Colin Cowherd; Conors already lost 3 times as a UFC fighter, hes not even dominating

Cowherd is about as qualified to speak about MMA as I'm qualified to teach molecular biology at Harvard.

the average casual, maybe...but then it is our job to steer our casual friends in the right direction, to listen to people who have a clue.

and who would you point them to?

You think a casual is gonna listen to an MMA podcast? Or actually watch extra content?

If they did, they wouldn't be a casual.

OMG he lost 3 times???!!

So sick of these fucking retards who don't follow the sport commenting on it.

Yes, MMA is not like boxing. It's not a sport where you can just pad your record and pick and choose favourable matchups for decades. It's also a much more dynamic sport, where a bad matchup for a dominant champ can be right around the corner at any given moment. It's much more rock-paper-scissors-ish, and the unexpected/exciting happens frequently, that's why it's slowly been eating the lunch of boring and rigged pillow fisting.

Virtually every great fighter has had bad losses and bad performances. Why is this jerk off even on the air?
These idiots have to fill up time so they talk about shit that they know nothing about.

he was wrong in stating 3 losses, but his rants point is pretty valid in my opinion.

Conor is not as dominant as most nut huggers like to admit. Great fighter, but not GOAT (which many will try to illogically force you to believe).

Conor was having flashes of trouble with Chad's boxing in the first.
Conor got outboxed and finished by Nate Diaz
Conor had trouble with Nate's boxing in the rematch and had to offset the issue by making a more kickboxing-centric approach, not by being a purely better boxer.
Conor was getting pieced up by an off the couch Van Werden in the sparring video. There was an obvious mismatch in boxing skill between the two.

Are you getting the point yet?
He has a very tiny tiny chance to win. Floyd barely gets touched by world-class boxers. It would be naive to think he has more than a hail mary chance at winning

I really don't think you can argue a solid point against that.

Colin Cowherd, I've never heard of him but maybe that's because I'm not a cow.

It's true though 1-1 with Nate isn't dominating MMA but beating Jose and Eddie was very good and sort of gives the impression of dominance, sort of.

Outside of Nate Diaz who has all the attributes to give McGregor problems, CM has absolutely been dominating. It's amazing that these sports talk guys who don't know shit about MMA comment on it. Then again, that is their job - to talk about sports they don't know much about and maybe one or two they know decently well.

The butthurt is real. Nothing Cowherd said was untrue.

Connor is talking shit to sell PPV's aka make more money. He doesn't even believe he can win.

OMG he lost 3 times???!!

So sick of these fucking retards who don't follow the sport commenting on it.

Yes, MMA is not like boxing. It's not a sport where you can just pad your record and pick and choose favourable matchups for decades. It's also a much more dynamic sport, where a bad matchup for a dominant champ can be right around the corner at any given moment. It's much more rock-paper-scissors-ish, and the unexpected/exciting happens frequently, that's why it's slowly been eating the lunch of boring and rigged pillow fisting.

Virtually every great fighter has had bad losses and bad performances. Why is this jerk off even on the air?
Except Mayweather

Outside of Nate Diaz who has all the attributes to give McGregor problems, CM has absolutely been dominating. It's amazing that these sports talk guys who don't know shit about MMA comment on it. Then again, that is their job - to talk about sports they don't know much about and maybe one or two they know decently well.
Mendes fight went 2 rounds and Mendes was winning for 1 and a half of them. Not dominating. If it was a dominating win no one would say I want to see him fight Mendes with a full camp.

he was wrong in stating 3 losses, but his rants point is pretty valid in my opinion.

Conor is not as dominant as most nut huggers like to admit. Great fighter, but not GOAT (which many will try to illogically force you to believe).

Conor was having flashes of trouble with Chad's boxing in the first.
Conor got outboxed and finished by Nate Diaz
Conor had trouble with Nate's boxing in the rematch and had to offset the issue by making a more kickboxing-centric approach, not by being a purely better boxer.
Conor was getting pieced up by an off the couch Van Werden in the sparring video. There was an obvious mismatch in boxing skill between the two.

Are you getting the point yet?
He has a very tiny tiny chance to win. Floyd barely gets touched by world-class boxers. It would be naive to think he has more than a hail mary chance at winning

I really don't think you can argue a solid point against that.
All true and worth pointing out that he only faced one really good wrestler/grappler and Chad clearly gassed in that fight. He had a ton of success taking McGregor down too.

I don't think we'll ever get to see it but if he fights Khabib and doesn't catch him he's getting submitted or the fight stopped. Ferguson would be a tough fight too.

A better matchup but still tough would be a Max rematch. Just to add to what you said, though, McGregor has exactly zero title defenses. If we want to talk about dominating a sport you have to defend multiple times.

Lol at all the mma purist. Tards. He is right, Conor isn't dominating anywhere near like Floyd has.. its not inaccurate

Mendes fight went 2 rounds and Mendes was winning for 1 and a half of them. Not dominating. If it was a dominating win no one would say I want to see him fight merged with a full camp.
I agree.

This is what happens when D-bags who have never watched MMA try to talk on this sport.

TBH a lot of his competition was pretty meh. He's really good but his 49-0 record is a bit of a sham.

Of course he will crush Conor though. Obviously.
His record is very good IMO. Granted, you can argue about timing but he's beaten Oscar De La Hoya, Gotti, Hatten, Judah, Mosley, Cotto, Pac, Corrales, JMM, Canelo, etc.. We'll leave out Ortiz but man that's pretty fucking good if you ask me. At least 4 HOFers.

I remember when I first heard this guy talk on ESPN, every since then, I stopped watching this guy. He doesn't seem to know what he talks about and is a nuthugger, especially if the athlete is right in front of him. lol.

Back