Colonel's head rolls after non-commissioned officer re-enlists with a dinosaur puppet

980x.jpg

This one takes the prize for me. Go Army!

I remember catching hell for not re-enlisting when the bonus was 45000. I was the first one to turn it down and then a couple people after me did it too. But hey at least they lost another person who actually wanted to be in. That’ll show them.

The AF could lighten up. I mean it's just some lighthearted joy, no need to overreact which is what they have done.

Hey cops!
This is what proper accountability looks like.

Nip the shit in the bud on the first fuck up, not wait until they cost taxpayers millions for 5th fuck up.

The AF could lighten up. I mean it's just some lighthearted joy, no need to overreact which is what they have done.
I do think it was a little overboard but the bad PR stuff will always get people in huge trouble.

People really need to stop filming and posting their lives on the web.

I mean it was the Air Guard or some ish?

my former boss here on base, was an E-8 in the Air Guard and could command exactly jack and shit
so sounds about right

I do think it was a little overboard but the bad PR stuff will always get people in huge trouble.
Yah, a few members of the most serious organization in modern military history can't be even mildly lighthearted, ever.
Bad image.

Yah, a few members of the most serious organization in modern military history can't be even mildly lighthearted, ever.
Bad image.
My personal feelings aside (I would punish them too, but less harshly), it was quite "snowflakey" of military people to get that angry about this.

I'm glad they got canned. I'm retired USAF and that's some bull$hit!

And..

How in the BLUE HE// could the 1st Shirt (The First Sergeant) sign off on this?!?! He needs his @$$ surgically removed!

1Sgt is obviously JT.

It’s the Air Force National Guard. Everyone is on a first name basis.
<Fedor23>

Why do people insist on doing stupid stuff, recording it, and then posting it on the internet?

She just identifies as a dinosaur. The punishments dealt by the Air Force amount to a hate crime.

But christ, how the fuck could any of those twats think this was something they should record, assuming they had a reason for the puppet farce anyway.

I used to balk when some of the guys I served with in the Marines ended up getting out a decade later complaining about how everything was getting too soft. I just figured they were saying the same thing ever generation does. I remember hearing shit about the "old corps" of the early 90's, when I was serving in the late 90's.

But this shit? I know it's the AF, but what the fuck?

Good lord.

There are so many badass/memorable ways and places to re-enlist, and she chooses that? Yeah, not everyone can do an underwater or freefall ceremony, but the typical command team will at least try to support something imaginative as long as its not ridiculous.

980x.jpg

980x.jpg

980x.jpg

980x.jpg

980x.jpg

980x.jpg

This one takes the prize for me. Go Army!

They should have all been fired like the puppet lady. What a disgusting lack of discipline.

My personal feelings aside (I would punish them too, but less harshly), it was quite "snowflakey" of military people to get that angry about this.
actually quite the opposite (and i'm not even upset b/c it's Air Guard which is a joke anyway)

People aren't 'offended' in a snowflakey way, they're disgusted at the complete lack of military bearing and professionalism being displayed

'snowflakes' are called such b/c they think they're special (unique) and hence entitlement is attached, this is the exact opposite, maintaining traditional customs and courtesies and following procedures and completely removing individuality from the situation.

Well that was a stupid thing to do.

Back