College Coach Mike Leach Tweets Fake Conspiracy Video

nac386

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Outspoken Trump supporting football coach Mike Leach tweeted out a doctored video of Obama on Father's Day. Apparently it's a video that is often circulated by far-right knuckleheads on forums and Facebook (see: Sherdog Meme thread), and when hundreds of people told him it was fake he repeatedly demanded them to, "Prove it!" After they proved it, repeatedly for several hours, he deleted his posts and said the original video was "incomplete." Lol. No Mike, "incomplete" is not the word for doctored videos created to alter the message, that's propaganda.

Coach Leach, what's your Sherdog name?

"Under the guise of “creating discussion,” the second-highest paid public employee in the state of Washington, who works for a university with 30,000 students, retweeted a doctored video of an old President Obama speech that helps spread a toxic conspiracy theory, argued with followers who pointed out the hoax and refused to back down after several hours.

The video Leach tweeted — he deleted his original tweet — links to a YouTube video, which has been circulating for about four years among extreme right-wing conspiracy theorists and splices elements of a speech Obama gave in Belgium in 2014. The words are edited to make it seem like Obama told a European audience that “Ordinary men and women are too small-minded to govern their own affairs, that order and progress can only come when individuals surrender their rights to an all-powerful sovereign.”

In fact, as the unedited video and transcript of the speech shows, Obama was saying the exact opposite, discussing two visions of power in the world and arguing that authoritarianism was a threat to the international order."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...hy-bigger-schools-avoid-hiring-him/710530002/

All jokes aside, this is a massive problem in our country right now. People legitimately get their information from memes and circulated conspiracy videos that were created by doofuses on the Internet. We see it on Sherdog every single day, many times a day. Check your sources, and stop sharing propaganda.

896a399c-fc52-11e5-9d53-e677ffe42f11-780x431.jpg

29906170001_4930998839001_4930973815001-vs.jpg

I (regrettably) ventured over to greatawakening and I guess QAnon (whoever tf that is) posted this video and their response was he was obviously hacked to destroy credibility of the movement lmao

Mike Leach is a strange dude for sure. I would not want my kid playing for him.

Everyone here MUST BE extra outraged at this freak because the man is a Trump supporter. If you are not COMPLETELY outraged and then some then you are a literal slave driver and likely directly related to Hitler.

Trump supporters always fall for fake news and conspiracy theories.

Ronda is still the GOAT of sports figures tweeting out conspiracy videos imo.

Anyone caught retweeting fake news should lose the right to vote.

I (regrettably) ventured over to greatawakening and I guess QAnon (whoever tf that is) posted this video and their response was he was obviously hacked to destroy credibility of the movement lmao

You see the thread about KJU being a victim of the Deep State and Trump supposedly freeing him from their influence?

{<jordan}

Did Obama’s get their White House portrait painted by artist with a portfolio of images depicting black women holding severed heads of white woman or was that doctored?

Snopedog can you help?

All jokes aside, this is a massive problem in our country right now. People legitimately get their information from memes and circulated conspiracy videos that were created by doofuses on the Internet. We see it on Sherdog every single day, many times a day. Check your sources, and stop sharing propaganda.
Newsflash: if the traditional sources of news did their job with more integrity we wouldn’t have as big of a problem with this.

Newsflash: if the traditional sources of news did their job with more integrity we wouldn’t have as big of a problem with this.

^ This is the other excuse that is hurting society. People blame their own idiotic mistakes on other people. It's pretty easy to not fall for, and then spread ridiculous propaganda. Have some accountability.

Everyone here MUST BE extra outraged at this freak because the man is a Trump supporter. If you are not COMPLETELY outraged and then some then you are a literal slave driver and likely directly related to Hitler.

The real question you need to ask yourself, is why do right-wing conspiracies run amok in society, and why do so many people fall for them so easily?

It's a real problem, and it deserves some serious thought.

^ This is the other excuse that is hurting society. People blame their own idiotic mistakes on other people. It's pretty easy to not fall for, and then spread ridiculous propaganda. Have some accountability.
Its easy yes, but not until you realize what a sucker you've been for X amount of years. Not everyone realizes this yet.

I love people scoffing at this as if there aren't multiple people on this very board that 100% believe the claims this guy is making. It's not just a tiny fraction of conservatives on the fringe. A lot of people believe these things and it's a problem.

"Prove it."
"Sure no problem, here is a mountain of irrefutable proof. Do you see now that you were wrong?"
"Hey we're just having a discussion here, we can disagree!"

<Huh2>{<doc}

when you have massive dislike or hatred for someone or a group you'll pretty much believe anything you hear that's against them

I love people scoffing at this as if there aren't multiple people on this very board that 100% believe the claims this guy is making. It's not just a tiny fraction of conservatives on the fringe. A lot of people believe these things and it's a problem.

"Prove it."
"Sure no problem, here is a mountain of irrefutable proof. Do you see now that you were wrong?"
"Hey we're just having a discussion here, we can disagree!"

<Huh2>{<doc}
I don't think I have ever seen a conspiracy moron admit they were wrong.

Back