College professor FIRED for attending race exclusive Black Lives Matter meeting, etc

She seems like a high-maintenance drama queen and a loose cannon. The college probably felt lucky that she gave them the excuse to get rid of her.

She's a political commentator, and this is far from her only racist rant on national television.

To my knowledge, she was not officially fired, but she was suspended indefinitely. This may have changed.

Fired why? She entitled to her (stupid and racist) opinion as long as it isn't affecting her work. Unless she was kicking white students out of her classroom or something, they shouldn't have done anything.
She was fired defending BLM meeting was not racial motivated but the meeting was only for blacks..."black day" as she termed it. Kept stating it has nothing to do with race...but white people who support BLM were not allowed to the meeting because of the color of their skin...she basically went full retard...

No, I wouldn't. I'm with 4 of them right now(3 Hilary voters) and every one thinks she's racist and stupid.

I understand what conservatives who prowl CNN and buzzfeed looking for college trannies assume democrats are, but it's not reality.

Well that's good.. But times are a changing. I voted for Obama twice myself.

Post script 2: I can't believe left wingers still agree to appear on Tuck's show. It almost always ends badly for them.

They all think they're going to be the one that beats him. Liberals to this day still cling to the narrative that John Stewart 'owned' Tucker by calling him a hack and then claming the 'just a comedian' defence.

I believe they should be able to talk about this shit outside of the classroom. Obviously if she brings her agenda/racist bullshit into the classroom, she should be fired. But holding offensive views alone shouldn't get you fired unless it affects work.

I know its easy to naively assume that she must also be a piece of shit in the classroom, but you'd be surprised at how well some people can compartmentalize things. My highschool had a biology teacher arrested for owning hundreds of snakes that he was using to make homemade medicine. Turns out he was some crazy super-fundamentalist Christian cultist selling homemade medicine to other cultists. No one ever suspected a thing from him though, because he seemed like the most normal person in the world at school. He just knew when to switch the crazy on and off.

I'm sure some can compartmentalize their beliefs but I don't think they deserve the benefit of the doubt that they will and that we should assume it won't have any impact on their work. Schools shouldn't have to wait until proof (which may be very difficult) that it has affected their work before taking action, better to fire someone who was capable of separating their beliefs and job than allow one who can't to slip under the radar.

Can we just go ahead and build the wall out of black people?

Fired why? She entitled to her (stupid and racist) opinion as long as it isn't affecting her work. Unless she was kicking white students out of her classroom or something, they shouldn't have done anything.

Because;

- she gives the school she works for a bad look.
- she clearly has racist views
- she is in a mentor role and society does not want to perpetuate hate based on race. Which she clearly condones.

Pretty obvious really.

Why does anyone care if black people want to have a "black people only" event?

We don't . . . they likely have informal similar events all of the time around the country. The point is you shouldn't espouse a hatred for segregation and then celebrate it or boast about it. Especially if you're expecting a pat on the back because of it . . . or if you think it improves race relations at all.

Because she probably signed an employment contract which probably contained terms / clauses to do with not going out in public and coming off as a deranged, racist lunatic that is charged with educating students?

Nobody told you to spend 50K on gender studies
There are those of use like me that are in student loan debt for a degree we're actually using at our job or because we want something like an MD or JD.

.excuse me, but I majored in racial, ethnic, liberation ideology...

Please hire me.

You could be a sensitivity retraining engineer. The re-education camps need qualified teachers!

Nobody told you to spend 50K on gender studies

I know right . . . at least get a degree where you can find an actual job.

My undergrad was completed from Dec '90 to Dec '94 . . . with a summer or two thrown in. I don't think my entire Environmental Health Science degree cost $8500 back then. Definitely not more than $10k.

My oldest just completed her freshman year in college to the tune of $16k.

“Essex County College publicly lynched me in front of my students.”
This reveals her desperation for victim status.

Making statements like this not only minimizes victims of ACTUAL lynching, it cheapens the word itself.

All labs matter
labs.jpg
Congratulations, today you have won the internet!

Back