Collection of Best I've faced/trained (Ring Magazine)

Mr Left has already begun to absorb long ago Mr Fist. He is sprouting as we speak.
The herbs of knowledge have been marinating my existence since the moment they were rubbed onto my flesh.

Duran's is weird. I find it hard to accept that Buchanan was more skillful than Leonard or the De Jesus was a better puncher than Hearns. No mention of Benitez either, who completely shut Duran down.

For Duran, I would go with:

Best skills: Marcel
Best jab: Buchanan or Hearns
Best defence: Benitez
Best chin: Hagler, HM to Buchanan
Best puncher: Hearns
Fastest hands: Leonard
Best feet: Marcel
Smartest: Leonard
Strongest: Hagler
Best Overall: Hagler or Leonard

Duran's is weird. I find it hard to accept that Buchanan was more skillful than Leonard or the De Jesus was a better puncher than Hearns. No mention of Benitez either, who completely shut Duran down.
yeah, same with me, but like I said earlier in this thread, personality has a lot to do with it, Duran is stubborn and is given to talking up certain fighters and talking others down, just like anybody else

90% dead links. Great thread idea though @ironfist05. Was looking forward to reading a lot of them.

None of this testing stuff would've mattered had Manny just trained in ocean water. Didn't need an approval for that!

Bump

Fenech, Finito, Tokuyama, Zaragoza and some more

Juan LaPorte (has a lot of top fighters listed, like Nelson, Pedroza, Sanchez, Chavez, Gomez and many others)

and Paulie, which is always fun

Spinks and Bute too

Raul Marquez, Holyfield, Michalczewski, Rafa Marquez, and Salido

Guerrero, Pavlik, SRL, Mugabi, Barkley, Zapata, and McGuigan

Last edited:
LOL @ Carl Froch saying Mikel Kessller is the best he's faced. Bitter motherfucker.

LOL @ Carl Froch saying Mikel Kessller is the best he's faced. Bitter motherfucker.
I don't think he appreciates the smothering and use of head as third fist. Carl's speciality was in fighting and ward was all wrong. He's said that because Kessler would stand and bang.

Back