Colin Kapernick is blackballed and you know it :'(- Yahoo front page

The Civil Rights Act specifically protects JOBS from being restricted by discriminatory practices.

You said persons shouldn't be able to challenge employment actions because jobs aren't "a basic human right."

That's not a straw man. It's a very clear and direct connection.
Is refusing to sign an at best average quarterback discriminatory?

I don't think judging someone on their job performance is unfairly discriminatory.

So it boils down to a 2nd stringer that wants too much money and has too much baggage.

I am both a supporter of racial justice and a fan of Kaepernick and his cause.

However, I think the "blackball" talk is misplaced. I think he is being blackballed to the extent that his politics bring unneeded media attention and alienate NFL fan bases, which are, let's face it, largely comprised of mouth breathing red neck types.

If Kaepernick was so good, like Aaron Rodgers good, that he would himself alone make a team a contender, he would be signed because social conservatives really don't hold that dearly to their principles and would absolutely go back to supporting their team if they started winning rings.

But right now his talents just don't justify the collateral damage. It has nothing to do at all with the owners' personal political beliefs.

Huh? How do you not see that this is a (n exceedingly silly) straw man?

It follows from your implied requirement that, because jobs are not "a basic essential human right," they shouldn't be protected. That's the cut-off? I'm guessing you don't support the Civil Rights Act of 1964 then? We can deny people the ability to work, the privilege to operate motor vehicles, or any litany of political rights on arbitrary bases because "basic human rights" are the only things that deserve protection?

Lost at supporter for racial justice. Like you have to stand up and announce this to everyone or you are not for a fair criminal system. Fucking cuck.

the nfl is a private sports league. they can do whatever they want. if kaepernick hadn't opened his mouth and hurt business, he would probably be playing for a team right now. they're not in it for fairness. they want our money.

i think its an issue with the NFLPA contract.

This all stops in a heart beat as soon as the players union says something. I know that is expecting a lot from the union representatives that negotiated the worst player agreement ever.

He would be signed if he was a top 10 QB even with all of the bullshit he brings to the table. As it stands he is a mediocre QB that has to have an entire offense catered to a very limited skill set that DCs worth their pay have figured out. Teams will not pay him $15 million a year to have to deal with the lack of talent and media bullshit. If he sucked up his pride and accepted $5-8 million a year he would be on a team.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/2016-nfl-qb-tier-rankings/story?id=41230629#Tier 4

TIER 4 (5 QBs TOTAL)

29. Colin Kaepernick | San Francisco 49ers
Avg. rating: 3.83 | Change in rating: -30.3% | 2015 rank: T-18

Kaepernick was a dynamic dual-threat QB when the 49ers had a dominating defense, dominating offensive line, two outstanding tight ends and an all-star coaching staff. Without those things, Kaepernick is scrambling to beat out Blaine Gabbert for the starting job under his third head coach in three years. See how that works?

"They have proved you can win with him," a QB coach said, "but he is a guy you really have to cater to because he really struggled with some of the pro-style stuff from a protection standpoint, and obviously his accuracy has hindered him."

Voters saw Kaepernick's performance at Arizona early last season as a giant red flag. Kaepernick wasn't just bad while throwing four picks during a Week 3 defeat, he appeared lost. Voters have gone from evaluating technical aspects of Kaepernick's game -- a throwing motion that hinders getting the ball up and down the seam, as one offensive coordinator put it -- to asking more existential questions.

"There is something missing with him," another offensive coordinator said. "I don't know what it is. Maybe it is the desire to play. That is the feeling that I get from watching him and when he talks about football and all you hear. For a guy who has talent like that to be so inconsistent, if he doesn't love it, he is never going to be that great."

Kaepernick isn't the first quarterback to suffer through one really bad season. Injuries were one factor. The question now is whether new coach Chip Kelly will name Kaepernick the starter. Most voters I asked thought Gabbert would probably be the choice.

"Chip doesn't like those edgy guys, man, and Kaepernick is a little edgy," a personnel director said. "Now, if Kaepernick is studying and doing the things he is supposed to be doing, maybe he beats him out. But I think Gabbert will do all the right things as far as studying, knowing the offense -- and he is just as talented. Kaepernick can run, but Gabbert can run, too."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...index-tom-brady-owns-no-1-in-yearend-rankings

Known unknowns

26) Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers (2015: 32)

27) Blake Bortles, Jacksonville Jaguars (2015: 13)

28) Ryan Fitzpatrick, New York Jets (2015: 14)

29) Matt Barkley, Chicago Bears (2015: N/A)

30) Robert Griffin III, Cleveland Browns (2015: N/A)

31) Brock Osweiler, Houston Texans (2015: 28)

32) Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams (2015: N/A)

This tier includes a stew of young quarterbacks hoping to improve and veteran quarterbacks hoping to stay employed. It was somehow fitting that RGIII and Kaepernick, so recently among the game's brightest young stars, enjoyed their best moments on Christmas Eve while their respective teams jostled to avoid the worst record in football. They are similar players in many ways, with Kaepernick the superior version because he still mixes in the wow plays Griffin lacks. They are both likely headed for backup jobs next season. That's also true of Barkley. The USC favorite son had his moments, but he also threw 14 interceptions in only 216 attempts -- a rate that would make Ryan Fitzpatrick blush through his beard.

That (28) next to Osweiler's name is a reminder that he didn't play particularly well in Denver, either. His lack of touch and inability to keep deep passes inbounds haunt Bill O'Brien's dreams. The Texans might be better off just moving on from this mistake before any more damage can be done.

Goff deserves a fresh start with an NFL-caliber coaching staff, but the depths of his struggles should not be ignored. By some measures, Goff passed Ryan Leaf as the least efficient rookie quarterback ever with at least 200 dropbacks.

Goff's development will be one of the stories to track next season. Until then, thanks for tuning in.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season

29. COLIN KAEPERNICK, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
2016 overall grade: 52.2

Kaepernick has performed at a slightly better level than last year, still not instilling confidence that he’s back on track to be a long-term starter in the league. He ranks 33rd in adjusted completion percentage at 68.1 percent and his 92.6 passer rating from a clean pocket ranks 29th in the league.

3 different sources showing him to be not worth the hassle.

So it boils down to a 2nd stringer that wants too much money and has too much baggage.
Also he walked away from his 49ers position. He would still have a job despite all the bullshit behind him if he didn't walk away.

He ticks many boxes for him not to get picked up. Happens to athletes all around the world and from all sports. No story here.

He was paid eight figures for sitting on his ass during last season, while kneeling during the national anthem.

I have fucks, and Colin Kapernick's career going into the shitter is not worth half of one to give.

I don't know if I should be more offended by Kapernick not having a job, or a sheik being mayor of New Jersey.

Is refusing to sign an at best average quarterback discriminatory?

I don't think judging someone on their job performance is unfairly discriminatory.

No, I already said as much. I don't think his being "blackballed" is anything than a set of economic decisions.

I was just pointing out his flawed logic.

Lost at supporter for racial justice. Like you have to stand up and announce this to everyone or you are not for a fair criminal system. Fucking cuck.

You seem really smart.

He was paid eight figures for sitting on his ass during last season, while kneeling during the national anthem.

Did you mean "play in 12 games with 16 touchdowns and a 90.7 QBR" ?? The other quarterback had 5 touchdowns and a 68.4 QBR... and is making $885k base salary this season. But hey, he was marginal in a whole one game he played this season with 3TDs and 2INTs.

Did you mean "play in 12 games with 16 touchdowns and a 90.7 QBR" ?? The other quarterback had 5 touchdowns and a 68.4 QBR... and is making $885k base salary this season. But hey, he was marginal in a whole one game he played this season with 3TDs and 2INTs.
his QBR was 49.5 with a 59.2% completion rate, 7 fumbles and 2 wins

So.... why walk out on the 49ers?

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/1/14599712/colin-kaepernick-contract-opt-out-49ers-free-agent

And I'm sure he was so pissed when he was negotiating with the Ravens, and she tweeted...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet/636586001/

Nice going, bitch.

So is he blackballed? Kinda hard to make that argument when he was minutes from being signed onto a new team.

his QBR was 49.5 with a 59.2% completion rate, 7 fumbles and 2 wins

He only had 1 win. He had a good game against the Dolphins, a good end against the Rams, and that was pretty much it.

ITT a bunch of white adult men celebrate a person of color losing his job and ability to feed his family for taking a stand against oppression.

Sherdog really is a vile cesspool of hate and bigotry and I don't quite know why I continue to post here.
The guy did it to himself. He wasn't fired; he voluntarily walked away. You don't want to lose your job, don't demand pay that you're not worth. Don't walk way from guaranteed money. Don't be a locker room drama queen. Don't shit on the fanbase that brings in the revenue that pays your salary. Don't let your gf shit on the owners who might potentially hire you.

The guys a mediocre QB, and self-righteous moronic drama queen to boot. He's done nothing to warrant gainful employment, let alone starter money in the NFL.

And lol at implying he's being ridiculed for not having a job because he's "a person of color". He's being ridiculed for being an entitled self-righteous cunt, who goes out his way to shit on the flag. He's a Darwin Award winner posing as an intellectual martyr.

What a comeback!

<LikeReally5>

How heroic are you standing up for racial injustice and applauding the multimillionaire baby for bending the knee!

P.S. 2016 join date...

<FookIsThatGuy>

Holy wow, steel trap wit, high level gif usage, easily rustled, AND cares about Internet join dates?

You, my friend, are a winner, for sure.

Back