College Closes Due to Threats After Allegedly Racist Posts by Professor

dontsnitch

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Trinity College said it received threats related to social media posts by professor Johnny Eric Williams. The campus of the liberal arts school in Hartford is closed until further notice.

0f7ee2edc335c00d29aaf0b9adff06787fc91fc4.jpg

Williams said the campus was closed because of a bomb threat that was made in reaction to what he says is the media's misinterpretation of his Facebook posts.

In addition to his posts, Williams had shared a Medium article titled “Let Them F***ing Die” in which the anonymous author suggests that “bigots,” such as those numbered among the victims of the congressional shooting, should be left for dead, and it included a picture of Scalise.

caf9a217a675564176612ecdcff5c424cf28f756.jpg

Williams said in two posts made on Facebook on Sunday that he was fed up "with self-identified 'white's' daily violence" against oppressed groups, The Hartford Courant reported. The posts called for an end to white supremacy and the "destructive mythology of whiteness"

Williams told the newspaper the posts were made in reaction to a fatal police shooting in Seattle. He claims his words were twisted by some people in the media to sound as though he was saying the victims of the Alexandria, Virginia, shooting should've been left to die. "They are thinking I'm talking about a Congressman," Williams said. "That's not at all the case."

House Republican Leader Themis Klarides and state Sen. George Logan to send a letter dated Wednesday to Berger-Sweeney calling for Trinity to "immediately, and permanently" remove Williams from the school's faculty.

---

You may also remember Lisa Durden, professor at Essex County College, from this Tucker Carlson interview:

After the show, Durden received a letter from the vice president for academic affairs at Essex County College, informing her that she was suspended “until further notice.”

Karen Bridgett, the assistant director of HR, told Durden that someone “complained” about her association with the college during the television show appearance.

---

TL;DR: College professors spout questionable progressive drivel outside of the classroom, get fired.

Are these dismissals fair? Unfair?
Is this a sign the pendulum is beginning to swing back somewhere sane?
Are we too far gone and this is too little, too late?
Was it always sane and me and my ilk are just paranoid alarmists who exaggerate these problems?

He was last seen at the bike store shopping for u locks.

I'm all for free speech. That being said why is this idiot allowed to teach when he says dumb shit like this? Do colleges have any standards anymore?

Honestly, I think it would greatly benefit America if colleges and universities simply dropped all non-STEM curriculum, because these topics are not backed by any facts. It's simply people forcing their opinions onto their students, we don't need to subsidize or make people waste their time getting a useless degree.

At this point if I was hiring for a business, I'd rather take someone without a college degree rather than someone with a woman studies/liberal arts degree.

The "college" should be shut down, but not for this. For being a diploma mill that cheapens real college degrees.

williams.jpg

Another bitter unintelligent toilet scrubber rescued by academia so he can spend his life roleplaying as a "smart person"

lol @ the matching windows background. Boy does he ever hate the people who pay him to complain about them all day and while producing nothing. The struggle.

Last edited:
This is the beauty of free speech.

You can say anything you want. Just don't be surprised when society reacts badly to your idiotic statement.

The Right Wingers are officially the biggest pussies ever....Getting people fired over an opinion? I thought you pussies believed in freedom of speech?

Arn't you, the same people who cry when somebody gets fired because some SJW cried about a non related work incident?

You people are such a fucking joke.

I'm all for free speech. That being said why is this idiot allowed to teach when he says dumb shit like this? Do colleges have any standards anymore?

Honestly, I think it would greatly benefit America if colleges and universities simply dropped all non-STEM curriculum, because these topics are not backed by any facts. It's simply people forcing their opinions onto their students, we don't need to subsidize or make people waste their time getting a useless degree.

At this point if I was hiring for a business, I'd rather take someone without a college degree rather than someone with a woman studies/liberal arts degree.

Have you looked at the list of degrees which aren't STEM recently...?

The Right Wingers are officially the biggest pussies ever....Getting people fired over an opinion? I thought you pussies believed in freedom of speech?

Arn't you, the same people who cry when somebody gets fired because some SJW cried about a non related work incident?

I feel like I've read this post before 218 times

Mods, this is Leroy Jenkins and Hollywood Nicky.

Lol

Leftists hire other leftists and let them get away with being way too extreme to be teaching young minds.

The only reason this guy was stopped is because he posted it on Facebook instead of just telling it to the other students

Same with the cunty lady, she has obviously been preaching this shit in universities until she did it on air and the school couldn't keep it contained to the campus anymore

Need to take back the education system from the cultural marxists

You aint fooling me my man.

http://www.trincoll.edu/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/pages/StatementSocialMedia21June17.aspx

Statement Regarding Social Media Posts by Faculty Member
An Update from Trinity President Joanne Berger-Sweeney

June 21, 2017

Dear Members of the Trinity Community,

As many of you are aware, a set of social media posts by one of our faculty members has resulted in a loud and public rebuke and landed Trinity College in a national spotlight, both in the media and across various social media platforms. I understand the concerns many have expressed, and I’m especially grateful for the inquiries we’ve received from members of our community who’ve asked whether what they’re reading and hearing is accurate. To be clear, both personally and on behalf of the College that I represent, I do not condone hate speech or calls to incite violence.

I’ve spoken with Johnny Williams, who has been a sociology professor at Trinity since 1996. I wanted to hear directly from him about the messages he posted and what has transpired since. It is important to clarify a few details. On June 16, a writer who goes by the name “Son of Baldwin”—and who is not Johnny Williams—wrote a piece for Medium.com that cited another writer’s perspective on the shooting that occurred at the Congressional baseball practice in Virginia last week. The Medium piece went on to explore broader issues concerning race and the relationship between “victims of bigotry” and “bigots.” The piece culminated with a call to show indifference to the lives of bigots. That call was reprehensible, and any such suggestion is abhorrent and wholly contrary to Trinity’s values.

While Professor Williams did not write that article, he did share it on his personal social media accounts this week, and he did so with the use of a hashtag that connected directly to the inflammatory conclusion of that article. Professor Williams, who teaches about race and racism, shared the article on his personal Twitter account using that hashtag; he also shared it on his personal Facebook page.

The Dean of the Faculty will review this matter and advise me on whether college procedures or policies were broken. I told Professor Williams that in my opinion his use of the hashtag was reprehensible and, at the very least, in poor judgment. No matter its intent, it goes against our fundamental values as an institution, and I believe its effect is to close minds rather than open them.

I want to underscore that what we seek is to build a diverse college community that is welcoming to all viewpoints and backgrounds and that engages in civil discourse on even the most vexing issues. That requires that we continue to uphold our fundamental belief in academic freedom and support our community members’ constitutional right to free speech. But our aspirations for the community we want to be also demand we take particular care with the words we use and the contexts in which we use them.

This incident has caused distress on our campus and beyond; threats of violence have been directed to Professor Williams and to our campus community, neither of which is an acceptable response.

I denounce hate speech in all its forms, I will explore all options to resolve this matter, and I will be back in touch with our community members with our decisions.

Sincerely,

Joanne Berger-Sweeney
President and Trinity College Professor of Neuroscience

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

In other news.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

What the hell do you mean? You people.

The only problem is they already are screwing with the S and M; science has gender fluidity spectrum and math got common cored where wrong answers can actually count as correct, and correct answers can be wrong

Back