College "Athletes" must write essays in forced sodomy case

You are asking for a blanket condemnation of the man, in a very general sense. Rather than to condemn a specific sin. If I remember correctly, RIP believes that we are all sinners, which means that he believes Trump is a sinner.

Rip can correct me if I'm wrong there.

He sure was quick to judge these christian students guilty, and assert that they were not christians. The bible says judge not, lest ye be judged. So you either have to call out Trump too, or dont, and be a hypocrite.

He sure was quick to judge these christian students guilty, and assert that they were not christians. The bible says judge not, lest ye be judged. So you either have to call out Trump too, or dont, and be a hypocrite.

Call him out for something specific perhaps, like being a womanizer.

And yeah, if Rip is condemning those kids while at the same time sodomizing people with bottles, then indeed he would be a hypocrite there.

Call him out for something specific perhaps, like being a womanizer.

And yeah, if Rip is condemning those kids while at the same time sodomizing people with bottles, then indeed he would be a hypocrite there.

If you live your life by a set of tenets that say there are no small sins, and you condemn one person while refusing to condemn another for sinful behavior, you are a hypocrite.

If you are a follower of Jesus, you are not supposed to judge anyone, as you are a sinner as well.

Either way, he is displaying hypocrisy.

If you live your life by a set of tenets that say there are no small sins, and you condemn one person while refusing to condemn another for sinful behavior, you are a hypocrite.

If you are a follower of Jesus, you are not supposed to judge anyone, as you are a sinner as well.

Either way, he is displaying hypocrisy.

A blanket condemnation is different than condemning something specific that is sinful. So if you are just going to say 'condemn him for sinful behavior' without actually specifying something, then there isn't really any response to that. It's not meaningful. You are in essence wanting to condemn the sinner, and not the sin, without even specifying what the sin is.

As to Christians not being able to judge others, I don't know if that's true. I think it's more likely that you had better be prepared to be judged by the same standards if you do

Matthew 7:5
"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye"

Hah now I am quoting the bible. Look at me now

A blanket condemnation is different than condemning something specific that is sinful. So if you are just going to say 'condemn him for sinful behavior' without actually specifying something, then there isn't really any response to that. It's not meaningful. You are in essence wanting to condemn the sinner, and not the sin, without even specifying what the sin is.

As to Christians not being able to judge others, I don't know if that's true. I think it's more likely that you had better be prepared to be judged by the same standards if you do

Matthew 7:5
"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye"

Hah now I am quoting the bible. Look at me now

Where did I imply that Trump deserved a blanket condemnation? He deserves to be judged on a case by case basis. He routinely fails to act along the lines of Jesus, and yet the follower of Jesus reliably refuses to condemn his actions, and goes so far as to obfuscate for the president. Yet again, hypocrisy.

Where did I imply that Trump deserved a blanket condemnation? He deserves to be judged on a case by case basis. He routinely fails to act along the lines of Jesus, and yet the follower of Jesus reliably refuses to condemn his actions, and goes so far as to obfuscate for the president. Yet again, hypocrisy.

It is assumed because you are speaking in general terms. "He isn't acting along the lines of Jesus". Ok, that's true for all people. So it isn't meaningful.

@ripskater
Do you think Trump acts along the lines of Jesus Christ, in a general sense? Or is he a sinner in some ways?

It is assumed because you are speaking in general terms. "He isn't acting along the lines of Jesus". Ok, that's true for all people. So it isn't meaningful.

@ripskater
Do you think Trump acts along the lines of Jesus Christ, in a general sense? Or is he a sinner in some ways?

Furthermore, if Trump does act against the tenets of Christ, why does he keep defending him?

Furthermore, if Trump does act against the tenets of Christ, why does he keep defending him?

Maybe he believes that Trump can do good things. I dunno. It's not hypocrisy to defend someone in a general sense, that may be a sinner in some ways.

Keep in mind that everyone is a sinner.

The boys should have known that Catholic Priests are the only ones allowed to sexually assault people.

Maybe he believes that Trump can do good things. I dunno. It's not hypocrisy to defend someone in a general sense, that may be a sinner in some ways.

Keep in mind that everyone is a sinner.

According to christian doctrine, yes they are, and which is why it is odd to me that he defends Trump despite his actions, yet judges these other christians immediately and even goes so far as to state that they are not christians.

A fellow student was kidnapped from his dorm room, bound his arms and legs and almost sodomized by an unknown object.

The punishment for this crime? Well 50 hours of community service and the rapists were forced to write an 8 page essay reflecting on their behavior. I'm sure the essay goes something like, Please forgive me father for that I did not realize kidnap and forcible sodomy were bad. It's just I gave into temptation.

https://patch.com/illinois/wheaton/...all-players-beat-sexually-assaulted-kidnapped

So much for christians having the moral high ground. Good thing the police were called in so these clowns can face some real charges. I wonder if they will be able to pray this all away
This is real bad. The school essentially covered up 3 different Felonies and now the victim is pressing charges against the students (school has already acknowledged that the incident did happen so the proof is already there). The students and the school are so screwed

@ripskater
Trump is a sinner like every other man that walked the planet not named Jesus Christ.

According to christian doctrine, yes they are, and which is why it is odd to me that he defends Trump despite his actions, yet judges these other christians immediately and even goes so far as to state that they are not christians.
I don't say that Trump is a Christian. Cause I don't know if he is.

You are right in one sense, it may be possible that these football are backslid Christians. I've changed my mind since the beginning of the thread about the possiblity that these football players could have salvation but have backslid and have not been walking with God.

Are they Christians? We don't know. You aren't a Christian because of your mom or dad, or because you go to church or because you go to a Christian College.

I've known college athletes that are non-Christians that go to play college sports for Christian colleges.

As an atheist, I don't think this is a Christian problem. This is a stupid problem.

Lets hold Christianity accountable shall we? Pretending it isn't doesn't do humanity any good. Call a spade a spade. In this case a disgusting cult.

I don't say that Trump is a Christian. Cause I don't know if he is.

You are right in one sense, it may be possible that these football are backslid Christians. I've changed my mind since the beginning of the thread about the possiblity that these football players could have salvation but have backslid and have not been walking with God.

Are they Christians? We don't know. You aren't a Christian because of your mom or dad, or because you go to church or because you go to a Christian College.

I've known college athletes that are non-Christians that go to play college sports for Christian colleges.

Well, why the insistent defense of Trump's actions, as a christian, considering your continued narrative about him being godly and what not, when his behavior is consistently un jesus like?

Well, why the insistent defense of Trump's actions, as a christian, considering your continued narrative about him being godly and what not, when his behavior is consistently un jesus like?
I don't say that Trump is Godly.

I don't say that Trump is Godly.

Seriously? You kiss his ass every time he's seen praying, or paying lip service to your faith, whilst refusing to condemn his actions each and every time he displays characteristics that are the antithesis of Jesus.

Seriously? You kiss his ass every time he's seen praying, or paying lip service to your faith, whilst refusing to condemn his actions each and every time he displays characteristics that are the antithesis of Jesus.
I've just said it's good that we have a president that has Christians praying for him in the White House.

Also, what do you want me to condemn specifically that Trump does?

I've just said it's good that we have a president that has Christians praying for him in the White House.

Also, what do you want me to condemn specifically that Trump does?

I dont know, maybe the stuff that contradicts the faith you preach about on this board? He petulantly makes fun of people, and you defend him. He brags about being rich, you defend him. He shows a frankly insane level of pride, you defend him. He has had 3 trophy wives, you defend him, etc etc etc.

Back