these days were not even born in this country.
This right here word for word

Yeesh with the warroom has more rational posters and comments than my facebook feed which suddenly has brought out the closet-racists.

I have. There is no justification for shooting a guy in the back of the head.

The defense claimed it was an accident, but the facts don't support that.

He's guilty.

What facts would that be?

Not the point.

Colten Boushie didn't do anything to Gerald Stanley. He was passed out in the SUV. He was shot in the head by a jumpy racist hick.

Oh good grief

Not the point.

Colten Boushie didn't do anything to Gerald Stanley. He was passed out in the SUV. He was shot in the head by a jumpy racist hick.
where were you while the trial was on course? you could've been the witness they never had.

Back